Author Topic: Republican Rob Portman Supports Gay Marriage  (Read 5812 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Republican Rob Portman Supports Gay Marriage
« on: March 15, 2013, 08:46:17 AM »
Why is it that Repubs have no problem changing their long held religious beliefs as soon as it effects someone in their own family.   I mean if you really truly are against gay marriage, think marriage should only be between one man and one women,  think it's a sin, etc.. then why would you change your mind just because you find out your son is gay. 
Is Jesus's Dad really going to understand that given that he allowed his own son to be tortured to death.   What's next Mr. Portman.  I guess you now believe a man should be able to marry a dog.  Isn't that how the Repub line of thinking works

Maybe we just need some Republican congress people to have some of their loved ones (perhaps their darling grand children) literally shot to pieces at point blank range so that they can finally have a change of heart on some forms of gun legislation.   

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/republican-rob-portman-supports-gay-marriage/story?id=18736731

By MICHAEL FALCONE (@michaelpfalcone) and Z. BYRON WOLF (@zbyronwolf)
March 15, 2013

U.S. Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, once on the short-list to be Mitt Romney's 2012 running mate, has reversed his opposition to gay marriage, revealing that his own son is gay.

Portman Thursday told reporters from several Ohio newspapers that when his son, Will, 21, informed him that he was gay two years ago, "It allowed me to think of this issue from a new perspective, and that's of a dad who loves his son a lot and wants him to have the same opportunities that his brother and sister would have, to have a relationship like Jane and I have had for over 26 years," according to an interview with the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Republican Rob Portman Supports Gay Marriage
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 09:04:58 AM »
Why is it that Repubs have no problem changing their long held religious beliefs as soon as it effects someone in their own family.   I mean if you really truly are against gay marriage, think marriage should only be between one man and one women,  think it's a sin, etc.. then why would you change your mind just because you find out your son is gay. 
Is Jesus's Dad really going to understand that given that he allowed his own son to be tortured to death.   What's next Mr. Portman.  I guess you now believe a man should be able to marry a dog.  Isn't that how the Repub line of thinking works

Maybe we just need some Republican congress people to have some of their loved ones (perhaps their darling grand children) literally shot to pieces at point blank range so that they can finally have a change of heart on some forms of gun legislation.   

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/republican-rob-portman-supports-gay-marriage/story?id=18736731

March 15, 2013

U.S. Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, once on the short-list to be Mitt Romney's 2012 running mate, has reversed his opposition to gay marriage, revealing that his own son is gay.

Portman Thursday told reporters from several Ohio newspapers that when his son, Will, 21, informed him that he was gay two years ago, "It allowed me to think of this issue from a new perspective, and that's of a dad who loves his son a lot and wants him to have the same opportunities that his brother and sister would have, to have a relationship like Jane and I have had for over 26 years," according to an interview with the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Of course he should have been open to the idea from the outset as it only makes logical sense to support it, but at least he has now had his epiphany.  Sometimes it has to hit close to home for people to wake up.  Good for him at least.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 09:10:07 AM »

March 15, 2013

Your argument on gun control is stupid.  If someone is shot to pieces, chances are it was because someone broke into your house and you were unarmed or had no way of defending yourself. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 09:12:24 AM »
Hahah..as if we couldn't predict this shit.  Watch them all come around to this, to 'immigration reform', and to 'gun control'.  

Fucking flakes.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 09:16:33 AM »
What happens when people don't have these so-called "epiphanies"? Notice that the media LOVES to play up a Republican, supporting gay "marriage"......as if every single Democrat support this.

We know that the lion's share of the Dems' most blindly faithful voting block vehemently opposed this.

And how many times has Obama flip-flopped on this issue?

Didn't Joe Biden vote for the Defense of Marriage Act, as a senator? And which president signed it into law?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 09:18:34 AM »
What happens when people don't have these so-called "epiphanies"? Notice that the media LOVES to play up a Republican, supporting gay "marriage"......as if every single Democrat support this.

We know that the lion's share of the Dems' most blindly faithful voting block vehemently opposed this.

And how many times has Obama flip-flopped on this issue?

Didn't Joe Biden vote for the Defense of Marriage Act, as a senator? And which president signed it into law?

These guys are flakes, no doubt about it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 09:31:27 AM »
Of course he should have been open to the idea from the outset as it only makes logical sense to support it, but at least he has now had his epiphany.  Sometimes it has to hit close to home for people to wake up.  Good for him at least.

