Author Topic: Have you been ignoring your white Privilege today?  (Read 14153 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Have you been ignoring your white Privilege today?
« on: March 14, 2013, 03:21:58 AM »
I hope to God the Supreme Court strikes the racist and ass backward affirmative action disease which does nothing except put stupid people in positions they can't handle while unquestionably contributing to the dumbing down of America's stature in the world.

With that in mind, another brilliant left wing program: Overcoming White Privilege. I think i'll speak in Ebonics and start break dancing at work today  ::)

Wisconsin’s VISTA Program Encourages Volunteers to Overcome White 'Privilege’
March 13, 2013
By Patrick Burke

(CNSNews.com) - The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) wants its white VISTA volunteers who work with low-income, racially diverse public schools to examine the “privilege” their Caucasian race confers on them.

DPI devotes an entire Web page to “Power and Privilege,” including links to racial justice workshops and online tests where VISTA volunteers can “learn about your personal bias.”

One “diversity” document linked to DPI’s Web site suggests that white people “wear a white wristband as a reminder about your privilege, and as a personal commitment to explain why you wear the wristband.”

The document -- written by a diversity resource center in New Jersey -- also suggests that white people ask themselves questions, such as: “How do I ignore privilege? What am I doing today to undo my privilege? How do I fool myself into thinking I am powerless?”

Other suggestions for white people include:

-- Set aside sections of the day to critically examine how privilege is working.
-- Put a note on your mirror or computer screen as a reminder to think about privilege.
-- Make a daily list of the ways privilege played out, and steps taken or not taken to address privilege.
-- Find a person of color who is willing to hold you accountable for addressing privilege.

The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction is the state agency that advances public education and libraries in Wisconsin.

DPI notes that its AmeriCorps VISTA volunteers are serving in schools that are culturally and racially diverse, and therefore DPI provide “multiple opportunities for training…that help the volunteers better serve the schools and communities in which they are placed.”

(The document mentioned above is just “one strand of information” provided for Wisconsin VISTA volunteers.)

“Not only should you examine the kind of privilege you bring to your (work) site but also how power is distributed among the families, community members, and students you work with,” the DPI Web site says. “The VISTA project encourages VISTAs to think about power and privilege in the context of race, gender, socio-economic status, to name only a few.”

At the top of the DPI’s “Power and Privilege” Web page is a quotation from feminist Gloria Steinem that reads: “The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn.”

AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty.

VISTA members commit to serve full-time for a year at a nonprofit organization or local government agency, working to fight illiteracy, improve health services, create businesses, and strengthen community groups.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/wisconsin-s-vista-program-encourages-volunteers-overcome-white-privilege

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Re: Have you been ignoring your white Privilege today?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 03:51:08 AM »
Anti-White discrimination is the new norm, and treasonous groups complicit with it are able to get away with it without fear of repercussion or lawsuits.  There are no advocates for us, as the demographics are rapidly shifting against us, bringing loss of political and cultural power.  What we are being replaced with is not anything of a superior nature, but one of great inferiority.......brough t on by the self-loathing garbage depicted in the article.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 04:25:08 AM »
Speechless

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 05:09:55 AM »
Anti-White discrimination is the new norm, and treasonous groups complicit with it are able to get away with it without fear of repercussion or lawsuits.  There are no advocates for us, as the demographics are rapidly shifting against us, bringing loss of political and cultural power.  What we are being replaced with is not anything of a superior nature, but one of great inferiority.......brough t on by the self-loathing garbage depicted in the article.

Yeah, but evidently everybody is cool with it, because there's no revolution going on to counteract it.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 05:12:43 AM »
Yeah, but evidently everybody is cool with it, because there's no revolution going on to counteract it.

Well that would be racist.

Non whites (excluding Asians) are stupid and unqualified because I'm white.

The Asians have managed to somehow overcome my whiteness so they don't count. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 05:17:41 AM »
Lol where are all the civil rights leaders now?

Where are all their supporters?

Andre, Vince, Benny????

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 07:08:48 AM »
I hope to God the Supreme Court strikes the racist and ass backward affirmative action disease which does nothing except put stupid people in positions they can't handle while unquestionably contributing to the dumbing down of America's stature in the world.

With that in mind, another brilliant left wing program: Overcoming White Privilege. I think i'll speak in Ebonics and start break dancing at work today  ::)

March 13, 2013
By Patrick Burke

(CNSNews.com) - The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) wants its white VISTA volunteers who work with low-income, racially diverse public schools to examine the “privilege” their Caucasian race confers on them.

DPI devotes an entire Web page to “Power and Privilege,” including links to racial justice workshops and online tests where VISTA volunteers can “learn about your personal bias.”

One “diversity” document linked to DPI’s Web site suggests that white people “wear a white wristband as a reminder about your privilege, and as a personal commitment to explain why you wear the wristband.”

The document -- written by a diversity resource center in New Jersey -- also suggests that white people ask themselves questions, such as: “How do I ignore privilege? What am I doing today to undo my privilege? How do I fool myself into thinking I am powerless?”

-- Set aside sections of the day to critically examine how privilege is working.
-- Put a note on your mirror or computer screen as a reminder to think about privilege.
-- Make a daily list of the ways privilege played out, and steps taken or not taken to address privilege.
-- Find a person of color who is willing to hold you accountable for addressing privilege.

The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction is the state agency that advances public education and libraries in Wisconsin.

