Author Topic: Lee Haney - the greatest Mr. O of all time!  (Read 33390 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Another Lee Haney Thread. The greatest Mr. O of all time
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2013, 10:58:48 PM »
Well Yates won the prejudging in 91 and even though I agree with the outcome of the show I disagree that the winner of the prejudging should or could lose the show, prejudging is the sole decision on bodybuilder's physique, the rest of the judging is for political reasons as a second assessment, and to favor catch ups, nothing more.

You're using all these hypothetical scenarios when history has already been played out. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2013, 10:59:29 PM »
::) ::) ::)  Here we go....I'll end this really quick. Haney 8 Mr. Os. Yates 6. Haney undefeated as Mr. O Ronnie 2 losses....End of story.
There is one way to put it, well said, come on Wiggs, you know I love playing devil's advocate. Man you are not getting soft on us are you?  :D  ;) 8)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2013, 11:01:54 PM »
You're using all these hypothetical scenarios when history has already been played out. 
No I was answering his question, he asked who ? well  agree that Haney won the 91 and he should have and I also agree that he should have won the prejudging as well, but since he did not win the preduging then he should not have won the show cause the winner of the prejudging at every single show should be the winner.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2013, 11:04:15 PM »
There is one way to put it, well said, come on Wiggs, you know I love playing devil's advocate. Man you are not getting soft on us are you?  :D  ;) 8)

lol.

It doesn't mean I don't like Yates or Ronnie cause I like 1998 Ronnie (Best physique all time even with shitty calves and odd ab wall.) 93 and 96 Yates absolutely nasty. But Their careers as a whole, I give to Haney. No real flaws.

Not directed at you One, but I don't know if alot people know that these guys in the 90s used a shit load of esiclene. To me, it's no different than synthol or other fillers.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2013, 02:04:13 AM »
Well Yates won the prejudging in 91 and even though I agree with the outcome of the show I disagree that the winner of the prejudging should or could lose the show, prejudging is the sole decision on bodybuilder's physique, the rest of the judging is for political reasons as a second assessment, and to favor catch ups, nothing more.

and i dont know how yates won the PJ.. haney was better in more poses.. was close but haney was better..

EspenG

• Getbig II
  • yawn
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2013, 02:26:22 AM »
Not many could stand next to Haney.

EspenG

• Getbig II
  • yawn
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2013, 02:29:47 AM »
schmoing in some more pics (no homo)

EspenG

• Getbig II
  • yawn
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2013, 02:35:46 AM »
More pics

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2013, 03:09:59 AM »
Lee Haney---brought a new level of mass,peaked early, and got out.
Dorian Yates---brought a new level of mass and drug strategy---busted bodyparts, and got out
Ronnie Coleman--brought mass to level not seen before, combined with a machine like work ethic---
found he is not a machine, but a man, broke down, and still doesn;t know when to quit. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2013, 03:39:44 AM »
lol.

It doesn't mean I don't like Yates or Ronnie cause I like 1998 Ronnie (Best physique all time even with shitty calves and odd ab wall.) 93 and 96 Yates absolutely nasty. But Their careers as a whole, I give to Haney. No real flaws.

Not directed at you One, but I don't know if alot people know that these guys in the 90s used a shit load of esiclene. To me, it's no different than synthol or other fillers.
Ya and don't forget the pregnant bellies came in the 90's too but obviously not as bad as today. but also as much as I want to believe everyone from the 90's used Esiclene and I almost do but can not accept that Yates did at all.

and i dont know how yates won the PJ.. haney was better in more poses.. was close but haney was better..
I agree Yates should not have beat Haney in the prejudging

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2013, 03:50:49 AM »
Haney could have still retained it in 92 as Yates was just a bit different but it's the 93 Yates that changed the name of the game. For better and worse. Unprecedented mass, crazy conditioning and still lines, proportions. Levrone, Wheeler, Ray, the '95 and '96 Nasser, Dillett, all still kept alive the legacy of classic physiques somehow. But there's no doubt that it's also Yates that initiated (some will say Momo but it's Yates success that made it the norm) the distended bellies, the reign of mass over lines, proportions, aesthetic. That's why people still debate so much about Yates and not that much about Haney.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2013, 04:21:04 AM »
Haney could have still retained it in 92 as Yates was just a bit different but it's the 93 Yates that changed the name of the game. For better and worse. Unprecedented mass, crazy conditioning and still lines, proportions. Levrone, Wheeler, Ray, the '95 and '96 Nasser, Dillett, all still kept alive the legacy of classic physiques somehow. But there's no doubt that it's also Yates that initiated (some will say Momo but it's Yates success that made it the norm) the distended bellies, the reign of mass over lines, proportions, aesthetic. That's why people still debate so much about Yates and not that much about Haney.
Yates was still different in 92, not much but still enough to beat any version of Haney, he was even leaner in 92 and had bigger shoulder and a slightly bigger back. Those improvement were enough especially since he won the entire prejudging the year before, like him or hate but the judges loved him and that is all that counts, Haney would never have won after 1991.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2013, 04:26:00 AM »
I think it looks better with larger torso and a bit smaller but still complete arms. When he flexes, you has bis and tris.