I just find it hilarious how quickly they abandon their firmly held religious beliefs as soon as it effects them personally.   I wonder how many fundies have secretly gotten an abortion

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 09:34:47 AM »
Your argument on gun control is stupid.  If someone is shot to pieces, chances are it was because someone broke into your house and you were unarmed or had no way of defending yourself. 

those kids at Sandy Hook were literally dismembered by being shot multiple times and I think if one of those kids was Rob Portmans precious little grandchild he would suddenly be in favor of some of the very modest proposals being suggested

I think we should have shown the photos of the carnage in that school on TV and in every paper

If we can handle guns in this country then we can handle looking at the photos of the effects of using those guns

I assume no one on this board would have a problem with that

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 09:39:56 AM »
I just find it hilarious how quickly they abandon their firmly held religious beliefs as soon as it effects them personally.   I wonder how many fundies have secretly gotten an abortion

You mean like Obama, abandoning his faith?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 09:42:55 AM »
You mean like Obama, abandoning his faith?

the only difference is that it was driven by selfishness due to now having it personally effect his own family

Portman finds out his son is gay and suddenly wants HIS CHILD to have the same opportunities as others.   That's why he had a change of heart

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 09:44:29 AM »
the only difference is that it was driven by selfishness due to now having it personally effect his own family

Portman finds out his son is gay and suddenly wants HIS CHILD to have the same opportunities as others.   That's why he had a change of heart

And this wasn't driven by selfishiness? Obama gets told by his gay benefactors that they ain't coughing up their cash, unless he goes full-bore on gay "marriage". Then, he supposedly evolves in support of it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 09:48:10 AM »
And this wasn't driven by selfishiness? Obama gets told by his gay benefactors that they ain't coughing up their cash, unless he goes full-bore on gay "marriage". Then, he supposedly evolves in support of it.

ok, if you want to believe that Obama only had a change of heart to get donors to give him money then go right ahead

I know you're still in the grieving and rationalization process over the last election

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 09:48:20 AM »
those kids at Sandy Hook were literally dismembered by being shot multiple times and I think if one of those kids was Rob Portmans precious little grandchild he would suddenly be in favor of some of the very modest proposals being suggested

I think we should have shown the photos of the carnage in that school on TV and in every paper

If we can handle guns in this country then we can handle looking at the photos of the effects of using those guns

I assume no one on this board would have a problem with that
What does showing pictures of dead children do for someone who wants to defend his home with a gun where the nearest police or law enforcement official is in another county, 20 miles away?  

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 09:49:02 AM »
Since when has there been any correlation between gay marriage and gun violence?  Of course, you have to use one to support the other in a lame emotional appeal completely devoid of logic.

So a Republican abandons his position and takes up another because it hit close to home.  So what, really?  The voting base of each respective party does not necessarily reflect their party's stances on gay marriage among many other things.  Blacks and Catholic Hispanics, which make up a big swathe of the Democratic bloc, vehemently oppose gay marriage.  Many Republicans, especially those that consider themselves Libertarian, support gay marriage or are merely indifferent to the issue.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 09:49:44 AM »

Obama was selfish for pandering to the religious by claiming to be against gay marriage.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 09:52:06 AM »
ok, if you want to believe that Obama only had a change of heart to get donors to give him money then go right ahead

I know you're still in the grieving and rationalization process over the last election

Dead wrong, again, Straw. I'm in the "I told you so" phase, watching Obama and his policies fail to deliver anything but pain and dysfunction. Thus far, he's way ahead of schedule.

You're chirping about people, changing their long-held religious belief, out of convenience. Yet, your beloved Obama did the exact same thing. His opposition to gay "marriage" in 2008 was for RELIGIOUS REASONS.

As usual, you make excuses for Obama, when his hypocrisy and utter failure to deliver what he advertised come to the forefront.

The only difference between him and Portman is one did so for political expeidence and the other for personal one (though, one could argue that Portman is doing this for policital reasons, too).

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 09:54:06 AM »
Dead wrong, again, Straw. I'm in the "I told you so" phase, watching Obama and his policies fail to deliver anything but pain and dysfunction. Thus far, he's way ahead of schedule.

You're chirping about people, changing their long-held religious belief, out of convenience. Yet, your beloved Obama did the exact same thing.

The only difference between him and Portman is one did so for political expeidence and the other for personal one (though, one could argue that Portman is doing this for policital reasons, too).