DPI notes that its AmeriCorps VISTA volunteers are serving in schools that are culturally and racially diverse, and therefore DPI provide “multiple opportunities for training…that help the volunteers better serve the schools and communities in which they are placed.”

(The document mentioned above is just “one strand of information” provided for Wisconsin VISTA volunteers.)

“Not only should you examine the kind of privilege you bring to your (work) site but also how power is distributed among the families, community members, and students you work with,” the DPI Web site says. “The VISTA project encourages VISTAs to think about power and privilege in the context of race, gender, socio-economic status, to name only a few.”

At the top of the DPI’s “Power and Privilege” Web page is a quotation from feminist Gloria Steinem that reads: “The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn.”

AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty.

VISTA members commit to serve full-time for a year at a nonprofit organization or local government agency, working to fight illiteracy, improve health services, create businesses, and strengthen community groups.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/wisconsin-s-vista-program-encourages-volunteers-overcome-white-privilege

WTF  ???

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 07:25:22 AM »
My coworkers and I haven't pulled drive bys on each other today.  Nor have we broken out in kung fu fights with the management because our bowl of rice was 5 minutes late.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 12:54:30 PM »
silly indeed but if its not a privilage why do so many people act like they are having their privilages taken away?
c

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 01:10:36 PM »
Sadly white privilege doesn't exist in my experience.  It should

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 01:14:24 PM »
but if its not a privilage why do so many people act like they are having their privilages taken away?

Interesting isn't it?
w

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 01:17:54 PM »
White people created modern western society.  Naturally, in the past, power (that they created) was passed on to people in their circle.  

Why was that a bad thing, or a wrong?

???

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 01:19:08 PM »
I just bought a makeup kit to help mask my whiteness. I'll go down to the local barbershop later today and attempt to apologize for...something.

Nevermind that despite being arbitrarily included into the 'white' gerrymander, most of my people came to this country in a post-slavery context and were treated just as poorly as blacks.

Thanks Wisconsin (or rather, a small class of self-hating persons within Wisconsin).

I'm going to guess that you are of Irish decent?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 02:05:38 PM »

March 13, 2013
By Patrick Burke

A little to do about shit..... ::)
A

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 03:20:17 PM »
Here's the tunny thing: the actual value of being white is eroding and people can't freaking handle it.

I wrote this here a few years ago and no one listened: The only important color is green.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 03:24:12 PM »
...and this couldn't possibly have anything to do with further dividing people.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 05:13:54 PM »
Here's the tunny thing: the actual value of being white is eroding and people can't freaking handle it.

I wrote this here a few years ago and no one listened: The only important color is green.
holy shit son, where you been?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 05:16:08 PM »
DOH

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 05:47:28 PM »
silly indeed but if its not a privilage why do so many people act like they are having their privilages taken away?

You completely miss the point and have a very bizarre interpretation as to why this story irritates anyone with common sense and decency.

The only ones acting like its a privilege to be white are marxist special interest groups, academia and the Democratic Party leadership as a whole. They made up the entire fallacy of white privilege in order to continue perpetrating the myth that America is an inherently and permanently racist country and that as a result, some minorities (basically just blacks at this point) are entitled to government intervention and dependency for all time. DrKaje is right-- the only color that matters is GREEN. But that would imply that blacks can actually succeed on their own-- which squashes the myth of white privilege.

Not to mention the fact that for 3 decades there has been large scale institutionalized affirmative action in both the public and private sector which incontrovertibly tips the scales in favor of minority candidates (except asians)-- even in instances where minority recipients of racial preferences are actually harmed in both the short and long term.

Basically, this program's aim is to have a bunch of white people make jack asses out of themselves for the lofty goal of cultivating some non-existent understanding about racism. And not to point out the obvious, but why the fuck is time and money being wasted on garbage like this when Americas public education system is in the toilet? How about doing something that will really help inner city black kids-- like having workshops for teachers that are designed to improve their teaching methods and handle classroom situations.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 05:51:51 PM »

Welcome back bro--

Now we just need Hedge, Billy Minmnaugh and SAMSON to bring this board back to its heyday.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 06:07:01 PM »
holy shit son, where you been?

Busy with other stuff.

Sad thing is people just got intellectually lazy and freaking dishonest. All the retards who pretended they didn't even notice race can't help noticing no one gives a crap they're white. New flash: No one has noticed or cared for a long time and it has nothing to do with Obama. Sadder still? A lot of us were privately upset that Obama being president would let people finally notice.

Personally, I'm a cynic and find it amusing that some loser in a single-wide can even afford racism. I mean really... who sits around broke and can feel better by saying "At least I'm not black"?

I do miss the old days here, though. Nothing like the utter destruction of tiny tits caused by The Owning Squad or when Nick owned some queefs so bad they called his parents, LOL! I'm talking about the original Owning Squad, pre-Jake.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 06:14:10 PM »
Billy was the fucking man.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 08:01:03 PM »
When I think of Billy, I think of that story about him eating the nasty skank gash that left his upper lip smelling like rotten tuna for two weeks.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 08:06:10 PM »
I'm going to guess that you are of Irish decent?

Good guess, but the correct answer is Greek. Sorry about the whole Eurozone crisis thing, brah.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 08:07:21 PM »
Good guess, but the correct answer is Greek. Sorry about the whole Eurozone crisis thing, brah.

I only know one word in Greek.  Guess what that is knowing me??? 

Hey Mavrakis!!!!