Author Topic: Judge rules Obama Admn can't force business to offer birth control to employees  (Read 412 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/03/14/judge-us-cant-make-dominos-founder-offer-contraceptives-to-employees

Good

How can you say "Good"? No one is telling Monahan that he and his partner have to use contraception.
If he is a business providing health insurance to employees, why should he dictate whether or not his employees can use contraception? Why is HE allowed to impose his religious views on his employees, ...or dictate their medical care? I don't think that's right at all.

That's like being an employee of the Marriott hotel, and being told that if you're in a serious accident and require a blood transfusion, you won't be covered because the owner of the Marriott chain is Mormon, and doesn't believe in blood transfusions.

Or that the much needed operation has to be done without pain killer because morphine is a stimulant, and with your boss being Mormon / Seventh Day Adventist, they don't believe in stimulants... no morphine for you, ...but you can have a bullet to bite on if that helps. ::)

I hope the government appeals this. You shouldn't get to cherry pick like that. He's devoutly Catholic? Sha right! ::) ::) So does that mean he bans the sale & consumption of Pepperoni Pizzas on Friday? Does he limit his menu to strictly anchovie pizzas on Friday? Are his stores open on Sunday? I think it's BS hypocrisy designed to keep his costs as low as possible at the expense of his employees.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
How can you say "Good"? No one is telling Monahan that he and his partner have to use contraception.
If he is a business providing health insurance to employees, why should he dictate whether or not his employees can use contraception? Why is HE allowed to impose his religious views on his employees, ...or dictate their medical care? I don't think that's right at all.

That's like being an employee of the Marriott hotel, and being told that if you're in a serious accident and require a blood transfusion, you won't be covered because the owner of the Marriott chain is Mormon, and doesn't believe in blood transfusions.

Or that the much needed operation has to be done without pain killer because morphine is a stimulant, and with your boss being Mormon / Seventh Day Adventist, they don't believe in stimulants... no morphine for you, ...but you can have a bullet to bite on if that helps. ::)

I hope the government appeals this. You shouldn't get to cherry pick like that. He's devoutly Catholic? Sha right! ::) ::) So does that mean he bans the sale & consumption of Pepperoni Pizzas on Friday? Does he limit his menu to strictly anchovie pizzas on Friday? Are his stores open on Sunday? I think it's BS hypocrisy designed to keep his costs as low as possible at the expense of his employees.
he isnt saying whether or not his employees can use contraceptives or not jagson.....

he is saying that if they want to use it they have to buy it themselves....

big difference

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
The govt should not force any business to provide anything like this. 

24KT

• Getbig V
he isnt saying whether or not his employees can use contraceptives or not jagson.....

he is saying that if they want to use it they have to buy it themselves....

big difference

Who is he to decide what type of health insurance coverage his employees get?

I am of the opinion there should be a basic standard of coverage for everyone, and reproductive coverage should be part of it.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I am of the opinion there should be a basic standard of coverage for everyone, and reproductive coverage should be part of it.

LOL. 

24KT

• Getbig V
LOL. 

Laugh all you want. I realize, we're dealing in different paradigmns.
I come from a place that DOES have universal health care coverage for it's citizens.
You come from a place that is trying to implement a guarantee of business for big insurance companies, and is arguing over what the masters will provide for their slaves. We approach the issue from different perspectives.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Laugh all you want. I realize, we're dealing in different paradigmns.
I come from a place that DOES have universal health care coverage for it's citizens.
You come from a place that is trying to implement a guarantee of business for big insurance companies, and is arguing over what the masters will provide for their slaves. We approach the issue from different perspectives.

STFU - on the one hand you preach libertarianism and when it comes to your vagina want us all on the hook. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.

My co-worker was recently prescribed a birth control pill as part of her thyroid treatment. In her individual case, it is merited as a medical necessity. As such, I can easily justify that falling under her health coverage.

Sex is a desirable, voluntary act that does not fall within the realm of necessity. (Okay, it is "necessary," but there are alternatives to the pill.) Making oral contraceptives part of standard coverage would only add a huge cost to something they're supposedly trying to make affordable.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

he is their employer....