Author Topic: Police to citizens nationwide - "You are on your own"  (Read 3318 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Police to citizens nationwide - "You are on your own"
« on: March 06, 2013, 07:13:24 AM »

Purge_WTF

Re: Police to citizens nationwide - "You are on your own"
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 07:21:18 AM »
I bet the militia isn't looking as bad as it was to some folks now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 07:23:50 AM »

Think these officers saying "you're on your own" is strange? The fact is, police have zero obligation to protect you. The District of Columbia Appeals Court ruled in Warren v. District of Columbia that police do not have to provide services to citizens.

The most dramatic is Warren v. District of Columbia, in which three women were sexually violated because of gross negligence on the part of Metropolitan police officers responding to their call. In the early morning hours of March 16, 1975, two men broke down the back door of a D.C. townhouse in Northeast and began raping a woman on the second floor. Her two roommates, hiding one floor above, called the police. According to the court’s opinion, a squad car responded, and the officer failed even to exit his car before leaving. The two women, listening to their roommate scream, called the police again. This time, an officer went so far as to knock at the door, but then left without further inspection.

Once the attackers discovered the other two women, they had their sick, twisted way with all three of them for the next 14 hours (I will not describe any of the details). The women sued the District of Columbia, which argued that “a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen.” The District won the case based on what is actually a long-standing legal principle.

The Supreme Court has also ruled police have no obligation to protect or respond.

The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

The decision, with an opinion by Justice Antonin Scalia and dissents from Justices John Paul Stevens and Ruth Bader Ginsburg, overturned a ruling by a federal appeals court in Colorado. The appeals court had permitted a lawsuit to proceed against a Colorado town, Castle Rock, for the failure of the police to respond to a woman's pleas for help after her estranged husband violated a protective order by kidnapping their three young daughters, whom he eventually killed.

Luckily, as demonstrated in the video by Milwaukee County Sheriff David J. Clarke Jr. in the video, sheriffs across the country actually promote law abiding citizens arming themselves for protection because after all, people are on their own whether it's because police can't get there fast enough or choose not to respond at all.

"Fifty-nine minutes on average to respond to a sexual assault."

Editor's note: A previous version of this post stated Warren v. District of Columbia was ruled on by the Supreme Court. This is incorrect. The case only made it to the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 08:01:04 AM »
Did anyone actually think that between the time someone calls 911 and the police arrive they had a supernatural guardian angel to intervene? Why would it be such a revelation now to learn "you're on your own?" Not following..

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 08:45:57 AM »
What kind of dumb shit is this?

Police can't teleport to your fucking house. Is this news to anyone?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 08:47:01 AM »
What kind of dumb shit is this?

Police can't teleport to your fucking house. Is this news to anyone?

Listen to the advice some of the cops give out to people. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 09:37:16 AM »
Another whiny ass thread backfire.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 10:16:23 AM »
It has to do with the idea that guns are somehow no longer required for self-defense.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 11:21:12 AM »
As far as I am concerned the time period between when 911 is called and when the police actually arrive on the scene what I consider to be the most crucial of an emergency.  It gives me time to get my story straight and to act overly traumatized. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 11:26:20 AM »
As far as I am concerned the time period between when 911 is called and when the police actually arrive on the scene what I consider to be the most crucial of an emergency.  It gives me time to get my story straight and to act overly traumatized. 

;)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 11:54:48 AM »

;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 12:05:34 PM »
Did anyone actually think that between the time someone calls 911 and the police arrive they had a supernatural guardian angel to intervene? Why would it be such a revelation now to learn "you're on your own?" Not following..

To serve and protect?
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 12:14:18 PM »
To serve and protect?
Serve and protect the peace

if by doing so they happen to protect you then yay, if not then shafts ale care of your damn self

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 12:15:56 PM »

Then why are Police Chiefs across the country trying to tell our citizens that they don't need guns?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 12:17:46 PM »
Another whiny ass thread backfire.

more from the stupid party  :D :D :D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 12:48:37 PM »
Then why are Police Chiefs across the country trying to tell our citizens that they don't need guns?
They subscribe to the delusional theory that all you need is an alarm and your bare hands or at most a golf club

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 01:06:46 PM »
hahahaha i'm surprised you guys can even go outside on your own

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 01:09:33 PM »
hahahaha i'm surprised you guys can even go outside on your own

So because people believe that they should have the option of protecting themselves, that means we're all afraid?

We're not the people who are so afraid that we feel that the government should run our lives... We are quite capable of doing it on our own.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 01:15:31 PM »
oh,oh what do i do till the police get here, i better think happy thoughts  :D :D :D :D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »
oh,oh what do i do till the police get here, i better think happy thoughts  :D :D :D :D

That's pretty much all you'll have the opportunity to do.

The rest of us will be waiting for them with our smoking guns.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 01:23:15 PM »
avergae police reponse time is 11 minutes, right?

Sorry, people are ALREADY on their own for just about any confrontation that doesn't involve a 12 minute gun battle lol.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 01:53:58 PM »
That's pretty much all you'll have the opportunity to do.

The rest of us will be waiting for them with our smoking guns.
Don't you worry about blacken he has an alarm and his bare hands shoot if he is a golfer he will have a sand wedge with the shaft wrapped in black E tape so he doesn't give away his position in the dark.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 02:30:39 PM »

Can't speak for them but our Police Chief was on the local KLBJ radio just last week saying he has no intentions of taking peoples guns and he supports the 2nd amendment   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 02:31:26 PM »
Can't speak for them but our Police Chief was on the local KLBJ radio just last week saying he has no intentions of taking peoples guns and he supports the 2nd amendment   

That's a very nice Chief you have there... He is in the minority of Police Chiefs around the country who have made statements.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 02:33:52 PM »
avergae police reponse time is 11 minutes, right?

Sorry, people are ALREADY on their own for just about any confrontation that doesn't involve a 12 minute gun battle lol.

Average for which priority? Our department breaks down calls into 5 priorities. Hot Shot calls get dispatched immediately and response times are around 2 minutes at code 3. Priority 1's get dispatched right away but no lights and siren. 4 minutes. 2's 3's and 4's are things like old burglaries, car crashes with no injuries not blocking and responses are much slower...   so I guess if you averaged it out... you get 11, but it doesn't paint a real picture. I'm sure cities vary with their response codes and times.