Author Topic: Business Marketing question....  (Read 2245 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Business Marketing question....
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 10:51:28 PM »
having troubles finding new clients?  :-\

No, just want to expand a little faster. It's a business.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2013, 10:54:15 PM »
Internet by a mile. Perhaps see if you can work out a trade with a few websites where you maybe write articles or have a Q/A, and they let you get some advertising for free.

I have. Also this month I start writing monthly articles for STACK.com on a pay basis.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 05:10:18 AM »
yeah i m sure the average fat joe or soccer mom is going to be interested in his gym..  :-\

Versus some anonymous over-preachy douche bag on a bodybuilding website who probably has never seen the inside of a gym except to ask for directions to the nearest Dunkin' Doughnuts?

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 05:23:25 AM »
Our target audience are athletes but they are mostly word of mouth and by networking as well as the general public (weekend warrior types) but emphasizing that we only want serious people who want to train not "workout" (there is a difference). Our celebrity clients are also word of mouth, Gilles was brought to me by Cheick Kongo and the rest are either neighbors or acquaintances so it's not like I'm targeting the celeb market. I have never pushed the bodybuilding aspect nor do I want to.

Starting next month, we will be holding free seminars on various subjects. We currently have about 105 clients, we're trying to expand to over 200 by this time next year.

I don't know if you're business is extremely local, like one gym in one smaller town, but I guess it is. Then I'd go for some flyers and word of mouth and live seminars sounds good. Of course today it's a necessity to have a good and modern website with clear image of prices and what you get for the money. And of course easy contact forms for collecting e-mail adresses. I'd wouldn't sign up if the site looks shady, especially when you selling a service of trust.

The free seminars can be recorded and put online, either via youtube or a running blog with your name on it, so that your unique training philosophy comes across to the presumed customer. If there's time you could E-mail the seminar video updates to the e-mails over time if they continue like in a running blog.

I guess also, since you're targeting atheletes, you'd get a booth of something in expos of the sport they participate...

Just some thoughts.. :)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 05:40:21 AM »
I don't know if you're business is extremely local, like one gym in one smaller town, but I guess it is. Then I'd go for some flyers and word of mouth and live seminars sounds good. Of course today it's a necessity to have a good and modern website with clear image of prices and what you get for the money. And of course easy contact forms for collecting e-mail adresses. I'd wouldn't sign up if the site looks shady, especially when you selling a service of trust.

The free seminars can be recorded and put online, either via youtube or a running blog with your name on it, so that your unique training philosophy comes across to the presumed customer. If there's time you could E-mail the seminar video updates to the e-mails over time if they continue like in a running blog.

I guess also, since you're targeting atheletes, you'd get a booth of something in expos of the sport they participate...

Just some thoughts.. :)

I agree that utilizing his mouth more is the best way to expand the business.

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 08:02:24 AM »
I have met Joe at his old gym then at the new one. Very familiar with his training. Joe has a production crew doing most of his filming and a great PR company and is teamed up with JimSmith with the diesel crew. Both very smart guys.
'
You don't have to go as big as Joe has concerning the website and production team, but I am sure you can put together some nice youtube videos. They don't have to be edited so much that they look fake. Some realistic training vids would be a huge service.

You could also have your own writing column on the website where you explain why "tire flips" are good for the body, etc ....

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 09:04:02 AM »
Versus some anonymous over-preachy douche bag on a bodybuilding website who probably has never seen the inside of a gym except to ask for directions to the nearest Dunkin' Doughnuts?

Not everyone has a "cush" factory job at the Oscar-Meyer plant like you bro, cut the guy some slack.
Well at least I dont have to fear debts or the end of my activity daily. Pretty stressing after a while. You only see the part coach want you to see about his life; him standing there under the sun with his juiced body owning a "business" but it's a bit more complicated than that -wont mention the failed marriages /kid-. Also you constantly have to bullshit people, be an hypocrit, prey on their insecurities to maintain/increase your incomes... some people develop that kind of personality to survive, but it cannot last forever... at some point it's pretty tough to look at yourself in the mirror. Some months ago when coach  was bragging about his gym etc I said that there s no worse business to have currently, how it only catters to a very specific customer base, rich people, and how he will prolly go bankrupt sooner or later. Looks like he s now showing hints of being desperate. I like how he posted some random numbers about the generated incomes, which were obviously completely impossible to verify. Fact is he only sublty use getbig as a place to advertise for his gym.

