Author Topic: DHS buys 2700 Light Armored Tanks.  (Read 1112 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: DHS buys 2700 Light Armored Tanks.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 06:15:58 AM »
floor mats ?   :D :D :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 06:16:51 AM »
floor mats ?   :D :D :D :D

Glad you laugh at this. 

What is DHS planning with all this and the 1.6 Billion rounds it just bought? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 06:20:21 AM »
they're coming to get you  :D :D :D :D be afraid very afraid  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 06:41:27 AM »
Obama/DHS Purchases: 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks, 1.6B Bullet Stockpile (30-35,000 drones on order)
 Jim Hoft on gatewaypundit.com | 3/3/13 | Modern Survival Blog

Posted on Monday, March 04, 2013 9:00:13 AM by Liz

This is getting a little creepy. According to one estimate, since last year the Department of Homeland Security has stockpiled more than 1.6 billion bullets, mainly .40 caliber and 9mm. DHS also purchased 2,700 Mine Resistant Armor Protected Vehicles (MRAP). (30-35,0000 drones are on order--being built in Starkville, Miss.)

Modern Survival Blog reported: The Department of Homeland Security (through the U.S. Army Forces Command) recently retrofitted 2,717 of these ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.

Although I’ve seen and read several online blurbs about this vehicle of late, I decided to dig slightly deeper and discover more about the vehicle itself.

The new DHS sanctioned ‘Street Sweeper’ (my own slang due to the gun ports) is built by Navistar Defense (NavistarDefense.com), a division within the Navistar organization. Under the Navistar umbrella are several other companies including International Trucks, IC Bus (they make school buses), Monaco RV (recreational vehicles), WorkHorse (they make chassis), MaxxForce (diesel engines), and Navistar Financial (the money arm of the company).

DHS even released a video on their newly purchased MRAPs. LINK AT WEB SITE ---Via Pat Dollard:

The MRAP featured in the video was in Albuquerque, New Mexico for Law Enforcement Day which was held at a local area Target Store. This MRAP is stationed in El Paso, Texas at The Homeland Security Investigations Office. MRAP is a Mine Resistant Armor Protected Vehicle.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/03/obama-dhs-purchases-2700-light-armored-tanks-to-go-with-their-1-6-billion-bullet-stockpile

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 07:04:43 AM »
lol

"Weapons of war have no place in our streets." - Obama.

I thought we were broke? 

Maybe Obama can curtail this garbage if he is so interested in saving money? 

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 11:42:26 AM »
lol

"Weapons of war have no place in our streets." - Obama.

The cash registers are ringing off the hook with stuff like this.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 11:45:52 AM »
They say "Police / Rescue" on them... Pretty scary

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 12:07:54 PM »
govt loves to blow $ on weapons like this.

and you have millions of internet warriors bragging about how they should overthrow this or that.  Remember the people screaming about rioting onelection day?

This is the result you're asking for... giving the govt the permission to buy these things.  Cause you never know when one of these nutjobs really is going to organize something, or when some nutbag tv host will pull a stunt and start a riot.

I dont like this shit any more than yall do... but anyone who screams about fighting the power, overthrow, revolution, rioting, etc... well, your words (even if they're empty threats) arebeing used to justify actions like these :(

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 12:11:18 PM »
govt loves to blow $ on weapons like this.

and you have millions of internet warriors bragging about how they should overthrow this or that.  Remember the people screaming about rioting onelection day?

This is the result you're asking for... giving the govt the permission to buy these things.  Cause you never know when one of these nutjobs really is going to organize something, or when some nutbag tv host will pull a stunt and start a riot.

I dont like this shit any more than yall do... but anyone who screams about fighting the power, overthrow, revolution, rioting, etc... well, your words (even if they're empty threats) arebeing used to justify actions like these :(

People should just STFU, give up their guns, and hope we don't get raped to hard? ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 12:30:44 PM »
People should just STFU, give up their guns, and hope we don't get raped to hard? ???

of course not... but if you tell a policeman "i'm gona go home and get a rifle and then I'm gonna show you who's boss!", you can't act surprised when this cop pulls out his own rifle and calls 10 police buddies to back him up.

When enough idiots scream "we need revolution, we need to riot, let's take it to the streets", then govt officials are justified to spend the $ we don't have on fun toys like this.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 01:34:32 PM »
Maybe he intends to gift 800 of them to President Morsi? ...and a few will go to Libya's new regime, ...and the rest will be in safe-keeping for whichever 'rebel' leader emerges victorious in Syria.

What I'd like to know is, ...are American troops fighting abroad equipped with these state-of-the-art MRAPs?
w

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 03:08:18 PM »
of course not... but if you tell a policeman "i'm gona go home and get a rifle and then I'm gonna show you who's boss!", you can't act surprised when this cop pulls out his own rifle and calls 10 police buddies to back him up.

When enough idiots scream "we need revolution, we need to riot, let's take it to the streets", then govt officials are justified to spend the $ we don't have on fun toys like this.

It has more to do with prepping for the massive civil unrest that will result when the economy implodes, rather than being a response to a few people spouting off about starting some sort of revolution.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 03:38:06 PM »
The cash registers are ringing off the hook with stuff like this.

This.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »
I thought I read somewhere that they were retrofitting ones that were purchased/used for the Iraq/Afghan war... so this may actually just be them attempting to be practical with their investments, rather than just mothballing them or using them for target practice.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 05:11:33 PM »
It has more to do with prepping for the massive civil unrest that will result when the economy implodes, rather than being a response to a few people spouting off about starting some sort of revolution.

there's a good chance the same armchair cowboys screaming about revolution will be a lot more likely to be the ones on the street, than those who aren't buying 10,000 bullets and telling everyone they know about it.

And there will never be a 'collapse'... it'll be a gradual decline in standard of living... lobster boiling alive and enjoying the bubble bath...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 06:31:33 PM »
I thought I read somewhere that they were retrofitting ones that were purchased/used for the Iraq/Afghan war... so this may actually just be them attempting to be practical with their investments, rather than just mothballing them or using them for target practice.

how dare you offer a rational explanation

don't you know this board is all about getting hysterical and running off the deep end before waiting for any actual facts

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 09:36:48 PM »

don't you know this board is all about getting hysterical and running off the deep end before waiting for any actual facts

Shhhh.... he's so vain. He'll prolly think your post is about him.  ;D
w

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 12:35:10 AM »
they're coming to get you  :D :D :D :D be afraid very afraid  :D

Unless you are borderline retarded - then yes they are coming to get you.  They aren't coming to get anyone else.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 03:15:35 PM »
there's a good chance the same armchair cowboys screaming about revolution will be a lot more likely to be the ones on the street, than those who aren't buying 10,000 bullets and telling everyone they know about it.

And there will never be a 'collapse'... it'll be a gradual decline in standard of living... lobster boiling alive and enjoying the bubble bath...

I don't foresee it being too gradual.  There are and will be signs of what is to come, but when things start to fail, they will do so swiftly.