Author Topic: i think oral steroids have alot to do with todays big guts  (Read 4231 times)

EH

• Getbig III
Re: i think oral steroids have alot to do with todays big guts
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 05:32:38 PM »
yes, high dosages of orals will extend the gut, anyone who did plenty orals will be familiar with the feeling.

add eating alot and the carb up to that and there will be a gut.

i think the insulin and gh reasoning is overated.

keep in mind , before you say the old athletes didnt have guts, that firstly they been smaller, and secondly , there was no internet and fast paced media outlests, youd only see them in contest shape sucking gut in.

another point is, kai greene has made his gut go away at the last olympia, surely he didnt decrease gh and slin intake, as his mass remained the same, just flatter, an indication for less food.

eh..... what's your reasoning behind this "idea" of yours? how exactly to you think oral steroids give you a big gut?

it's possible they'll enlarge your liver and cause distended gut, but i doubt you thought of that. (plus, that distended gut would only be noticeable in skinny guys.. and enlarged liver wouldnt be that noticeable on a 230lb+ bber.)

INSULIN doesn't 100% cause a distended gut either. I for one, used stupid amounts of insuiln (search me, "InsulinShock" on all the boards dating back to '98), and my gut never got distended... i used it with and without AAS.

the belly is from FOOD.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 05:34:44 PM »
Yes I think it's mostly just from eating so much coupled with not expending very many calories (the "cardio" these guys do is a joke).

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 06:13:24 PM »
Old timer... I can tell ya from talking o quite a few competitors inherent 70 80 s range that taking 5 a50 a day will not make your liver fail.. Why? Cause some did it for Long periods of time.. Dbol by the handful ect.. And they are still alive and kickin..

hardgainerj

• Getbig V

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 12:13:08 AM »
Gent's pro body bears a taking something else what stimulates all muscles to grow (including Abs) & is better not to named it.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 12:49:15 AM »
I somewhat agree with this.. I hate orals and when I do use them in the offseason I become soooooo distended and I can't breath comfortably. I bloat very bad from them, even more than insulin.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 12:56:12 AM »
I somewhat agree with this.. I hate orals and when I do use them in the offseason I become soooooo distended and I can't breath comfortably. I bloat very bad from them, even more than insulin.

that's not quite the same thing.  the topic is the big guts you see in competition, where they have no fat under their skin, very little intra muscular fat, but huge stomachs.  that is fat stored in the omentum, and that is due to gh and insulin.

what you're describing is more likely water weight from the orals.  take an estrogen blocker

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 05:45:17 AM »
I have a friend who is all about tren, gh and slin (he is diabetic) and he has a distended turtle ripped gut. No orals for that fella.

ukjeff

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 06:00:25 AM »
I hate orals and when I do use them in the offseason I become soooooo distended and I can't breath comfortably. I bloat very bad from them, even more than insulin.
Change your supplier.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 12:51:44 PM »
eh..... what's your reasoning behind this "idea" of yours? how exactly to you think oral steroids give you a big gut?

it's possible they'll enlarge your liver and cause distended gut, but i doubt you thought of that. (plus, that distended gut would only be noticeable in skinny guys.. and enlarged liver wouldnt be that noticeable on a 230lb+ bber.)

INSULIN doesn't 100% cause a distended gut either. I for one, used stupid amounts of insuiln (search me, "InsulinShock" on all the boards dating back to '98), and my gut never got distended... i used it with and without AAS.

the belly is from FOOD.

Nothing for nothing but a lot of guys who have the GH/Slin gut don't believe they have one. Some kind of delusion. Victor Richards ate more food than 99% of all bodybuilders in the 80's and he didn't really have the belly until he started using large amounts of GH/Slin in the 90's.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 01:03:07 PM »
I remember seeing diabetic bodybuilder Tim Belknap in the 80s guest posing and people were commenting back then about him looking like he had a gut in clothes. Belly came out further than his chest. Then posing onstage, it looked fine but slightly noticeable. But he for sure had what was the beginnings of what all the guys have today.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 03:56:34 PM »
I remember seeing diabetic bodybuilder Tim Belknap in the 80s guest posing and people were commenting back then about him looking like he had a gut in clothes. Belly came out further than his chest. Then posing onstage, it looked fine but slightly noticeable. But he for sure had what was the beginnings of what all the guys have today.
Insulin abuse?
A