Author Topic: i think oral steroids have alot to do with todays big guts  (Read 4224 times)

galeniko

• Getbig V
i think oral steroids have alot to do with todays big guts
« on: March 05, 2013, 11:59:30 AM »
g
n

BFG

• Getbig III
Re: i think oral steroids have alot to do with todays big guts
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:13:29 PM »
its visceral fat buildup from insulin and carb loading causing bloating and distention.

sure, oral steroids can cause indigestion and bloating in high doses but its primarily from taking copious amounts of slin for extended periods of time and then eating 1,000g carbs before stepping on stage.

regarding kai greene and other pros who bring their gut in: less slin, different slin protocols, not carbing up with as much slin, not carbing up with as much carbs in a short period of time, etc.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 12:17:56 PM »
In the 60's most bodybuilders used orals and not injectables. They used dianabol, winstrol, anavar, nelivar, anadrol 50 and few others. Injectables like deca wasn't that big because very few wanted to inject. It was associated with drug users. Popping a pill didn't carry that association. No one had a big stomach. Growth hormone barely existed in the 80's because it was taken from cadavers and aids put a stop to anyone who had the crazy cash needed to buy it. When steroids became a schedule drug and a felony no one knows what is truly in the stuff they buy. A lot of it is made from sourced materials from China. So much garbage in buying this crap.

I think it's the growth hormone, insulin and who knows what's really in the vials and pills out there. They are not being made by American  pharmaceutical companies anymore. It's really easy with home computers to make realistic looking labels. Apparently it's really bad stuff judging by how bloated the pros look today. Sure they are big but they are also soft and inflated.

Train without this garbage. Why risk health to look buff in the club? You are not making a living in a speedo.  You can look decent using nothing but you won't place in any contest held in a high school.  

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 12:19:44 PM »
its visceral fat buildup from insulin and carb loading causing bloating and distention.

sure, oral steroids can cause indigestion and bloating in high doses but its primarily from taking copious amounts of slin for extended periods of time and then eating 1,000g carbs before stepping on stage.

regarding kai greene and other pros who bring their gut in: less slin, different slin protocols, not carbing up with as much slin, not carbing up with as much carbs in a short period of time, etc.

Could it be both visceral fat and organ enlargement from growth hormone? Growth hormone doesn't just make muscles bigger but bones that still have an active growth plate and organs.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 12:21:47 PM »
Tony Atlas has stated that in the 70s and 80s, guys would take handfuls of orals a day. Without counting them etc. He estimated 100s of pills a day.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 12:24:43 PM »
I don't believe that. If you took something like 5 Androl 50 daily your liver would fail quick. Stuff like anavar that was mild some guys would use more. I am completely against steroid use.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 12:26:04 PM »
Tony Atlas has stated that in the 70s and 80s, guys would take handfuls of orals a day. Without counting them etc. He estimated 100s of pills a day.

The wrastler?

jodsy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 12:26:20 PM »
i think the insulin and gh reasoning is overated.
you dont get to think until your "big" sugar tits

ukjeff

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 12:44:48 PM »
yes, high dosages of orals will extend the gut, anyone who did plenty orals will be familiar with the feeling.

add eating alot and the carb up to that and there will be a gut.

keep in mind , before you say the old athletes didnt have guts, that firstly they been smaller, and secondly , there was no internet and fast paced media outlests, youd only see them in contest shape sucking gut in.

another point is, kai greene has made his gut go away at the last olympia, surely he didnt decrease gh and slin intake, as his mass remained the same, just flatter, an indication for less food.
back in the 70s they took mostly orals and didnt have guts, go figure

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 01:11:12 PM »
what was said above.  Everyone used massive amounts of orals in the 1960s.  protruding stomaches didn't show up until the early 90s, just as insulin started being used with gh.

the combination of growth hormone and insuline causes the body to store fat in the omentum.  the omentum is the "fat-netting" around the other internal organs.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 01:34:19 PM »
  ttt   great thread

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 02:01:22 PM »
I believe it has to due with insulin use, the exact mechanism is debatable, but I think it has something to do with resistance to insulin which causes the distension.  You can see this occur in older males, I see a lot of them in the gym who are ripped to shreds, super lean, veins popping out, cuts in the arms and chest, but with a massive gut.  These guys aren't heavy abusers and probably never touched insulin in their life (just older male gym rat types who juice but don't touch the heavy shit) and have massive pregnant sized guts.

