Author Topic: High LDL values on a strict diet and low test?  (Read 3618 times)

Ontheway

• Getbig II
  • Winners never quit and quitters never win.
High LDL values on a strict diet and low test?
« on: March 13, 2013, 01:55:48 AM »
Just got my blood values back. Seems like my LDL values are way to high. (4,36 mmol/l where the highest value should be 3,36).

I work out regularly, at least 4 times a week. I have a very strict diet. Mostly protein based (meat) with vegetables. No bread, no diaries, no fats besides Omega3. Although, due to my job I tend to eat somewhat irregularly. I use supplements, protein,  glutamine and vitamins. Some days more shakes, than others... Sometimes bars... But I wouldn´t say that it is more or less then before. I believe I am more strict on diet than ever.

I use 250 mg Test a week.

So guess my surprise when the doctor recommended low fat diet due to elevated LDL levels.

What could be the reason?

Thanks.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
Re: High LDL values on a strict diet and low test?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 08:14:44 AM »
1200mgs of red yeast rice daily
T

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 11:14:32 PM »

Bro-
LDL, as you know, is bad low density lipoprotein; HDL is good high density lipoprotein. Test and 'designer' series do fuck with blood lipids. The idea is to keep HDL up and LDL down. The test preps predominantly fuck with HDL-- they lower this value making you more susceptible to MI and CAD. The higher the LDL -- bad cholesterol-  the more likely cardiac issues. Although diet plays a big roll, something as simple as Niacin B3 can elevate HDL, and interestingly in my case halved my LDL. Genetics plays the most important part, but fuck you can make changes by taking something as simple as Niacin. Get the non-flushing-/ 500 mg twice a day. U may not even need a statin.

Learn through Mike Mazaratto's  mistakes. Follow blood lipids closely.

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money   

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:15:11 AM »
if i get a fatal heart attack i wouldnt mind at all

life is over rated

Ontheway

• Getbig II
  • Winners never quit and quitters never win.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 06:31:24 AM »
Thanks for the advice... Niacin... who would´ve thought....

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 01:25:52 PM »
i wouldnt give a shit either, id find it worse if i survived such an attack,as my dad did, his life is not a real life anymore.

the followup was a brainstroke.

if i make it to age 50 its all good.

btw how much niacin a day would be good?

ps, on hrt and clean diet i get very good readings,well at least one of the values is good, the lower number value is not optimal.

either way, the way ppl eat these day in western society, this will cost enourmous money very soon to the collective.

im all for brutal taxes on the bad foods, fuck the fatso swines.
i dont know about this

i have eaten a lot of fries with lots of mayo and pizzas over the years it doesnt make you fat if you dont have an eating disorder

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 02:42:21 PM »
Too much niacin over a long period is not good. Red Yeast Rice and fish oil is the way to go.
T

prizm

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 04:53:16 PM »
no fats besides Omega3.

Not good.

Add coconut oil, olive oil, red palm oil, grassfed butter, and cage free eggs to your diet.

Throw in cardio 4 times a week as well.

Re-test after a couple months. Coconut oil and cardio alone drastically improved my LDL (ratio more importantly).

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 05:18:12 PM »
i dont know about this

i have eaten a lot of fries with lots of mayo and pizzas over the years it doesnt make you fat if you dont have an eating disorder

this is true

if you stay very active and train like a manic then you get a free pass to eat whatever the fuck you want to eat

Frank White

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 06:24:26 PM »
Just got my blood values back. Seems like my LDL values are way to high. (4,36 mmol/l where the highest value should be 3,36).

I work out regularly, at least 4 times a week. I have a very strict diet. Mostly protein based (meat) with vegetables. No bread, no diaries, no fats besides Omega3. Although, due to my job I tend to eat somewhat irregularly. I use supplements, protein,  glutamine and vitamins. Some days more shakes, than others... Sometimes bars... But I wouldn´t say that it is more or less then before. I believe I am more strict on diet than ever.

I use 250 mg Test a week.

So guess my surprise when the doctor recommended low fat diet due to elevated LDL levels.

What could be the reason?

Thanks.

Are you taking an AI? Your story sounds very similar to mine.

I did my first cycle in 13 years last summer, got great results, and after some advice I got on this very board, looked into going the self administered trt route. The only issue I've ever had with cholesterol was borderline low HDL.

