Author Topic: Nike isn't "cool" anymore?  (Read 5688 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Nike isn't "cool" anymore?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 01:14:22 PM »
http://deadspin.com/5988378/leaked-memo-how-texas-tech-could-craft-the-image-of-its-new-coach-and-become-the-hippest-school-in-the-game

:D
Well it seems that all Nike does now is produce "re-issues" of their older better designs like Haurache and various Air Jordans. They have the Nike Shox, but the designs have stagnated. And Gen Y---well they are not innovative, all they seem to do is regurgitate the 80s-90s....

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 01:32:24 PM »
From what I understand, they got out of the surf industry as well.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 02:30:41 PM »
Well it seems that all Nike does now is produce "re-issues" of their older better designs like Haurache and various Air Jordans. They have the Nike Shox, but the designs have stagnated. And Gen Y---well they are not innovative, all they seem to do is regurgitate the 80s-90s....
Humm. You're right. Most of their stuff seem to be rehash. And the new designs, I.e. Jordan's, lebrons. are just butt ugly. Well, at least I still got new balance, they has never been cool so I don't have to worried about them being a fad.  ;D
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 02:37:24 PM »
Humm. You're right. Most of their stuff seem to be rehash. And the new designs, I.e. Jordan's, lebrons. are just butt ugly. Well, at least I still got new balance, they has never been cool so I don't have to worried about them being a fad.  ;D
I'm not sure of the stats, but for years, New Balance sold the most shoes in the DC area. That was New Balance Central---mostly the 574s in Blue or Grey.
The best selling Nikes I believe are Air Force 1's in all white.
And I think the best selling Reeboks are the Classics and Court C's---both in all white.

Nike does all these re-issues of shoes that I had in college and charges a ton for different color ways.
Makes no sense to me.

And their Free line is probably the most innovative---yet it's the least complicated. No air bubbles, no "Shox" columns, just some grooved rubber.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
I'm not sure of the stats, but for years, New Balance sold the most shoes in the DC area. That was New Balance Central---mostly the 574s in Blue or Grey.
And I think the best selling Reeboks are the Classics and Court C's---both in all white.

Nike does all these re-issues of shoes that I had in college and charges a ton for different color ways.
Makes no sense to me.

And their Free line is probably the most innovative---yet it's the least complicated. No air bubbles, no "Shox" columns, just some grooved rubber.
all white air force 1's are so 90's tho.
I like new balance for running because you can go to their store and they measure your feet. I'm flat footed, ,my feet used to hurt when i ran. not anymore.

Always A Fresh Pair of White on Whites

There was a time when everyone who was anyone had a closet full of white-on-white Forces. Then Baron Davis signed with Reebok, Dame Dash bought PRO-Keds, and the world moved on. Well, most of the world anyway. There's no denying that the classic white-on-whites go good with anything, and they remain a summer staple, but damn man, try something else for once. Diddy won't mind.
A

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 08:53:42 PM »
Golfer Rory Mcilroy just embarrassed Nike this past weekend. He has everyone believing Nike's golf clubs suck.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 09:12:46 PM »

Makes no sense to me.

Nike has no choice but to do reissues.  No one is buying a Kobe or LB23 shoe for 175.  i might buy a jordan special addition. other than that, i only buy new balance and dr scholls.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 09:17:47 PM »
Nike has no choice but to do reissues.  No one is buying a Kobe or LB23 shoe for 175.  i might buy a jordan special addition. other than that, i only buy new balance and dr scholls.
the only reissues i buy are jordan 3's. i just bought the joker and crimson colorways. but why live in the past.
A

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 10:11:35 PM »

Nonsense.  Kobe's shoes have been dope for the last 6 years or so.  I have about 10 pairs.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 11:31:30 PM »
Nonsense.  Kobe's shoes have been dope for the last 6 years or so.  I have about 10 pairs.
if dope means ugly as sin
A

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 11:48:09 PM »

I hope your arches fall.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 01:34:53 AM »
I hope your arches fall.

I hope your vagina falls off.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 01:38:31 AM »
if dope means ugly as sin

Get your eyes checked.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 01:40:56 AM »
Two or three times a year, I buy shoes that are $49, and often on sale.

That being said, I'd probably still prefer to buy an Air Jordan over a Wade or Lebron, etc... I just identify with that era growing up, saving my $ for a sweet Bulls windbreaker.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 01:48:07 AM »
I'm a huge fan of sneaks.  Usually pick up a pair a month.  Mostly for casual wear or gym/cross-train.  IMO, New Balance and Adidas are where it's at, both for looks/style and function.  Saying that, I still pick up the odd pair of Nike, but mostly retro styles.  Nike has lost the edge over the last decade or so, particularly for the white demographic.  Not sure about the blacks (i.e basketball); Nike+black=white on rice, historically speaking.  

New Balance has been (re)producing PF (Performance Foundation) shoes for the last 10 years or so, and they are excellent shoes for looks, quality and comfort.  

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 02:02:14 AM »
Gayer than gucci print air force one's with rainbow laces.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 02:07:26 AM »
Nobody says "Hip" anymore so the writer of that story is obviously a lame fucking geek.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 08:13:28 AM »
Get your eyes checked.

Get your head checked. These are the new 8's
A

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 03:32:53 PM »
Get your head checked. These are the new 8's

I favor the 5's and the 7's over the 8's however, there are several colorways that you can get and if you want you can create your own color with Nike id.  The 8 is a great shoe. 

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 03:34:03 PM »
I favor the 5's and the 7's over the 8's however, there are several colorways that you can get and if you want you can create your own color with Nike id.  The 8 is a great shoe. 
BS. wears too easy for a bball shoe and is ugly as fuck.
A

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 12:48:00 AM »
BS. wears too easy for a bball shoe and is ugly as fuck.

How dare you sir!  

I'll take you on the court for a game of one on one.  The advanced technology of the Kobe 8 will allow me to attack the rim at a high rate of speed jeopardizing the integrity of your ankle joint.  I will then unleash upon you a shit hurricane of post moves and fade aways so lethal that the score will be 21-0.  You will lament the purchase of whatever wack-ass, bitchmade shoe that you selected.  Following my decisive victory an army of Victoria's Secret models will rush the court to perform oral sex on me.  Disgraced, you will proceed to your local Foot Locker and purchase 2 to 4 pairs of Kobe 8's.

You're Welcome

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 07:35:00 AM »

my jordan flight 1's. bought them at christmas. nice looking

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 08:00:16 AM »
Why are adult men wearing what appear to be brightly colored clown shoes?
A

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 08:32:36 AM »
nike are nice looking but man, they dont last long. Prolly on purpose. This pair i bought 6 months ago is already shattering into pieces from all angles and i only wore them 2 days a week max.