Author Topic: Lee Haney - the greatest Mr. O of all time!  (Read 33298 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Lee Haney - the greatest Mr. O of all time!
« Reply #250 on: August 24, 2013, 02:17:50 PM »
Because ND brings his illogical drivel to any thread that anyone professions other than Dorian to be the greatest. I don't mind, it's not like he's proving his point. lol

I don't think Dorian is the greatest bodybuilder of all time , I've never claimed that. I do think Dorian would beat anyone before or after him in a contest at their respective bests.

Ronnie technically is the Greatest Bodybuilder of all time , he has the most careers wins and tied Haney for most Olympia wins. A strong cased could be made for Haney & Arnold being the greatest ever and I tend to agree with Arnold , the guy promoted bodybuilding like no one before or since , retired with six wins because he got bored and wanted to pursue Hollywood , came back and won again , Arnold could have won the Olympia from 1970-1984 if he wanted to Haney would have been his first real challenge , he's a 5 time Mr Universe winner etc

Don't single me out and not say anything about the Coleman fan boys , lets not be hypocritical  ;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #251 on: August 24, 2013, 02:21:17 PM »
I don't think Dorian is the greatest bodybuilder of all time , I've never claimed that. I do think Dorian would beat anyone before or after him in a contest at their respective bests.

Ronnie technically is the Greatest Bodybuilder of all time , he has the most careers wins and tied Haney for most Olympia wins. A strong cased could be made for Haney & Arnold being the greatest ever and I tend to agree with Arnold , the guy promoted bodybuilding like no one before or since , retired with six wins because he got bored and wanted to pursue Hollywood , came back and won again , Arnold could have won the Olympia from 1970-1984 if he wanted to Haney would have been his first real challenge , he's a 5 time Mr Universe winner etc

Don't single me out and not say anything about the Coleman fan boys , lets not be hypocritical  ;)
And Basile is still mad at Arnold for placing him last.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Re: Another Lee Haney Thread. The greatest Mr. O of all time
« Reply #252 on: August 24, 2013, 02:22:27 PM »
i agree but yates in 92 was still not enough to beat haney at his best.. yates was only 3 pounds heavier in 92 than 91..

sure yates 93 was something else and i dont think haney could play the "extra" mass game in a good way as yates.. haney's great back was still kinda soft even at his very best under 250 lbs so if he had added more weigh i think he would have killed his condition..

Haney actually did competed at 257lbs in Italy in 89 and admittedly said he was to heavy and his conditioning was off , so this theory that Haney could come in heavier and somehow suffer no ill effect isn't really accurate

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: August 24, 2013, 02:27:24 PM »
And Basile is still mad at Arnold for placing him last.

LMAO he's an old bitter man

Arnold could have been 14 time Mr Olympia if he wanted , who competing would have stopped him besides Haney? Franco in 76/81?  ::)  Zane 77-79?  ::) Dickerson in 82?  ::) Samir in 83?  ::) all people Arnold trampled

People say Haney retired to young at 31? Arnold was 28 I don't think we seen his full potential realized , I remember his commenting on the 80 Olympia that there was a different emphasis on conditioning being sharper as the abs and obliques etc , Arnold had come areas he could have improved on

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #254 on: August 24, 2013, 02:32:35 PM »

Arnold could have been 14 time Mr Olympia if he wanted , who competing would have stopped him besides Haney? Franco in 76/81?  ::)  Zane 77-79?  ::) Dickerson in 82?  ::) Samir in 83?  ::) all people Arnold trampled

People say Haney retired to young at 31? Arnold was 28 I don't think we seen his full potential realized , I remember his commenting on the 80 Olympia that there was a different emphasis on conditioning being sharper as the abs and obliques etc , Arnold had come areas he could have improved on
True. Arnold is still the King he could have won the O 10 more years prime genetics and mind a lethal combination.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #255 on: August 24, 2013, 03:47:05 PM »
He is ginormous all over. However, his calves look like a mass of hung meat. Huge but not very aesthetic. Thus, the circumferential length may be equivalent. However, in layman speak that you would understand, a Ferrari can be the same length as Ford. Hope that help clarify for you (the greatest debater ever  ::) ::) ::)).