Obama all along supported gay marriage, the ruse is that he claimed to be against it on religious grounds.  Obama is not a religious person and uses religion as a tool.  Perhaps that enrages you more, I don`t know.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 09:56:12 AM »
Obama all along supported gay marriage, the ruse is that he claimed to be against it on religious grounds.  Obama is not a religious person and uses religion as a tool.  Perhaps that enrages you more, I don`t know.

That means you and Straw voted for a bald-faced LIAR!! Color me shocked!!!  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 09:56:32 AM »
What does showing pictures of dead children do for someone who wants to defend his home with a gun where the nearest police or law enforcement official is in another county, 20 miles away?  

nothing being proposed would prevent you or anyone from defending their home with a gun

I assume you know this

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 09:57:22 AM »
nothing being proposed would prevent you or anyone from defending their home with a gun

I assume you know this
I want an extended magazine and an assault rifle in case I have to deal with multiple intruders.  They want to take that away. I assume you know this.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 09:58:09 AM »
Since when has there been any correlation between gay marriage and gun violence?  Of course, you have to use one to support the other in a lame emotional appeal completely devoid of logic.

So a Republican abandons his position and takes up another because it hit close to home.  So what, really?  The voting base of each respective party does not necessarily reflect their party's stances on gay marriage among many other things.  Blacks and Catholic Hispanics, which make up a big swathe of the Democratic bloc, vehemently oppose gay marriage.  Many Republicans, especially those that consider themselves Libertarian, support gay marriage or are merely indifferent to the issue.

never said their was one

did you really think that I was making that point

let me make it as clear as possible

the point I was making is that Repubs seem to have no problem reversing their long held beliefs on issues as soon at is PERSONALLY EFFECTS THEM

that was my point

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 09:58:20 AM »
That means you and Straw voted for a bald-faced LIAR!! Color me shocked!!!  ::)
As did you with Romney.  What else is new?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 10:00:27 AM »
As did you with Romney.  What else is new?

Wrong again, I didn't vote for Romney, based on any alleged deception.

YOU, claimed Obama was lying from jump, back in 2008. And, YOU voted for him TWICE.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 10:00:47 AM »
I want an extended magazine and an assault rifle in case I have to deal with multiple intruders.  They want to take that away. I assume you know this.

are you expecting an assault on your fortress

you can have as many guns as you want and you'll have no problem defending yourself against the mob you seem to be expecting

I can't recall any cases (perhaps you know of some) where extended magazines were needed to defend ones self of home

On the other hand we have examples at least a few times a year where these extended magazines allow nuts to massacre many people in a matter of seconds

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 10:04:47 AM »
are you expecting an assault on your fortress

you can have as many guns as you want and you'll have no problem defending yourself against the mob you seem to be expecting

I can't recall any cases (perhaps you know of some) where extended magazines were needed to defend ones self of home

On the other hand we have examples at least a few times a year where these extended magazines allow nuts to massacre many people in a matter of seconds
Home invasions with multiple intruders happen on a daily basis.  Most Home Invasions in fact occur with multiple intruders. 

http://www.kcra.com/news/3-wounded-one-intruder-dead-in-Sacramento-home-invasion/-/11797728/17875642/-/2o7y1hz/-/index.html

3 wounded, one intruder dead in Sacramento home invasion
Police: Homeowner exchanged gunfire with intruders

UPDATED 2:35 PM PST Dec 23, 2012

(Dec. 22, 2012)

Leticia Ordaz/KCRA 3
VIEW LARGE
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) —Sacramento police are investigating a home invasion robbery on Haven Court that left one intruder dead and three others injured on Saturday.

Police have arrested Thomas Ordonaz, 21. He is charged with assault with a deadly weapon and accessory after the fact.

The incident happened at 3:30 a.m. in the Pocket neighborhood.

Investigators said during the course of the robbery, gunfire was exchanged and total of four people were shot.

Police confirmed one man, who was an intruder, died at the scene; three others were transported to the hospital and are expected to be OK.

At this time, Sacramento police will not release the identity of the shooter or victims.

Several frantic parents showed up to the crime scene to find the street shut down for the investigation.

One man who did not want to be identified said his 12-year-old had spent the night at the house and was there when the shooting took place.

He was waiting to pick him up.

A woman came by to pick up a 1-year-old boy in the home.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/3-wounded-one-intruder-dead-in-Sacramento-home-invasion/-/11797728/17875642/-/2o7y1hz/-/index.html#ixzz2Nd3SchGY