Author Topic: Republican Rob Portman Supports Gay Marriage  (Read 5813 times)

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Re: Republican Rob Portman Supports Gay Marriage
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 10:06:43 AM »
nothing being proposed would prevent you or anyone from defending their home with a gun

I assume you know this

There are many proposals being made that would prevent, or severely inhibit, preventing you from acquiring a firearm to defend your home.  Some are at the state and local level, others at the federal level.

- A New York Congressman proposed a liability insurance imposed on gun owners, costing upwards of $2000 a year........this is a LOT of money for many American families, enough that the cost alone would prevent many from buying a gun (or sacrificing food or electricity for their family)

- California has proposed the elimination of magazines altogether, requiring a gun to be loaded one bullet at a time.  

- New background checks would eliminate many from being able to legally purchase a weapon.  

- Proposals made to force buyers of ammunition purchases to attend anger management classes is overreaching.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 10:07:21 AM »
Statistically speaking, a home invasion with multiple intruders is much more likely to happen and affect you than a random school shooting.   I`d rather use the most pertinent set of facts than emotion.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 10:09:38 AM »
are you expecting an assault on your fortress

you can have as many guns as you want and you'll have no problem defending yourself against the mob you seem to be expecting

I can't recall any cases (perhaps you know of some) where extended magazines were needed to defend ones self of home

On the other hand we have examples at least a few times a year where these extended magazines allow nuts to massacre many people in a matter of seconds
How many bullets would you like me to have?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 10:12:19 AM »
How many bullets would you like me to have?

is there a proposal to limit the number of bullets you can have?

I'm not aware of one

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 10:12:51 AM »
is there a proposal to limit the number of bullets you can have?

I'm not aware of one
A proposal to limit how many bullets I am able to place in my magazine which goes in my gun.  So how many do you want me to be able to place in a Magazine?  ???

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 10:13:23 AM »
Wrong again, I didn't vote for Romney, based on any alleged deception.

YOU, claimed Obama was lying from jump, back in 2008. And, YOU voted for him TWICE.

Notice how Gollum ignored this comment.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 10:14:07 AM »
Wrong again, I didn't vote for Romney, based on any alleged deception.

YOU, claimed Obama was lying from jump, back in 2008. And, YOU voted for him TWICE.
Oh, you voted for Obama then because you are black.  Knew it all along.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 10:14:56 AM »
Notice how Gollum ignored this comment.

Not only did he allege Obama was lying, he was BRAGGING about it, that it was cool for him to deceive the American people (as long as he got elected).

Oh, you voted for Obama then because you are black.  Knew it all along.

I hope this is just your pitiful attempt at sarcasm.

Oh, that's right! YOU floated the idea that Obama was a closet atheist, which made it cool for him to lie about his opposition to gay "marriage", based on religious reasons.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 10:15:41 AM »
I just find it hilarious how quickly they abandon their firmly held religious beliefs as soon as it effects them personally.   I wonder how many fundies have secretly gotten an abortion

HEHEHE! MCWAY slapping the stupid out of you.
What happens when people don't have these so-called "epiphanies"? Notice that the media LOVES to play up a Republican, supporting gay "marriage"......as if every single Democrat support this.

We know that the lion's share of the Dems' most blindly faithful voting block vehemently opposed this.

And how many times has Obama flip-flopped on this issue?

Didn't Joe Biden vote for the Defense of Marriage Act, as a senator? And which president signed it into law?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2013, 10:17:06 AM »
There are many proposals being made that would prevent, or severely inhibit, preventing you from acquiring a firearm to defend your home.  Some are at the state and local level, others at the federal level.

- A New York Congressman proposed a liability insurance imposed on gun owners, costing upwards of $2000 a year........this is a LOT of money for many American families, enough that the cost alone would prevent many from buying a gun (or sacrificing food or electricity for their family)

- California has proposed the elimination of magazines altogether, requiring a gun to be loaded one bullet at a time.  

- New background checks would eliminate many from being able to legally purchase a weapon.  

- Proposals made to force buyers of ammunition purchases to attend anger management classes is overreaching.

I'm sure there are some absurd proposals but I have no problem with most of the stuff you just mentioned

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2013, 10:18:00 AM »
HEHEHE! MCWAY slapping the stupid out of you.

go back and read what I wrote and try again

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »
Not only did he allege Obama was lying, he was BRAGGING about it, that it was cool for him to deceive the American people (as long as he got elected).

Oh, that's right! YOU floated the idea that Obama was a closet atheist, which made it cool for him to lie about his opposition to gay "marriage", based on religious reasons.

I`m not bragging nor did I say it were "cool" for him to lie about anything.  You "floated" that one.  Obama is a complete phony when it comes to religion.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 10:20:38 AM »

So you didn`t vote for Obama or Romney.  You sat on your hands did you?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2013, 10:21:12 AM »

We know what you wrote. You were blasting a Republican, who initially opposed gay "marriage" for religious reasons, for changing his tune for personal (and perhaps, political) expediency.