Bodybuilding: the only sport where one can drool over the "circumferential length" (???) of a "ginormous" naked black man's "mass of hung meat" and not be considered a cockmonger.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #256 on: August 24, 2013, 04:04:36 PM »

Arnold could have been 14 time Mr Olympia if he wanted , who competing would have stopped him besides Haney? Franco in 76/81?  ::)  Zane 77-79?  ::) Dickerson in 82?  ::) Samir in 83?  ::) all people Arnold trampled

Arnold is the greatest of all time.

End of thread

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #257 on: August 24, 2013, 05:39:32 PM »
Haney actually did competed at 257lbs in Italy in 89 and admittedly said he was to heavy and his conditioning was off , so this theory that Haney could come in heavier and somehow suffer no ill effect isn't really accurate

Not if he had access and used the products in the Yates/Coleman era.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: August 24, 2013, 05:42:58 PM »
Not if he had access to the products in the Yates/Coleman era.

And you know he didn't how? When Dorian came in 17lbs heavier in 93 they asked him if that was the first time he had taken GH and he said NO so Haney was 91 so it's not like GH was first introduced in 92 , I mean they did compete in the same era

If Haney competed much heavier he has a similar structure like Coleman , short torso long legs , his gut would have been like Ronnie's and his conditioning wasn't improving

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #259 on: August 24, 2013, 06:03:47 PM »
And you know he didn't how? When Dorian came in 17lbs heavier in 93 they asked him if that was the first time he had taken GH and he said NO so Haney was 91 so it's not like GH was first introduced in 92 , I mean they did compete in the same era

If Haney competed much heavier he has a similar structure like Coleman , short torso long legs , his gut would have been like Ronnie's and his conditioning wasn't improving

I do not believe that he was using high dose hgh (15-20ius/day) and insulin during his reign. Do you? Of course I cannot prove that he was using anything at all and neither can you.

Haney does not have a structure like Coleman. I simply disagree with you. His waist was much smaller and had much better calves and ab structure. He also had wider clavicle width. Coleman wasn't really that wide structurally. Haney had a much better V taper.

Saying he would have a gut like Coleman, or even Dorian later in his career for that matter, is pure speculation on your part. Milos brought insulin into the sport and has used it, not abused it, ever since and he has no gut.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: August 24, 2013, 06:15:54 PM »
I do not believe that he was using high dose hgh (15-20ius/day) and insulin during his reign. Do you? Of course I cannot prove that he was using anything at all and neither can you.

Haney does not have a structure like Coleman. I simply disagree with you. His waist was much smaller and had much better calves and ab structure. He also had wider clavicle width. Coleman wasn't really that wide structurally. Haney had a much better V taper.

Saying he would have a gut like Coleman, or even Dorian later in his career for that matter, is pure speculation on your part. Milos brought insulin into the sport and has used it, not abused it, ever since and he has no gut.

I don't know what he was using but Haney was always the biggest guy on stage , he had an advantage there and any talk about drugs is speculation but Dorian once said all of the guys have access to the same drugs ( money withstanding ) so it's not like any one guy has a secret drugs no one else has access to

You can disagree all you'd like but he has the same short torso and long legs Coleman has , His waist was much smaller? I would venture to say Ronnie's was smaller when he was lighter , Ronnie had a minuscule waist until the bottom dropped out ( see picture )

Of course it's speculation but it's based on someone who has a similar structure compared to him ( Ronnie ) knowing his waist was tiny and the heavier he became the bigger than gut became and knowing Lee already said he competed at 257lbs and his conditioning suffered for it all leads us to say that with access to gh/IGF1 Haney wouldn't have been anything better with the extra weight

Nasser who was the opposite of Ronnie because he had a long torso and short legs , had a gut but it wasn't as noticeable because of the longer torso

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #261 on: August 24, 2013, 07:17:33 PM »

Its just as much speculation to insinuate that Haney would see any where near the kind of gains that Dorian or Ronnie did from GH/slin/whatever

you cant say that he would have looked as good or better if only he was taking GH/Slin like the others but then turn around and say its speculation if someone else points out the obvious flip side of the effects of your very argument.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #262 on: August 24, 2013, 08:59:47 PM »
Its just as much speculation to insinuate that Haney would see any where near the kind of gains that Dorian or Ronnie did from GH/slin/whatever

you cant say that he would have looked as good or better if only he was taking GH/Slin like the others but then turn around and say its speculation if someone else points out the obvious flip side of the effects of your very argument.