I ran a 10 week tren/prop 100mg EOD cycle, and after that was done I dropped to 250mg of sust (125mg/2xweek). I got my bloodwork done in November about four weeks after the cycle, and the only cholesterol related issue was a little high LDL calc number (even my troublesome HDL was okay). My estradiol was 61 so I started taking armidex at either .25/.50 two or three times a week. My next bloodwork was in January, and this time all my cholesterol numbers were out of whack. I lowered my test dosage to 125mg every six days, cut out the armidex, and with my recent bloodwork everything was back to normal.

So tl;dr, maybe your 250 a week is a little high, or perhaps an AI raised your cholesterol.

Regarding niacin: my doc had given me some well before I cycled and I never took it, but after my bad panel I decided to try it. The dosage was two 500mg tabs three times a day. I knew the side was "flushing", but I didn't know exactly what that entailed. I popped two tabs one day and I felt like my body was on fire. I turned red as a beet for 30 minutes, and got so nauseous I had to lay down.  That was the end of that experiment lol. I've since been given advice to ease into that dosage, and I'm currently mustering up the courage to try it again.

I'll also add I take fish oil, red yeast rice, and flaxseed supplements.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »
fish oil that in the fish or the preservative?

have you had before and after bloodwork tests made?

genuinely curious.

anabolchao, yeah it dont make us fat, who work out and are active, but it does make them fat.

ok, lets do a tax for being fat then,instead ;D
Wound not speak otherwise. High quality fish oil not the shit some of these pukes are buying at Costco. Four grams minimally daily. Anytime I begin a new supplement such as red yeast rice I get a baseline then re-test three months later. RYR has had a dramatic positive effect on my lipid profile. My total cholesterol was always hovering around 220. Last time tested 150, hdl was close to 50. Also, I go every two months to donate blood which has made a dramatic difference in my hemoglobin/hemocrit levels. My blood tests are the picture of healthy individual. Too many dumb fuckers needling away with no fucking clue what damage they are doing to themselves because they are too lazy to do their homework. If you know how to manage the sometimes negative effects of gear you can live a very healthy lifestyle.
T

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 07:27:13 PM »
very good idea on the blood donor thing ;)
thanks, but i didnt get the fish oil thing, do uou mean the fat in the fish itself or the oil, say,in a tuna can?
Fish oil soft gels. I use a product from Life Extension, www.lef.org . They have a five star rating from IFOS and are molecularly distilled.
T

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 05:47:29 AM »
Bro-
LDL, as you know, is bad low density lipoprotein; HDL is good high density lipoprotein. Test and 'designer' series do fuck with blood lipids. The idea is to keep HDL up and LDL down. The test preps predominantly fuck with HDL-- they lower this value making you more susceptible to MI and CAD. The higher the LDL -- bad cholesterol-  the more likely cardiac issues. Although diet plays a big roll, something as simple as Niacin B3 can elevate HDL, and interestingly in my case halved my LDL. Genetics plays the most important part, but fuck you can make changes by taking something as simple as Niacin. Get the non-flushing-/ 500 mg twice a day. U may not even need a statin.

Learn through Mike Mazaratto's  mistakes. Follow blood lipids closely.

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money   

What about blood pressure? Do you take anything?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 07:16:38 AM »
Just a heads up, statins mess with liver enzymes :-/ And yes that include red yeast rice, it's just not as terrible as the prescription crap statins, red yeast rice is the better deal.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 09:16:05 AM »
Too much niacin over a long period is not good. Red Yeast Rice and fish oil is the way to go.

How come?

And how much is "too much"?

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 10:10:11 PM »
What about blood pressure? Do you take anything?

1-- Get nonflushing niacin-- 500 mg twice a day.
2-- Never fuck with your BP.  No holoistic shit that is.
BP-  " do I take anything? ".  Lol:
norvasc 10 mg a day
coreg 25 mg twice a day
diovan 320 mg a day
apresoline 50 mg three times a day
3-- Do I use-- fuck yea!!!

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 05:49:38 AM »
Thanks for the input. I had high blood pressure once and now it's managed. It's something I don't want to deal with again.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 09:37:59 AM »
What's the bottom line on niacin, whats it do, whats it cause, side effects, whats good or bad about it, please let me know i dont know