Author Topic: Who made the best out of their shitty genetics? Pros only  (Read 6202 times)

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
Who made the best out of their shitty genetics? Pros only
« on: March 12, 2013, 05:19:07 PM »
Hey look, an actual bodybuilding topic!

Yes, genetics are everything in so far as bodybuilding is concerned.  One only needs to look at some BB'ers when they get off gear and become Bruce Banner after the Hulk isn't angry anymore.  To be a success in bodybuilding is to be a great responder.  THat being said, there have been a few peeps that have made great strides despite having not the best genetics.

For me, the only candidate that comes to mind is Rich Gaspari.  Narrow shoulders, not tall, wide hips, small chest, arms. 

I'd post more pics but i can't figure that shit out on this Mac.  Every pic result is a damn website and i can't isolate the images' url or what not.  Fucking shit. 

Who had shittier BB genetics than Gaspari, but was actually successful?  I could see this becoming a tribute to Palumbo otherwise.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Who made the best out of their shitty genetics? Pros only
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:41:10 PM »

Yes, genetics are everything in so far as bodybuilding is concerned.  One only needs to look at some BB'ers when they get off gear and become Bruce Banner after the Hulk isn't angry anymore.  To be a success in bodybuilding is to be a great responder.  THat being said, there have been a few peeps that have made great strides despite having not the best genetics.

For me, the only candidate that comes to mind is Rich Gaspari.  Narrow shoulders, not tall, wide hips, small chest, arms. 

I'd post more pics but i can't figure that shit out on this Mac.  Every pic result is a damn website and i can't isolate the images' url or what not.  Fucking shit. 

Who had shittier BB genetics than Gaspari, but was actually successful?  I could see this becoming a tribute to Palumbo otherwise.

rich had great chest,sick legs,,bigger he got worse he looked ,,for 4 yrs was 2nd best bber in the world with so called working man genetics compared to haney,,,did ok ,,today a successful buisnessman ,same as when he competed either love him or hate him,was extreme in all avenues bbing...

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 06:50:41 PM »

you must be kidding me.gaspari had great chest,huge for a man like his size,watch bfto 88 and you will know
T

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 07:00:30 PM »
David Beckham

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 07:19:03 PM »
Jason Genova.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 07:21:09 PM »
  gaspari  dickerson etc

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 07:26:37 PM »
Dorian yates had shit genetics.

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 08:22:18 PM »
wow really no one has said Branch Warren  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 08:23:18 PM »
the winner of this is Ken Jones

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 09:06:19 PM »
dan hill
T

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 09:53:57 PM »
Dorian yates had shit genetics.
and he won...
Rich Gaspari wouldn't even place well during Dorian's reign.
Gaspari had a great chest, crappy arms, ok legs, terrible abs, ok back, and ok delts. He was very vascular.

And he did beat a young Vic Richards...

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 10:00:38 PM »
You could argue that Arnold really excelled, considering his naturally wide hips. If his lats didn't insert down to his hamstrings and flare outward for days, along with the worlds best biceps and chest, his physique wouldn't  be as iconic as it is. Everything on him just flows so perfectly in his FDB pose. Also look at his ectomorphic legs, especially calves, and how he brought those up. He gets my vote for this thread.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 10:04:41 PM »
You could argue that Arnold really excelled, considering his naturally wide hips. If his lats didn't insert down to his hamstrings and flare outward for days, along with the worlds best biceps and chest, his physique wouldn't  be as iconic as it is. Everything on him just flows so perfectly in his FDB pose. Also look at his ectomorphic legs, especially calves, and how he brought those up. He gets my vote for this thread.

Inb4 everyone argues that Ahhnold was and always has been the perfect specimen

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 10:09:07 PM »
Dorian did not have shit genetics. At all.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 10:09:46 PM »
arnold wasnt that big he just knew how to pose and present his physique, and he was narrow shouldered and sleuth footed

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 10:23:39 PM »
arnold wasnt that big he just knew how to pose and present his physique, and he was narrow shouldered and sleuth footed

What is sleuth footed? Sounds awesome

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 10:30:38 PM »
wow really no one has said Branch Warren  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Branch doesn't have shitty genetics.......he just turned his physique into shit.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 10:32:04 PM »
Branch doesn't have shitty genetics.......he just turned his physique into shit.

This

Ever see pics of him when he won his pro card? He was sick! Aesthetic with great lines

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 10:33:20 PM »
This

Ever see pics of him when he won his pro card? He was sick! Aesthetic with great lines

Agreed....he looked amazing.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 10:35:03 PM »

I'm going to go on a limb and say that winning your class at the Universe, before you can legally drink, and being the #2 bodybuilder on the planet for three years, disqualifies you from having crappy genetics.

Genetic potential isn't always on the surface. Look at Lou Ferrigno. He was an absolute twig, as a teenager.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2013, 10:37:37 PM »
Dave Palumbo has shit genetics and he did shitty things with them.  :D

He also has shit for brains.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2013, 10:40:03 PM »
Dave Palumbo has shit genetics and he did shitty things with them.  :D

He also has shit for brains.

He's not a pro though. Imagine how much worse he'd look as a pro and how pompous he would be now.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2013, 10:52:27 PM »
Dorian did not have shit genetics. At all.
Really?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2013, 10:57:36 PM »
Really?

Yes, really show me any pic of these guys prior to working out. Have you seen Wheeler?  He was pathetic in his first show. Some of the best if not the best genetics ever depending on how you view it.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2013, 11:00:10 PM »
Yes, really show me any pic of these guys prior to working out. Have you seen Wheeler?  He was pathetic in his first show. Some of the best if not the best genetics ever depending on how you view it.
I guess it really depends on what you mean by "genetics" for bodybuilding.  I always look at it as the frame someone has and the shape of the muscle bellies, etc.  Dorian looks just like any other skinny runt in that photo.