Author Topic: Sen. Rand Paul introduces ‘fetal personhood’ bill to outlaw abortion  (Read 615 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
By Eric W. Dolan
Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:25 EDT

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) on Friday introduced so-called “fetal personhood” legislation that would completely outlaw abortion in the United States.

The Life at Conception Act would declare that human life began at conception, providing fertilized eggs with the same legal status as born persons.

“The Life at Conception Act legislatively declares what most Americans believe and what science has long known – that human life begins at the moment of conception, and therefore is entitled to legal protection from that point forward,” Paul said in a statement. “ The right to life is guaranteed to all Americans in the Declaration of Independence and ensuring this is upheld is the Constitutional duty of all Members of Congress.”

In a fundraising video for the National Pro-Life Alliance last year, the Republican senator explained that the bill would outlaw abortion without contradicting the Supreme Court’s landmark Roe v. Wade decision. Citing the ruling, Paul claimed Congress had the power to define when human life began under the 14th Amendment to the Constitution.

more
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/17/sen-rand-paul-introduces-fetal-personhood-bill-to-outlaw-abortion/

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
sign 'em up for a Social Security number and then start taxing the fetus.
there's no such thing a free lunch, kid; even if you are still attached to the umbilical cord.  At this point your a taker not a maker.
w

Skip8282

• Getbig V
-1 for Rand.

But, overall, I'm still seeing a lot more good coming from Rand than bad.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Crap i really liked his filibuster.

What a shame.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
What a stupid, polarizing idea.

That being said; it's always nice when people tell you their agenda is more important than political progress or anything else going on in the world.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Why Rand, why......... Jumping on the Republican bandwagon of worthless issues meant only to divide the country.....

drkaje

• Getbig V
Why Rand, why......... Jumping on the Republican bandwagon of worthless issues meant only to divide the country.....

They care more about their idea of what the country should be than what it actually is. In this way they're no different from Democrats.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!

I wouldn't be surprised if the put it out there for "bona-fides" and then dropped it completely.

I don't like it either but it is what it is.

Skip8282

• Getbig V

Doubt it.  You have to judge him as a whole.  No politician will share 100% of your views.

drkaje

• Getbig V

Doubt it.  You have to judge him as a whole.  No politician will share 100% of your views.

If a person has one overriding agenda, it's easy to determine if their values are consistent with yours.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
If a person has one overriding agenda, it's easy to determine if their values are consistent with yours.

You talking about Rand or in general?  I can't think of a politician that I've come across who has 'one overriding agenda'.

drkaje

• Getbig V

You talking about Rand or in general?  I can't think of a politician that I've come across who has 'one overriding agenda'.

In general.

In the bigger picture, I don't believe most people earn the amount of money where an administration change affects their life.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Which getbiggers LIKE this move by Rand, and can offer good reasons why he should introduce this bill?

drkaje

• Getbig V
Which getbiggers LIKE this move by Rand, and can offer good reasons why he should introduce this bill?

It's really pretty simple: The country is a huge mess and Republicans don't want a sinking ship.