Author Topic: February payroll employment rises (+236,000); unemployment rate edges down (7.7%  (Read 1949 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION -- FEBRUARY 2013

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 236,000 in February, and the
unemployment rate edged down to 7.7 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor
Statistics reported today. Employment increased in professional and business
services, construction, and health care.

Household Survey Data

The unemployment rate edged down to 7.7 percent in February but has shown
little movement, on net, since September 2012. The number of unemployed
persons, at 12.0 million, also edged lower in February. (See table A-1.)

Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rate for whites (6.8 percent)
declined in February while the rates for adult men (7.1 percent), adult women
(7.0 percent), teenagers (25.1 percent), blacks (13.8 percent), and Hispanics
(9.6 percent) showed little or no change. The jobless rate for Asians was 6.1
percent (not seasonally adjusted), little changed from a year earlier. (See
tables A-1, A-2, and A-3.)

The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for December was revised from
+196,000 to +219,000, and the change for January was revised from +157,000 to
+119,000.

Read more: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-08/february-multiple-jobholders-rose-record-full-timers-dropped-part-timers-increased

Full timers lost - part timers gained in anticipation of obamacare mandate kicking in 

It isn't a bad number at all, still treading water, though. Especially with the massive revision downward of the January job numbers.

33386 is correct, as well.....look beyond the print and dig just a tad deeper into the actual composition of the numbers.

-Losing full time jobs
-Full time jobs being replaced with part-time jobs.
-Which means lower wages, lower benefits, lower hours worked etc.
-Labor Force Participation also declined, once again.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
NEW YORK (AP) - A burst of hiring in February pushed stocks higher on Wall Street.

The Dow Jones industrial average gained 67.58 points, or 0.5 percent, to 14,397.07. The index surpassed its previous record close Tuesday and logged a sixth straight increase Friday.

The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 6.92 points, or 0.5 percent, to 1,551.18. The Nasdaq composite advanced 12.28 points, or 0.4 percent, to 3,244.37.

LATS

• Getbig IV
Lord.. Guys I work for Fortune 500 box store.. It's simple.. We are heading into seasonal selling.. March through june..My store alone hired 40 people in the last 30 days alone.. All part-timers.  Minimum wage .. Now considering that my corp alone has thousands of stores .. Do the math.. We wil also layoff or lose half in the next 60 days...in other words.. Means little unfortunately..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Lord.. Guys I work for Fortune 500 box store.. It's simple.. We are heading into seasonal selling.. March through june..My store alone hired 40 people in the last 30 days alone.. All part-timers.  Minimum wage .. Now considering that my corp alone has thousands of stores .. Do the math.. We wil also layoff or lose half in the next 60 days...in other words.. Means little unfortunately..

We get that. It's just humorous, watching the Obama worshippers act as if this is a sign of his policies working.

These same seasonal/part-time/burger-flipping jobs were mocked, when they occurred under Bush.

LATS

• Getbig IV
 I agree 100 percent Mcway.. That's the reason for my post.. These guys think it translates to great things the admin is doing.. Silly.. Half of those people will be laid back off in 90 days or less. .  Yet when those numbers would kick in during bush they were mocked.. Trust me , the last thing Obama knows about is business or how to keep people employed.. By he sure as hell knows how to stifle business through silly ass regulations..

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I agree 100 percent Mcway.. That's the reason for my post.. These guys think it translates to great things the admin is doing.. Silly.. Half of those people will be laid back off in 90 days or less. .  Yet when those numbers would kick in during bush they were mocked.. Trust me , the last thing Obama knows about is business or how to keep people employed.. By he sure as hell knows how to stifle business through silly ass regulations..

So regulations is making unemployment go down ???

LATS

• Getbig IV
Didnt say that.. Unemployment went down because of seasonal hiring.. It's been stifled because of regulations... Numerous corps have said that.. Subway owner recently said he would not be in business today because of it,.. Too much of it...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Didnt say that.. Unemployment went down because of seasonal hiring.. It's been stifled because of regulations... Numerous corps have said that.. Subway owner recently said he would not be in business today because of it,.. Too much of it...
youre talking to someone who doesnt believe the govt has the ability to effect the private market

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

What regulations has Obama enforced?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
What regulations has Obama enforced?
obamacare, dodd frank, creating massive red tape for industries such as the oil industry. You know they application for an oil well wsa 7 pages prior to obama taking office and now its 50+? you know that obama and his admin have been shown to have intentionally drug their feet on approving permits for new drilling operations.

youre an idiot if you think obama has been good for the economy.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
obamacare, dodd frank, creating massive red tape for industries such as the oil industry. You know they application for an oil well wsa 7 pages prior to obama taking office and now its 50+? you know that obama and his admin have been shown to have intentionally drug their feet on approving permits for new drilling operations.

Funny how the stocks is higher now. Regulations must be good for the businesses.

Do you have a source for all this?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Funny how the stocks is higher now. Regulations must be good for the businesses.

Do you have a source for all this?
hahahah I am not suprised that you believe that corelation means causation, please explain how the stock market being up is b/c of obamas legislation.

goodness gracious you libtard morons are clueless

I sure do, but if you really want I will be more than willing to explain it but first please explain how obama has helped the economy.

not just saying ending the wars in accordance with bush's plans or "look at the stock market"

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
hahahah I am not suprised that you believe that corelation means causation, please explain how the stock market being up is b/c of obamas legislation.

goodness gracious you libtard morons are clueless

I sure do, but if you really want I will be more than willing to explain it but first please explain how obama has helped the economy.

not just saying ending the wars in accordance with bush's plans or "look at the stock market"

I dont see a source for how the economy is worse under Obama than Bush.

Post it.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
Unfortunately the numbers only account for those applying for UE benefits . It does not account for those off the rolls

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!

Post it.

More people on Food Stamps

More people out of work

Higher unemployment

Lower wages

Lower LFP

More debt, larger deficits

Economy has lost more than 500k manufacturing jobs.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

Post it.
What numbers do you want sources to whork? Labor participation rate, real unemployment, number of ppl on food stamps, number of part time workers to full time workers, number of ppl on govt assistance?

Lol you are absolutely clueless

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
More people on Food Stamps

More people out of work

Higher unemployment

Lower wages

Lower LFP

More debt, larger deficits

Economy has lost more than 500k manufacturing jobs.

Thanks nice to see a grown-up respond.

Watch and learn Tony.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Thanks nice to see a grown-up respond.

Watch and learn Tony.
What numbers do you want sources to whork? Labor participation rate, real unemployment, number of ppl on food stamps, number of part time workers to full time workers, number of ppl on govt assistance?

Lol you are absolutely clueless
LMFAO I said the exact same thin you morning dipshit I just wasn't as tactful.

Now please tell us all how bush caused the financial collapse

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
These numbers are total bullshit...

not sure how.. but im sure 3333 will tell us why

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
These numbers are total bullshit...

not sure how.. but im sure 3333 will tell us why

These numbers still suck ass. 

Reagan and Clinton both had many months over well over 300k a month, with a population base much much smaller.

Plus - most of these are part time jobs shuffing the deck to deal w O-ShitheadCare

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

Obama only made the economy worse

and The deficit didnt explode under Bush

got cha

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama only made the economy worse

and The deficit didnt explode under Bush

got cha

The deficit exploded after Nancy and Harry Reid took over in 2006.