Author Topic: Ali speaks out against Race Mixing and yet he himself is mixed??  (Read 1602 times)

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
While I agree with Ali I find it interesting that he is the product of racial mixing. Wonder why he would take this stance then?

Birth Name:

Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr.

Birth Place:

Louisville, Kentucky, United States

What Race or Ethnicity?:

African American, Irish, English, Italian

Muhammad Ali is a legendary boxer and considered the greatest heavyweight fighter in the history of the sport. He is the descendant of pre-Civil War era American slaves in the South. An article from the BBC states that Ali had an Irish great grandfather named Abe Grady who married an African American woman in the 1860s.

His great-great-grandfather, Armstead S. Morehead, was caucasian, and had English ancestry. Through this great-great-grandfather, Muhammad is also descended from Bartholomew Taliaferro, an Italian from the 1500s

Source:

http://www.wargs.com/other/ali.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/1810535.stm

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: Ali speaks out against Race Mixing and yet he himself is mixed??
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 09:31:24 PM »
Ali grew up in the deep South, so what would you expect during his generation?

Anyway, people who are intrigued by culture tend to adapt in long-term interrical marriages.  My folks have been together for 42 years.    

Fucking Afro and Nordic make a hella of combo.  :o

Right, Kwon-2  ::)

Afro and Brasilian

:o :o

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 10:17:35 PM »
Ali grew up in the deep South, so what would you expect during his generation?

Anyway, people who are intrigued by culture tend to adapt in long-term interrical marriages.  My folks have been together for 42 years.    

Fucking Afro and Nordic make a hella of combo.  :o

Right, Kwon-2  ::)

Afro and Brasilian

:o :o
Not bad I will agree. So long as all the races survive I am fine with some mixing here and there. But for diversity to continue we need all the different races in sufficient numbers. Problem is there are now too many non-whites as a percentage which will threaten the balance.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 01:26:11 PM »
Ali changed his beliefs and stances as time wore on.  He's embraced his Irish heritage and sought out his long lost relatives from Ireland in the past.

Besides, African-Americans on average are only 70% African.  Around 28% Euro and 2% Native American.