Agree 10000%

Or both torso and arms match
The whole oversized arm thing is nonsense
choice is an illusion

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2013, 07:20:23 AM »
No one on the planet could see Haney making more improvements then he did and 9 out of 10 of the bodybuilding community agrees that Haney could not beat a 92 Yates, but who cares even if he could that argument only would count for something against potential Olympia wins which Arnold clearly wins over anyone even if you did give that potential win to Haney.

As for the best ever is someone who not only gets to the top but separates himself from the field and Haney did not do this and Dorian did, in fact Dorian is the only multiple Olympian winner who never lost a round except Heath but Heath only has 2 wins

Dominance is what wins the category of the best ever and Haney lost way too many rounds in fact only 2 or 3 Olympias he did not lose rounds, he lost rounds against Gaspari, Labrada and Yates and Coleman too, lost rounds to wheeler, Cutler and Levrone and even lost a show to gunter during his reign so forget about those 2 being the best ever if they are struggling and barely winning while Yates is winning by a country mile with ease.

Yates wins.

Nobody could see Yates making the drastic change he made from '92 to '93, either.

Why couldn't Haney make such a similar metamorphisis?

Age? Haney was only 3 years older than Yates.

Genetics? I'd say, at least, they're even there.

If Yates were bigger, I could see it. But, if Haney match him, size-wise, in '92, Haney would beat him again.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2013, 07:49:27 AM »
I remember as a young man seeing this picture and thinking Lee wasn't even from this planet

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2013, 07:55:55 AM »
I remember as a young man seeing this picture and thinking Lee wasn't even from this planet

Me too guy was way ahead of his time

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2013, 08:01:06 AM »
Not many could stand next to Haney.

So fucking awesome. 8) 8) 8)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2013, 08:16:40 AM »
i dont understand those ppl who see haney overrated.. the man had the best V taper ever..

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2013, 08:21:27 AM »
i dont understand those ppl who see haney overrated.. the man had the best V taper ever..

Awe shit. We agree on something! This is a start my friend. lol

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2013, 08:30:11 AM »

because you, haney and i all share the same ancient royal blood ::)

;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2013, 08:36:37 AM »
haney 91 beat yates soundly,,,92 yates was different,93 from another planet,,,,

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2013, 08:43:10 AM »
How did Haney beat Yates soundly in 91 when he lost an entire round?  ??? lol

Anyway, Haney was great, but I always thought Sergio Oliva had a more impressive physique than him, on arguably less complex drugs. Better genetics also.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2013, 08:56:33 AM »
Hanes had the perfect combo of conditioned mass and aestetics.
Yates initiated the disgusting era of modern bodybuilding.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2013, 08:57:35 AM »
How did Haney beat Yates soundly in 91 when he lost an entire round?  ??? lol

Anyway, Haney was great, but I always thought Sergio Oliva had a more impressive physique than him, on arguably less complex drugs. Better genetics also.
sorry clarify on a physique level ,yates was known for one of the best backs haney too ,haney in that shot maybe yates is not in full spread is being beat there,fdb which both there arme were never great ,again haney flow is better ,score card in know had it different but picture's show haney was great that yr,even his legs were sharpest,driest he ever had them.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2013, 09:02:57 AM »
haney 91 beat yates soundly,,,92 yates was different,93 from another planet,,,,

i agree but yates in 92 was still not enough to beat haney at his best.. yates was only 3 pounds heavier in 92 than 91..

sure yates 93 was something else and i dont think haney could play the "extra" mass game in a good way as yates.. haney's great back was still kinda soft even at his very best under 250 lbs so if he had added more weigh i think he would have killed his condition..