It's been a while since I really cared to bother looking into this stuff, but I think there's a connection in the same mechanism.  As the bb'r uses more and more insulin you become more and more resistant  to it and the liver slows down natural production causing more storage of fat deposits in the abdomen.  There could be other issues such as IGF production (from GH use) that causes as well, or some synergistic effect of the slin and GH together, but I think it's more of a slin issue as GH production slows down rapidly in men as they age and I still see massive guts on older guys.

Of course I could be totally wrong, but I think there's some correlation there, just not sure what the exact cause is.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 02:13:44 PM »
I believe it has to due with insulin use, the exact mechanism is debatable, but I think it has something to do with resistance to insulin which causes the distension.  You can see this occur in older males, I see a lot of them in the gym who are ripped to shreds, super lean, veins popping out, cuts in the arms and chest, but with a massive gut.  These guys aren't heavy abusers and probably never touched insulin in their life (just older male gym rat types who juice but don't touch the heavy shit) and have massive pregnant sized guts....

I think so too. Central obesity was always the hallmark of insulin resistance. You see it in people with chronic high levels of cortisol also. Visceral fat leading to big bellies, but thin legs and arms.

NN

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 02:28:49 PM »
If it were orals, then everyone from the 70s, 80s, and 90s would have the gut look too.  That didn't come about until people started fucking around with high doses of insulin.

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 02:36:46 PM »
I don't believe that. If you took something like 5 Androl 50 daily your liver would fail quick. Stuff like anavar that was mild some guys would use more. I am completely against steroid use.

And how can you prove that anyone in particular is going to get liver failure from anything? Some people can just handle a lot of shit.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 02:39:43 PM »
if a guy is 280 290 300 or more, hes going to have a gut

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 04:56:52 PM »
if a guy is 280 290 300 or more, hes going to have a gut

Depends on how tall they are.  Plus, I've seen quite a few guys walking around at 5'10", 220 with a gut.  Too many factors to say that really.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 04:58:11 PM »

No it wouldn't. You need to read the medical recommended dose for an adult.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 05:01:19 PM »
The King of Orals. Bottle of Dianabol a day for 6 weeks straight.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 05:04:11 PM »
Depends on how tall they are.  Plus, I've seen quite a few guys walking around at 5'10", 220 with a gut.  Too many factors to say that really.

I'm 5'10. At my heaviest I'm 220, and the belly definitely distends a bit, and I've never touched slin nor will I EVER. At 200lbs however my midsection is Bob Paris'esque. Some guys just carry the weight differently. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 05:04:23 PM »
yes, high dosages of orals will extend the gut, anyone who did plenty orals will be familiar with the feeling.

add eating alot and the carb up to that and there will be a gut.

keep in mind , before you say the old athletes didnt have guts, that firstly they been smaller, and secondly , there was no internet and fast paced media outlests, youd only see them in contest shape sucking gut in.

another point is, kai greene has made his gut go away at the last olympia, surely he didnt decrease gh and slin intake, as his mass remained the same, just flatter, an indication for less food.
moron
!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 05:19:55 PM »
big bellies, but thin legs and arms.

Palumboism?

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 05:27:12 PM »
In the 60's most bodybuilders used orals and not injectables. They used dianabol, winstrol, anavar, nelivar, anadrol 50 and few others. Injectables like deca wasn't that big because very few wanted to inject. It was associated with drug users. Popping a pill didn't carry that association. No one had a big stomach. Growth hormone barely existed in the 80's because it was taken from cadavers and aids put a stop to anyone who had the crazy cash needed to buy it. When steroids became a schedule drug and a felony no one knows what is truly in the stuff they buy. A lot of it is made from sourced materials from China. So much garbage in buying this crap.

I think it's the growth hormone, insulin and who knows what's really in the vials and pills out there. They are not being made by American  pharmaceutical companies anymore. It's really easy with home computers to make realistic looking labels. Apparently it's really bad stuff judging by how bloated the pros look today. Sure they are big but they are also soft and inflated.

Train without this garbage. Why risk health to look buff in the club? You are not making a living in a speedo.  You can look decent using nothing but you won't place in any contest held in a high school.  

this

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 05:28:20 PM »
I've heard opinions like congested heart failure, less heart health = bigger waistline, and too much protein in one sitting(this one's from a famous guru). I believe all 3 contributes to it. plus, the ones following low carb approach seem to be suffering the most from it.