Author Topic: For those questioning whether pros do or do not post here, please read..  (Read 14310 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Rob made a good post in Melvin Goodrum's Arnold thread and I wanted to expand on that topic separately...

pros still read getbig on a daily basis.  

Many of them aren't posting here as a condition of their employment.  Companies either want to keep that person's fans coming to their forum to interact with him/her.... Or they don't want their employee embarassing themselves with illiteracy, political, racist, or otherwise not-good posts.  In the world of 2004, there were pros dropping some seriously rough stuff.  Today, that stuff would be spread all over social media in 5 minutes.

Exactly.

A large amount of IFBB pros come here to read up on "real" industry gossip. They also come here very often and drop easter eggs by way of information that they pass along to certain members so that they (the members) can disseminate the gossip on the forum.

Sadly, like 240 said, most of them are now under contract with Muscular Development or some of the other outfits and are unable to post here as part of their contractual agreement. For instance, why would an IFBB pro openly post here when the people at MD have guaranteed 50K in their pocket, along with generous exposure in their magazine, with the condition that they stay away from certain forums and not provide interviews with other media outfits?

It just makes sense. These guys do, often times, have families to feed. Not all of these guys are in the Olympia top 5 and so their actual income has to be supplemented with a real "job". So, in turn, they sign up with a few companies at a time and make the best of what their physique can still offer.

Phil Heath reads this forum daily. Many of us have known that over the years and he has stated it before.

This is the real bodybuilding thunderdome. People come here to laugh, get amazed and simultaneously get astonished by some of the harsh realities of the sport. Not to mention, that besides actual bodybuilding content, this forum is quite possibly one of the funniest forums on the internet.

If you were to take every single bodybuilding magazine out there (Flex, MD, Men's Health, Muscle & Fitness, Ironman etc..) and combine them with all of the major bodybuilding forums, only then would you have anything that slightly resembles GetBig.....and even that would fall short of the magic and mystery that this place brings.

"1"

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
Do you receive any PMs from pros or suspected pros, OMR?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Do you receive any PMs from pros or suspected pros, OMR?

All the time.

Some pros send me private messages in order to spread some information regarding the industry, other pros send me private messages asking me to not mention certain "things" I have witnessed before and yet others, send me messages asking for a sponsor.

"1"

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
All the time.

Some pros send me private messages in order to spread some information regarding the industry, other pros send me private messages asking me to not mention certain "things" I have witnessed before and yet others, send me messages asking for a sponsor.

"1"

Do they ever mention The Mighty Groink, or Sevastase ?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
Pros likely contact OMR asking if Groink is natural or not.

240 used to induce meltdowns of Kamali here on a weekly basis, he was a meltdown artiste.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Do they ever mention The Mighty Groink, or Sevastase ?

No.

They stick to stuff relating to the industry, money or how certain people have burned them (i.e. Palumbo's name gets thrown around very often).

The only time any of them mention a member is when a forum member decides to get a hardon for the pro and makes it their sole mission to tarnish their name, by way of false rumors or masturbation videos etc..

"1"

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
i would be a celebrity at the arnold or olympia expo  8)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
No.

They stick to stuff relating to the industry, money or how certain people have burned them (i.e. Palumbo's name gets thrown around very often).

The only time any of them mention a member is when a forum member decides to get a hardon for the pro and makes it their sole mission to tarnish their name, by way of false rumors or masturbation videos etc..

"1"

Well that's a letdown   ;D

Nomad

• Getbig IV
So thats why Phil Heath takes the time to pick out good looking suits that actually fit him  :D
all drugs - TPPIIP

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
some pro females are always IM'ing me to drop their panties.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
some pro females are always IM'ing me to drop their panties.

too old for you?  :D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
but what about retired pros?

shawn ray?

A few retired pros still drop gems on occasion. You know who my favorite retired pro is and he and I still chat every couple of weeks.

I have not heard from Shawn Ray in a long time. He is one of the few guys that probably still posts, but under a well-disguised gimmick.

"1"

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
I'm sure there are Pros here still posting under various names

MikMaq

So thats why Phil Heath takes the time to pick out good looking suits that actually fit him  :D
Lol poor bastard must really hate his life.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
No.

I am going to have to call bullshit on this one. Groink can second me.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
i hope craig titus will post here again when this nightmare is over.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
I am going to have to call bullshit on this one. Groink can second me.

Whether or not they know who you are is one thing, but unless you make it your life's purpose to stalk any one particular pro, they typically could care less.

Rob (240) is one of the few guys that received serious threats from Kamali (threats that had no real leg to stand on by way of actual laws).

Think about it, anyone can come on here and critique a pro's physique. Whether or not they care depends on how influential your posts become to the judges' overall opinion. If you do enough to negatively influence the judging panel, they will complain.

Another thing that gets us in hot water is when a member decides to talk trash about the big people behind the scenes (i.e. the guys that run AMI or the IFBB overall). Those are the guys that make the coveted press pass available to our founding father. When you fuck around with those guys, you are directly putting Ron in a bad place.

"1"

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Rob made a good post in Melvin Goodrum's Arnold thread and I wanted to expand on that topic separately...

Exactly.