Yet, you voted for a guy who, initially opposed gay "marriage" for religious reasons (to a pastor's face, no less), but later changed his tune for political (and perhaps, personal) expediency.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2013, 10:23:11 AM »
I`m not bragging nor did I say it were "cool" for him to lie about anything.  You "floated" that one.  Obama is a complete phony when it comes to religion.  

YES YOU DID, basically!! And your justification was that no atheist could ever be elected president.

You condoned lying, as long it was someone who was not religious, pretending that he is, to get a leg up politically.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2013, 10:23:41 AM »

I did. You are a stupid hypocrite. Now you are trying to split hairs between the motivation that drives a Democrat and a Republican to switch stances.

Flip floppers exist on both sides of the aisle. The biggest one is the idiot in chief. Bill Clinton is a close second.

Again, MCWAY slapped the stupid out of you!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2013, 10:24:19 AM »
YES YOU DID, basically!! And your justification was that no atheist could ever be elected president.

You condoned lying, as long it was someone who was not religious, pretending that he is, to get a leg up politically.

MCWAY, everybody lies, even you.  Its just how much are we willing to put up with is what matters.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2013, 10:24:46 AM »
So you didn`t vote for Obama or Romney.  You sat on your hands did you?

I did vote for Romney. So, you miss on that one.

I did NOT vote for someone I knew (or at least, highly suspected) to be a liar. YOU DID....TWICE!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2013, 10:26:54 AM »
MCWAY, everybody lies, even you.  Its just how much are we willing to put up with is what matters.

More excuse-making, to cover your embarrasingly exposed hind quarters, on this one.

I did. You are a stupid hypocrite. Now you are trying to split hairs between the motivation that drives a Democrat and a Republican to switch stances.

Flip floppers exist on both sides of the aisle. The biggest one is the idiot in chief. Bill Clinton is a close second.

Again, MCWAY slapped the stupid out of you!

Sorry, Dario. Even I don't hit that hard.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2013, 10:27:32 AM »
First off, proliferation of guns has very little to nothing to do with violent crime rates.  Violent crime rates have been steadily decreasing since the 1980s(there was a spike in the early 90s) and there is no correlating effect between implemented gun laws between that time and now.  Draconian anti-gun measures are proposed based solely upon emotional appeal to the lemmings, and not on facts and logic(many of these facts and logic do not correlate with politicians' "truths").  Correlation does not equal causality.  There are many hundreds of factors as to why gun violence increases/decreases, and the actual truths of it are going to severely upset many people's firmly held beliefs.

The Virginia Tech shooter had a Glock and Walther P22 with magazine capacities of 10 and 15, along with a myriad of other blunt object weapons.  So in what way would a law requiring magazines holding no more than 8 rounds do to prevent the 35 deaths at this massacre?  A bad guy intent on doing something like this cannot somehow obtain magazines that hold more than 8 rounds?  A bad guy, even if confined to 8 round magazines, cannot simply carry a few more on his person.  A bad guy, cannot swap out a new magazine in a second(I, for one, can swap in a fresh mag in my 9mm in about that time, easy)?

Anyway, gay marriage....gets attention because there is big money behind the gay lobby.  Lets forget the civil rights of others.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2013, 10:27:36 AM »
A proposal to limit how many bullets I am able to place in my magazine which goes in my gun.  So how many do you want me to be able to place in a Magazine?  ???

try being more specific next time

I've already made my views on high capacity magazines many times

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2013, 10:28:15 AM »

I did NOT vote for someone I knew (or at least, highly suspected) to be a liar. YOU DID....TWICE!!!
Romney never lied in your eyes.  My how gullible you are!  You are like a horse with blinders on, take them off and he refuses to go anywhere until you put them back on again.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2013, 10:28:31 AM »

hahahahah Romney was caught in lie after lie and is the biggest flip flopper in history.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2013, 10:30:50 AM »
try being more specific next time

I've already made my views on high capacity magazines many times

How many bullets should a magazine hold in your opinion and where is your evidence that it would stop anything? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2013, 10:34:57 AM »
Romney never lied in your eyes.  My how gullible you are!  You are like a horse with blinders on, take them off and he refuses to go anywhere until you put them back on again.

You condoned lying, period. Trying to weasel your way out of it, by accusing me of being gullible, is yet another attempt to deflect from your pitiful statements.

hahahahah Romney was caught in lie after lie and is the biggest flip flopper in history.

"I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman"

"I voted for the $87 billion before I voted against it".

“You know, I have to say this was not — a decision that went up to the White House,”

"If you like you healthcare plan, you can keep it."