You cant make a living and providing for a family being a trainer -except if you re in the managing staff of a chain gym-, you have to have a real job. I doubt he has a continous flow of customers flocking to his gym, the whole thing simply cannot go far, it's doomed to failure. Once the potential customers in an area are done with his training, there s nobody left to bullshit anymore. Also it takes a lot of time to go find customers constantly, takes a lot of energy to lie to them so they stay longer and pay you more etc. The best option is always to own your own place/gym in the first place to minimize the risks, this way you dont need to bullshit people they just use your installation, and basically let people of all levels from beginners to experts in the area come randomly and offer additional personal training services. Prices also have to be low. Renting place , badly targeting customers, offering a too specialized training etc cant last very long, especially in these harsch economic times where people slowly but surely remove all the unecessary /costly hobbies from their everyday lives. Also when you ve learned everything you need to know, you dont need to pay someone to "teach you" anymore...

Also, simply put, more and more people wether young or old train at home, or join gyms and find all the infos on the internet...

This is what I learnt from my own experience working as a pt in a gym chain for 6 months years ago, I currently train some hours a week mostly coworkers or average joes (soccer moms, fat single women, teens, young skinnyfat dudes)  who fell for my local ads in my home gym.

If coach is looking for new ways to reach new customers, that's because he calculated he's heading the wrong way, as simple as that. I doubt he' s '"extending/expanding" shit at the moment. Complicated big words to explain something pretty easy to understand... The number of potential customers in a designated area is finite, so is the income you can expect to generate off them as a result. Again if you dont own a private home gym where to train people while having a real job only doing pt on the side, or if you dont own the place where people come to train, you always fail in this "business" as it is too unstable; people always change their minds, and it is too easy for them to learn everything by themselves especially nowadays. Well to be completely honnest; it can work to rent a place and train people there. For a while. But one day it wont anymore, it's mathematical.
With the internet, people can develop more skills in various domains than ever before, you still need specialized people for some tasks tho, but you re not as dependant of others knowledges and good will as in the past for many things.  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 10:18:07 AM »

Well at least I dont have to fear debts or the end of my activity daily. Pretty stressing after a while. You only see the part coach want you to see about his life; him standing there under the sun with his juiced body owning a "business" but it's a bit more complicated than that -wont mention the failed marriages /kid-. Also you constantly have to bullshit people, be an hypocrit, prey on their insecurities to maintain/increase your incomes... some people develop that kind of personality to survive, but it cannot last forever... at some point it's pretty tough to look at yourself in the mirror. Some months ago when coach  was bragging about his gym etc I said that there s no worse business to have currently, how it only catters to a very specific customer base, rich people, and how he will prolly go bankrupt sooner or later. Looks like he s now showing hints of being desperate. I like how he posted some random numbers about the generated incomes, which were obviously completely impossible to verify. Fact is he only sublty use getbig as a place to advertise for his gym.

You cant make a living and providing for a family being a trainer -except if you re in the managing staff of a chain gym-, you have to have a real job. I doubt he has a continous flow of customers flocking to his gym, the whole thing simply cannot go far, it's doomed to failure. Once the potential customers in an area are done with his training, there s nobody left to bullshit anymore. Also it takes a lot of time to go find customers constantly, takes a lot of energy to lie to them so they stay longer and pay you more etc. The best option is always to own your own place/gym in the first place to minimize the risks, this way you dont need to bullshit people they just use your installation, and basically let people of all levels from beginners to experts in the area come randomly and offer additional personal training services. Prices also have to be low. Renting place , badly targeting customers, offering a too specialized training etc cant last very long, especially in these harsch economic times where people slowly but surely remove all the unecessary /costly hobbies from their everyday lives. Also when you ve learned everything you need to know, you dont need to pay someone to "teach you" anymore...

Also, simply put, more and more people wether young or old train at home, or join gyms and find all the infos on the internet...

