Author Topic: I think the coach maybe onto something, lower back pain is from too tight glutes  (Read 2095 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
how many experts agree.

from standing for very long periods of time everyday it seems like its a tightness in my lower back but then if i lay on some hardwood floors with all my weight shifted on certain regions of the glutes sometimes i feel pressure points between where my leg connects to my glute

sometimes this seems to releive back pain when you put all your weight on that spot on a hard floor

maybe the coach is right that back pains are from tight glutes?
A

jodsy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
dont listen its a ploy of his to get men to let him finger their asses

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

big jodsy bringing the gay
A

jodsy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
big jodsy bringing the gay
what if you were a confrontational hispanic runner up?

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
I have 4 regular clients today that come for lower back/glute/posterior pelvis work. All have ultra tight glute max/min and especially piriformis.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
I have 4 regular clients today that come for lower back/glute/posterior pelvis work. All have ultra tight glute max/min and especially piriformis.

In my common sensical approach to matters in life i would theorize that putting pressure on areas of tightness or pain is key to getting things back to normal? And some good stretchin
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
I have never had any lower back pain and have done heavy squats for years and years ass to ground, no other way.  No idea if this is related, but I can tell you that never once have I had any back issues or injuries related to lower back.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
In my common sensical approach to matters in life i would theorize that putting pressure on areas of tightness or pain is key to getting things back to normal? And some good stretchin

Interesting you should say this, I focus my work on placing focused pressure on both the insertion and origin points of said muscles, along with various points through the belly. Is successful in relieving pain in about 80-90% of people.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
I have never had any lower back pain and have done heavy squats for years and years ass to ground, no other way.  No idea if this is related, but I can tell you that never once have I had any back issues or injuries related to lower back.

its a tightness im sure its because i stand alot and weigh alot. its all that holds me back from lifting respectable weight off the ground

you probably recover quiker releiving pressure cause your leaner im guessing so you never breach the point of that tightness maybe
A

Costanza

• Getbig IV
its a tightness im sure its because i stand alot and weigh alot. its all that holds me back from lifting respectable weight off the ground

you probably recover quiker releiving pressure cause your leaner im guessing so you never breach the point of that tightness maybe

Standing for long periods + excess weight doesn't help, but it's not the only cause. Even lean, light-framed people have trouble. I find those that sit for extended periods of time have some of the worst lower back/glute tightness. Their sacroiliac joint tends to jam and they have all sorts of trouble.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

Yah, being heavier can really strain the lower back.  Most people who do have lower back pain do have weight issues of one kind or another.  Over time, it wears on the body and throws everything else out of balance.  You ever go out and see all the fatso shuffling around, teeter-tottering when they walk, bumbling about like Zombies?  They weren`t always doing the Zombie Shuffle its just that they have been so fat for so long, their bodies are in bad shape and it is struggling to compensate.  

Costanza

• Getbig IV
Yah, being heavier can really strain the lower back.  Most people who do have lower back pain do have weight issues of one kind or another.  Over time, it wears on the body and throws everything else out of balance.  You ever go out and see all the fatso shuffling around, teeter-tottering when they walk, bumbling about like Zombies?  They weren`t always doing the Zombie Shuffle its just that they have been so fat for so long, their bodies are in bad shape and it is struggling to compensate.  

True. Over time that excess weight not only has a direct impact on the whole lumbar/gluteal region, but their gait cycle alters due to this and then hips, knees and ankles start playing up.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace

Wait a second, you speak too fast. From what I gather you imply that Coach 'plays the trombone' with male clients and sniff his own tongue afterwards?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Seems James28 and Jodsy come from the thinking that if you have a headache just drill a hole in the top of your head to let the demons out and the pain would go away, otherwise they might have some reasonable contribution to this thread.

JF, post the PM I sent you.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
i strained my back once from visualizing heavy squats

Pericles

• Getbig II
Your back pain is being caused from being stuck in APT. Hamstrings are lengthened and hip flexors shortened, rip cage is in an anterior tilt as well. Don't stretch the hams. Work on hip mobility and strengthening your pelvic floor. The glutes are not tight lmao

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
how many experts agree.

from standing for very long periods of time everyday it seems like its a tightness in my lower back but then if i lay on some hardwood floors with all my weight shifted on certain regions of the glutes sometimes i feel pressure points between where my leg connects to my glute

sometimes this seems to releive back pain when you put all your weight on that spot on a hard floor

Hang daily from a chin bar or rafter when the pain hits Johnny you got to get the vertabrae off the nerve ending add weight if possible on the calves.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
how many experts agree.

deep tissue glute massage 
A

Costanza

• Getbig IV
Your back pain is being caused from being stuck in APT. Hamstrings are lengthened and hip flexors shortened, rip cage is in an anterior tilt as well. Don't stretch the hams. Work on hip mobility and strengthening your pelvic floor. The glutes are not tight lmao
Exactly. The Iliopsoas shorten, causing an exaggerated anterior pull. Hard to tell people though that their lower back pain is likely caused by muscles in the abdominal region.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Hang daily from a chin bar or rafter when the pain hits Johnny you got to get the vertabrae off the nerve ending add weight if possible on the calves.

that never worked for me, sure it feels kinda good but didnt work

but i agree with putting more weight on the calves thats while i like to do squats while on my toes
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

whats APT mean
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
I agree, all of this could be a factor. I do disagree not to stretch hamstrings though but without an assessment of asymmetries, it's hard to tell. Piraformis is big factor when it comes to hamstring tightness as IT. To address any asymmetries, before they train with us we screen on the FMS, we found it a solid way of detecting any asymmetries and helps us design the program. Bottomline, tons of soft-tissue work.

slate

• Getbig IV
lower back pain due tight hamstrings? really ? wow never heard that one before from a chiro/physio, in my 15 years of dealing with my own chronic back pain due to lifting.

, you should publish -maybe in "Physio therapy review letters" or "Chiropractic bromide reports"  ;D ;D

you guys are so fucking ignorant that it hurts (not my back, my brain)

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
Coach, will you send me the same PM you sent JF...I have lots of low back pain as well.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
lower back pain due tight hamstrings? really ? wow never heard that one before from a chiro/physio, in my 15 years of dealing with my own chronic back pain due to lifting.

, you should publish -maybe in "Physio therapy review letters" or "Chiropractic bromide reports"  ;D ;D

you guys are so fucking ignorant that it hurts (not my back, my brain)

maybe do a little research. you'd be surprised on what you may learn ::) I'd be willing to bet that you're chiro hasn't taken into consideration that most muscular back pain is due to a weak or inactive psoas. But I guess you already knew that...right?

If you've had back pain for 15 years and you have had the same chrio for 15 years, maybe it's your chrio.