A large amount of IFBB pros come here to read up on "real" industry gossip. They also come here very often and drop easter eggs by way of information that they pass along to certain members so that they (the members) can disseminate the gossip on the forum.

Sadly, like 240 said, most of them are now under contract with Muscular Development or some of the other outfits and are unable to post here as part of their contractual agreement. For instance, why would an IFBB pro openly post here when the people at MD have guaranteed 50K in their pocket, along with generous exposure in their magazine, with the condition that they stay away from certain forums and not provide interviews with other media outfits?

It just makes sense. These guys do, often times, have families to feed. Not all of these guys are in the Olympia top 5 and so their actual income has to be supplemented with a real "job". So, in turn, they sign up with a few companies at a time and make the best of what their physique can still offer.

Phil Heath reads this forum daily. Many of us have known that over the years and he has stated it before.

This is the real bodybuilding thunderdome. People come here to laugh, get amazed and simultaneously get astonished by some of the harsh realities of the sport. Not to mention, that besides actual bodybuilding content, this forum is quite possibly one of the funniest forums on the internet.

If you were to take every single bodybuilding magazine out there (Flex, MD, Men's Health, Muscle & Fitness, Ironman etc..) and combine them with all of the major bodybuilding forums, only then would you have anything that slightly resembles GetBig.....and even that would fall short of the magic and mystery that this place brings.

"1"
how and why are you so in the know about it all?  just curious.  Is it a gay thing?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Another thing that gets us in hot water is when a member decides to talk trash about the big people behind the scenes (i.e. the guys that run AMI or the IFBB overall). Those are the guys that make the coveted press pass available to our founding father. When you fuck around with those guys, you are directly putting Ron in a bad place.
"1"

"Where's my pass?"

"Sorry, we're a little perturbed with El Diablo Blanco at the moment".......

Seriously?
Y

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
Lol poor bastard must really hate his life.

Yes I'm sure a bodybuilder hates being crowned the best BBer in  the world and making a million bucks a year off of it...poor guy

here's a very simple equation that is 100% true for those of us who actually inhabit the real world of having things and trying to make a good living.

sleeping until 9:30 am and then going to the gym when you feel like it is your job, and making a million a year in the process = nirvana

what's another thing he must "hate"....oh yeah....signing autographs at store openings and have people kiss his ass

or charging 5000 to sit in a chair and talk about himself for an hour

it must be a living hell  ::)

i would do it in a heartbeat

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
Whether or not they know who you are is one thing, but unless you make it your life's purpose to stalk any one particular pro, they typically could care less.

Rob (240) is one of the few guys that received serious threats from Kamali (threats that had no real leg to stand on by way of actual laws).

Think about it, anyone can come on here and critique a pro's physique. Whether or not they care depends on how influential your posts become to the judges' overall opinion. If you do enough to negatively influence the judging panel, they will complain.

"1"

In other words, if you call those fat, fucking, thieving, Manions, a pair of fat, fucking, thieving, Manions....Orange Chicken doesn't get his press pass!   ::)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
how and why are you so in the know about it all?  just curious.  Is it a gay thing?

A few things..

Being a moderator here helps out. Often times, pros and npc competitors alike will send the moderators requests and we try to help out as best as possible.

Another thing is that I was one of Victor Martinez's training partners throughout the late 90's and up to around 2005. Through him, I met Jason Arntz, Kamali, Kai Greene, Oscar Arden, Victor Munoz, Rob Lopez, Desmond Miller, Palumbo and a few other local NYC IFBB pros. I worked out of his gym (Victor's Gym) up until it's closing and then relocated to Steel Gym on 23rd street.

At Steel Gym, you have some of the biggest names in the NPC training for upcoming nationals and also looking for exposure on the scene. Be it my home gym, I meet and spend time with many IFBB & NPC guys and they are very much in the know.

Back in circa of 2003, I was the one guy that offerred to beat the living shit out of Craig Titus back in Chad Nicholl's MuscleMayhem site (some of you remember me as NYCman). Well, a shitload of pros that posted on Chad's site, contacted me asking me to PLEASE embarrass Craig and many even went as far as to offer me money to do the deed. Anyhow, the moment arrived, Craig showed up to Victor's gym and then in front of 2 fellow IFBB pros (Victor & Jason), along with 4 national NPC guys, he backed down and pretended he was just "Kidding" around. For a while the reputation as the guy who made Craig looked like a pussy followed me around (I didn't care much for that) and it would prompt random IFBB guys to send me private messages at MuscleMayhem. Some of those same pros are still good friends.

Lastly, the gay thing does help. For close to a decade now, I have been well involved with the bodybuilding sponsorship network. We help to promote and fund upcoming (national level) NPC competitors. Through that network, I have met many of the guys that are now thriving as IFBB pros.

"1"

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
^^^

good shit.  Didn't know you were so tight with a lot of these guys.  Does Vic ever post here?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
^^^
good shit.  Didn't know you were so tight with a lot of these guys.  Does Vic ever post here?

Yes, he does post here, but not too often. That guy is too busy trying to regain his top 3 form and wants that more than anything else at the moment.

His screen name has always been a dead giveaway. That said, one of his best friends often posts here and he is one of the guys (myself included) that will always defend Victor when someone speaks of him in bad light.

"1"

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
I think a lot of Pros do look at some posts on here. Getbig is well known.