Author Topic: Boldin to the Niners  (Read 2770 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Boldin to the Niners
« on: March 11, 2013, 04:58:07 PM »
Seeing how most teams don't win back to back, maybe he has a better shot at another title. Dude was a fucking beast in Baltimore, ashame Cam didn't use him correctly. It's good he was traded though, he gets his full salary, whereas the Ravens couldn't afford his cap hit.

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: Boldin to the Niners
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 03:23:34 PM »
DAMN GOOD MOVE BY THE NINERS......THE GUY IS ONE OUTSTANDING RECEIVER!!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 03:54:56 PM »
Boldin is good but he lacks speed to separate from defenders. He's effective because he's so big and can use his body and strong hands to make catches in traffic.

I'm singing a different tune than I was a month ago when I heard the news. At first I was pissed but now I understand why the Ravens did it. They want to surround Flacco with receivers that have SPEED so that it plays up to his biggest asset: his arm strength.

I just wish we would've gotten better than a 6th round choice in return.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »
Man, almost a month and just me and you in this thread.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 07:35:32 AM »
I'm all about football year-round...even in the off-season. Any time you want to talk Ravens...I'm game!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 11:43:39 AM »
anytime you want to talk FOOTBALL......I am game!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 05:34:50 PM »
Well, I was hoping for a mid season trade of Boldin back to the Ravens once his cap number is absorbed by the Niners. Or, he just comes back after not getting an extension. One of my favorite Ravens. Anyway, I'm gonna throw my annual $100 on the Ravens to win it all again this year.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 07:29:29 AM »
Well, I was hoping for a mid season trade of Boldin back to the Ravens once his cap number is absorbed by the Niners. Or, he just comes back after not getting an extension. One of my favorite Ravens. Anyway, I'm gonna throw my annual $100 on the Ravens to win it all again this year.
ravens could repeat!! tough to lose mr reed though!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 08:23:53 AM »
Once the draft is over and the Ravens have finished making moves, they will emerge as a favorite to reach the playoffs. I would be shocked if they won less than 9 games in 2013.

Signing Dumervill and all of the free agent lineman so far shows that the Ravens are serious about getting after the QB. Still plenty of talent on the O-line and skill positions.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 11:46:56 AM »
The Ravens' division isn't that tough, so I can see them making the playoffs, but I'd put NE, Denver, and Houston ahead of them overall in the AFC going into the 2013 season.  The losses of team leaders on D and Boldin on O will hurt. 

And thanks again for the gift of Boldin to my Niners.   :)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 12:12:49 PM »
The Ravens' division isn't that tough, so I can see them making the playoffs, but I'd put NE, Denver, and Houston ahead of them overall in the AFC going into the 2013 season.  The losses of team leaders on D and Boldin on O will hurt. 

And thanks again for the gift of Boldin to my Niners.   :)

It was a gift considering we only got a 6th round pick in return. Still scratching my head over that one. Boldin is still productive but he will be 33 years old this season. He's not the fastest guy either so I don't see him getting much separation from defenders at this point in his career. He should move to a hybrid tight end/wr position instead of lining up on the outside.

What do you think about the Nhamdi signing?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 12:32:21 PM »
It was a gift considering we only got a 6th round pick in return. Still scratching my head over that one. Boldin is still productive but he will be 33 years old this season. He's not the fastest guy either so I don't see him getting much separation from defenders at this point in his career. He should move to a hybrid tight end/wr position instead of lining up on the outside.

What do you think about the Nhamdi signing?

Boldin has never gotten much separation from defenders.  That's not his game.  I think he ran a 4.7 at the combine when he was coming out?  Shoots, I can do that now.   :)

I like the Nhamdi signing.  He is talking the talk.  He signed a contract with no guarantees, at his request.  Pretty impressive.  If he returns to form it's a terrific signing.  If he doesn't, it's a minimal investment. 

They still need to sign another safety.  I'm thinking Woodson is probably still in the conversation, but who knows?

Interested to see where Urlacher will land.   

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 12:56:12 PM »
yeah agree....Low risk / potential high reward with Nhamdi. He still can play. But his strength is man coverage and Philly had him playing too much zone.

I wouldn't mind the Ravens taking a shot at Urlacher. Good stop/gap signing until the Ravens groom someone else through the draft. But he's so injury prone now so it's a risk wherever he lands.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 01:28:34 PM »
yeah agree....Low risk / potential high reward with Nhamdi. He still can play. But his strength is man coverage and Philly had him playing too much zone.

I wouldn't mind the Ravens taking a shot at Urlacher. Good stop/gap signing until the Ravens groom someone else through the draft. But he's so injury prone now so it's a risk wherever he lands.

He'll probably hook up with a contender.  Shouldn't be too big of a risk if they don't give him a lot of guaranteed money.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 01:51:13 PM »
He'll probably hook up with a contender.  Shouldn't be too big of a risk if they don't give him a lot of guaranteed money.

Watch him sign with New England and kill it next year. Veteran players always have a habit of playing beyond their limitations under Belichek.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 04:47:39 PM »
Watch him sign with New England and kill it next year. Veteran players always have a habit of playing beyond their limitations under Belichek.

I know right?  Hate that. 

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 02:33:25 PM »
Crabtree juts tore his Achilles tendon. Out for maybe 6months.

Niners will surely go deep into playoffs but I doubt that he'll
be effective even if he just made it back this season?

Boldin just got an upgrade.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 01:18:33 PM »
Tough break.  He was going to have a great year IMO.  Hope he recovers.  I'd probably plug Manningham in his spot, assuming he's healthy.