This is what I learnt from my own experience working as a pt in a gym chain for 6 months years ago, I currently train some hours a week mostly coworkers or average joes (soccer moms, fat single women, teens, young skinnyfat dudes)  who fell for my local ads in my home gym.

If coach is looking for new ways to reach new customers, that's because he calculated he's heading the wrong way, as simple as that. I doubt he' s '"extending" shit at the moment. Complicated big words to explain something pretty easy to understand... The number of potential customers in a designated area is finite, so is the income you can expect to generate off them as a result. Again if you dont own a private home gym where to train people while having a real job only doing pt on the side, or if you dont own the place where people come to train, you always fail in this "business" as it is too unstable; people always change their minds, and it is too easy for them to learn everything by themselves especially nowadays. Well to be completely honnest; it can work to rent a place and train people there. For a while. But one day it wont anymore, it's mathematical.
With the internet, people can develop more skills in various domains than ever before, you still need specialized people for some tasks tho, but you re not as dependant of others knowledges and good will as in the past for many things.  

Damn dude, you have to be one of the dumbest and business inept people on this site. lol.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 10:21:23 AM »
Damn dude, you have to be one of the dumbest and business inept people on this site. lol.

Time will tell I guess , at least I still have a family, no debts and a real source of incomes tho. Let's see in 10 years from now, when you ll be broke, on dyalisis and alone.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »
Internet for your training business
Print for your soapy suds business

Just kidding Coach ;D

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2013, 10:32:47 AM »
Time will tell I guess , at least I still have a family, no debts and a real source of incomes tho. Let's see in 10 years from now, when you ll be broke, on dyalisis and alone.

god damn this is brutal

:D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2013, 11:17:13 AM »

Mmm, I have a family, no debts (not even my gym) just my home(s). I've been doing this full time for 17 years and real source of income. Don't think I will ever be broke, we have a nice retirement in excess of $600k not including home(s) but never plan on retiring.  I have good exit stragity for my biz which currently does over $430k as of this year. BTW, you have NEVER once explained to me what a "real job" is. Now I know you're just trolling, nothing new here, but I really believe you're just that stupid.

We want to expand so I'm just see if someone out there has a different marketing scheme than I do. Get it?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2013, 11:24:48 AM »
BTW, 430K isn't shit compared to some other facilities.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2013, 11:26:13 AM »
Mmm, I have a family, no debts (not even my gym) just my home(s). I've been doing this full time for 17 years and real source of income. Don't think I will ever be broke, we have a nice retirement in excess of $600k not including home(s) but never plan on retiring.  I have good exit stragity for my biz which currently does over $430k as of this year. BTW, you have NEVER once explained to me what a "real job" is. Now I know you're just trolling, nothing new here, but I really believe you're just that stupid.

We want to expand so I'm just see if someone out there has a different marketing scheme than I do. Get it?

If uberman does turn out to be correct, since you won't need them, can I have the Prowler and full set of bumper plates?
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2013, 11:30:18 AM »
If uberman does turn out to be correct, since you won't need them, can I have the Prowler and full set of bumper plates?

yes ;D

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2013, 12:05:34 PM »

HA HA....one of the few times I legitimately did spit out my food.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2013, 01:27:17 PM »

Although written with all the smugness of a used paper hanky you seen to live a life dominated by fear, caution and risk avoidance. 
better hope one of those clients you appear to despise dont have an accident in your home gym and make a claim. 

c

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2013, 03:57:22 PM »
Mmm, I have a family, no debts (not even my gym) just my home(s). I've been doing this full time for 17 years and real source of income. Don't think I will ever be broke, we have a nice retirement in excess of $600k not including home(s) but never plan on retiring.  I have good exit stragity for my biz which currently does over $430k as of this year. BTW, you have NEVER once explained to me what a "real job" is. Now I know you're just trolling, nothing new here, but I really believe you're just that stupid.

More BS.

Here's a tip for you. Put some business cards up by your glory hole, ya silly little fruit cake.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2013, 04:04:03 PM »
More BS.

Here's a tip for you. Put some business cards up by your glory hole, ya silly little fruit cake.

Feel free to come by you little queer and observe. 15541 Producer Ln. #C HB.

fag