Author Topic: What was the GB thread that made you stay?  (Read 5078 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: What was the GB thread that made you stay?
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 11:10:10 AM »
I started as a defender of the Religion of Peace on one of the boards 'down there', don't think there was a religious board then. I owned a member known as 'Royalty' who was trying to spread some flasehoods about the Religion of Peace. Thereafter i would participate on the training board with my own questions and answering other people's questions that i clearly wasn't qualified to. I've stuck around over the years, and have battled with the likes of Squadfather, Kiwiol, pumpster, and others. I once started a petition to get 'pumpster' banned from the forum...i then found out first hand that Ron disn't give two fucks about the affairs on the board even when mods overstep their authority ;D As fate would have it pumpster was run off the board when someone found his pics and exposed him, lol.

I've witnessed a lot: the great arvilla thread in the pic forum, Mowers ridicule, king kamali meltdowns, Adonis vs DA, 'The Squad', the getbig radio show, several people run off the board including suckmymuscle's brutal ownage, and many more!
follow the arrows

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 11:12:01 AM »
I started as a defender of the Religion of Peace on one of the boards 'down there', don't think there was a religious board then. I owned a member known as 'Royalty' who was trying to spread some flasehoods about the Religion of Peace. Thereafter i would participate on the training board with my own questions and answering other people's questions that i clearly wasn't qualified to. I've stuck around over the years, and have battled with the likes of Squadfather, Kiwiol, and others. I once started a petition to get 'pumpster' banned from the forum...i then found out first hand that Ron disn't give two fucks about the affairs on the board even when mods overstep their authority ;D As fate would have it pumpster was run off the board when someone found his pics and exposed him, lol.

I've witnessed a lot: the great arvilla thread in the pic forum, Mowers ridicule, king kamali meltdowns, Adonis vs DA, 'The Squad', the getbig radio show, several people run off the board including suckmymuscle's brutal ownage, and many more!
JerryMe and the Great Microphone Debacle.  ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 11:18:39 AM »
There have been many great rivalries between Getbiggers over the years.

Onlyme vs. Vince Goodrum
Squadfather vs. all challengers
Groink vs. dj181
chaos vs. G_thong

Others?

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 11:23:23 AM »
I started on the board and got hooked back when Shawn Ray was posting, some of the standout threads have been:

240 vs Kamali (back when he was 240 or bust)
  Harry vs Bethany Howlett (shoot, anything with Bethany)
  BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT (probably BS, but fascinating to read)
  Onlyme vs Vince

And, of course, pretty much any thread started by blinky.  ;D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 11:24:54 AM »
Others?

Didn't GH15 have some epic disagreements with folks? Like Whitewidow over on the steroids board?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 12:18:13 PM »
Gosh, it was long ago. It wasn't one thread, but a bunch of cross posts on Musclemayhem.com that annoyed Tom Prince, and he deleted or locked them. I wandered over here to read them unedited, and stayed.

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013, 12:47:23 PM »
The chadwick mower epic.
also the hate on layne norton.
Sarcasm/squadfather posts, then the dissapointment of finding he was obese.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 12:52:01 PM »
That was stupid, you know why? First of all it wasn't funny, second DA is an absolute tool and not as smart as Squad, it just didn't have the same aura of hmm ownage, just vicious, when Squad owned people it was funny and somewhat brutal. When DA did his stuff it was all about - HAHA got you! type of bullshit.
This is where you are void of all common sense and empathy. It was not funny cause it was your boy who got owned but it was funny when he did it to others right? but you think it was funny for the one being owned? ,lol, your judgement is biased bro

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2013, 01:11:08 PM »
Didn't GH15 have some epic disagreements with folks? Like Whitewidow over on the steroids board?

That was mostly drivel..

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 01:13:33 PM »

just look at how much fat is hanging over the sides of the shorts :-X

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2013, 01:15:19 PM »
  the female glutes threads

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2013, 01:39:20 PM »
I started on the board and got hooked back when Shawn Ray was posting, some of the standout threads have been:

240 vs Kamali (back when he was 240 or bust)
  Harry vs Bethany Howlett (shoot, anything with Bethany)
  BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT (probably BS, but fascinating to read)
  Onlyme vs Vince

And, of course, pretty much any thread started by blinky.  ;D

I started off by reading the training and history forum mostly so Keith was the first poster I remember but after a few weeks I looked around and specifically remember being hooked after reading about that whole saga. I think I remember Rob saying he was going to shoot anyone who trespassed on his property or something along those lines.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2013, 01:41:01 PM »
Milos's meltdown thread

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2013, 01:44:08 PM »
Milos's meltdown thread

That was a train wreck, it was the early days of getbig for me. I was fresh off from bb.com and I perceived getbig as totally ruthless and very dark. And that's what appealed to me and made me stay, that you could speak your mind..

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2013, 01:49:47 PM »
That was a train wreck, it was the early days of getbig for me. I was fresh off from bb.com and I perceived getbig as totally ruthless and very dark. And that's what appealed to me and made me stay, that you could speak your mind..

Yes train wreck describes it perfectly, uberman telling Milos to get therapy because he has unresolved conflicts from his childhood, Milos replying seriously with 500-word posts to every fucking troll, gh15 begging Milos to go offline... only thing that was missing was gore pictures

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2013, 01:55:09 PM »
Yes train wreck describes it perfectly, uberman telling Milos to get therapy because he has unresolved conflicts from his childhood, Milos replying seriously with 500-word posts to every fucking troll, gh15 begging Milos to go offline... only thing that was missing was gore pictures
lmao i want to read this

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2013, 03:14:05 PM »
 ;D

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2013, 03:17:38 PM »
Bodybuilding lookalikes
Ronnie vs Dorian

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2013, 04:41:39 PM »
ND vs Hulkster
240 or bust vs FATMALI and "chick"
Chick/Ray vs Lee Priest

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 06:55:37 PM »
The Bobby sly thread hooked me and also the pumpster owning. I normally stayed on more of the steroid only type forums b4 getbig but this place was much different.

Who can forget the SMM owning by 1MR..

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 07:10:57 PM »
that thread about your mom

Man of Steel
you are
changing

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2013, 07:24:08 PM »
it wasnt a thread on here, it was a picture in muscular development magazine that had in the caption "see you on getbig.com", and then a couple mentions of getbig in articles by romano and preist.   

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »
I remember chaos and pandemonium flaming me everytime I posted anything. I thought 'if these two fagbuckets can post here, I'm golden' turns out I was right 8)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2013, 10:05:48 PM »
I am yet to witness a decent thread here on GETBIG.  I like it because one can express oneself openly with very little moderation, this has become a rare commodity on the Internet.  My NICEST post would be banned almost anywhere else.  My worst post would probably have other members reporting me to the FEDS.  Getbiggers for all their IDIOCY are quite tolerant people (except for the Muslims - excluding Big Ach, who I don't think is a very devout Muslim anyway)
V