Of course it's just speculation on my part. I thought I made that very clear when I said "Of course I cannot prove that he was using anything at all and neither can you." But it isn't wild unrealistic speculations. Haney won the Olympia at 23 years of age. He was genetically gifted. I don't think bbs hit their prime until they are in their thirties. Haney was retired by then. So sure, it is possible that he would not have responded as well as Dorian did to gh and insulin, and it was Dorian who started to push the limits of those compounds (can I prove it? No. But that is what I believe and the general consensus of those in the know). But I believe, and with good reason, that Haney would have responded just as well, though in my opinion better, to the increase of hormones and peptides. I stand by my claim that Haney was genetically superior overall than Dorian was. Dorian achieve what he did by sheer will power, determination, and doing things that few, if anyone, would dare. That's why he is my favorite Olympia personality. 

Again, I simply disagree, and will continue to do so, just ND  will also disagree "all he wants", that Haney had a better structure and flow than Ronnie. I believe Haney was better in that department and of course, like you, it is a subjective evaluation. But I don't think Haney could ever have matched the level of development that Ronnie achieved. Ronnie was a true freak of nature. It is with Dorian that the original comparison was made. And I still stand by my claim that a prime Dorian was indeed better than a prime Haney. But if Haney continued to compete and push the limits of hgh and insulin like Dorian did then I believe he would have surpassed Dorian, not Ronnie.

My favorite physique of all the Olympians was Haney, as ND's is Dorian, and Hulkster is Ronnie. It's a subjective sport and a lot, if not most, is contingent of taste and preferences. It's not a matter of who is right and who is wrong.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #263 on: August 24, 2013, 09:32:02 PM »
I dont. even know what Is being argured anymore.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #264 on: August 24, 2013, 09:48:22 PM »
I dont. even know what Is being argured anymore.

Will Rami place in the top 3 and knock out Jay.

Try to keep up.

Michael Ray

• Getbig I
« Reply #265 on: August 25, 2013, 09:37:32 AM »
Lee Haney was the last Mr. O before bodybuilding went completely to shit. Dorian was the beginning of the end. Ronnie finished it off. Now it's just gut building. RIP. Long live Lee!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #266 on: August 25, 2013, 10:29:38 AM »
Lee Haney was the last Mr. O before bodybuilding went completely to shit. Dorian was the beginning of the end. Ronnie finished it off. Now it's just gut building. RIP. Long live Lee!

That's a bitter first post, maybe you should stick to the Iron-age forums.

Michael Ray

• Getbig I
« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2013, 10:50:15 AM »
Been lurking here since the beginning. Good entertainment value. Thanks for the comment.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: August 25, 2013, 08:37:42 PM »
Pros were using insulin in the late 80’s.

I know someone who learnt how to use from Gary Strydom in 1989.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #269 on: August 25, 2013, 09:02:36 PM »
It just occurred to me that we argue over which naked hyper muscled man is more pleasing to the eye than another naked hyper muscled man. And we argue about it like our lives depend it.  :-\ What an odd world we live in. What curious little creatures we are.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #270 on: August 25, 2013, 09:44:47 PM »

My recollection was Tim Belknap brought insulin use into BBing.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #271 on: August 25, 2013, 10:40:29 PM »
My recollection was Tim Belknap brought insulin use into BBing.

He was a Type 1 diabetic.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #272 on: August 25, 2013, 10:42:56 PM »

Nope. I just simply disagree with that one.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: August 25, 2013, 11:09:02 PM »
Nope. I just simply disagree with that one.
Disagree all you want but I saw the Strydom GH/insulin protocol written down in 1989.

Gary put a LOT of size on between 1988 and 1990 too.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2013, 01:39:47 AM »
Disagree all you want but I saw the Strydom GH/insulin protocol written down in 1989.

Gary put a LOT of size on between 1988 and 1990 too.

Oh, it was written down! Well, why didn't you say so. That changes everything.

Please enlighten us what exactly the protocol was including the type of slin use.