Author Topic: British Census: Islam is the fastest growing religion  (Read 2469 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
British Census: Islam is the fastest growing religion
« on: March 19, 2013, 08:31:26 PM »
December 14, 2012

By Imaan Ali,

London: New census data has been released in UK and it has some new facts:
-Islam is the fastest growing religion in UK
-Islam is the second largest religion after Christianity
-Indians are the largest ethnic minority
-Christianity is on rapid decline.

The census is held every 10 years in UK and the latest was conducted in 2011, whose results were made public this week. The facts are based on how people identify themselves in terms of religion and racial ethnicity. Although it is contested that not everyone may be what they identify themselves as especially when it comes to racial ethnicity.

The census was based on 56.07 million people, and 33.7 million people identified them as Christians, whereas the number of self-identifying Muslims rose to 2.7 million, that is a rise from 3% to 4.8% of the population in last 10 years.

The Muslim Council of Britain has welcomed the result, saying Muslims were playing “a significant part in the increasing diversity of Britain.”

Islam’s 2.7 million adherents make it the second-largest religion in England and Wales, far ahead of Hinduism (817,000), Sikhism (423,000), Buddhism (248,000) and Judaism (263,000). The other fringe religions are pagan, pantheist, wiccan, satanist, druid, “Jedi Knight” and others.

This comes after the latest U.S. Religion Census that was released on May 1, 2012, which also found Islam as the fastest growing religion in America. The data for the census was compiled by the Association of Statisticians of American Religious Bodies, and the results were released by the Association of Religion Data Archives.  From the year 2000 to the year 2010, the census found that the number of Muslims living inside the United States increased by about 1 million to 2.6 million – a stunning increase of 66.7 percent.

Thus Islam is the fastest growing religion in both US and UK according to the latest  census reports announced this year. No wonder Barack Obama had recently said ’we are no longer a Christian country’. He wasn’t much off the mark.

The biggest surprise of UK census was the phenomenal increase of people who said they do not follow any religion and they increased from 7.7 million to 14.4 million almost doubling in last decade, which means more then quarter of people identify themselves as adhering to no religion. The assumption is that majority of these people identified earlier as Christians. This resulted in decrease in Christian’s population from 7r% to 59% in last decade alone.

In the U.S., by contrast, a 2007 Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life survey found 16.1 percent of respondents identified as “unaffiliated” with any particular religion.

Major Christian denomination put up a brave face saying that most of the people who identified as Christians are practising one rather than the ones who associate themselves as ‘cultural christians’.
The results of the UK 2011 census released this week apply to England and Wales only. Separate data from Scotland will be published shortly.

-Discuss
#

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: British Census: Islam is the fastest growing religion
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:35:57 PM »
No religion is the best religion.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:36:54 PM »
-Discuss
Start by castrating the whore Tony Blair for being a good puppet and flooding his nation with these Muslim immigrants. 500,000 (Not all Muslims of course) per year!!

Heads need to roll and the "Crusaders" need to push these Muslims into the Channel.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 08:38:01 PM »
Why would anyone become Muslim?

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 08:40:53 PM »
It offers an alternative to the monotony of daily life. Gutter religion for people who can't think on thier own. Children who need a dad

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 08:58:24 PM »
Why would anyone become Muslim?
Stupidity ! Which is about as common as Muslims.
V

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 05:25:28 AM »
this is the end
T

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 05:26:01 AM »
If you remove forced conversions.... What are the numbers? Assmed? Bigdummy? Sheriff Shelabedbug?
$

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 05:34:23 AM »
Death to all Muslims!

(Beside Big_Ach, Getbigs own Toucan)

MikMaq

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 05:39:17 AM »
You guys are fucking idiots, most muslims leave the middle east to get the fuck away from birka wearing nutjobs not the other way around.

You fools are fucking stupid.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 05:57:48 AM »
I just finished a book about this very subject. It talks about how Christianity is becoming somewhat of a punch line as people get "smarter" and fall away from religion. Thus, there is a vaccum that needs to be filled, and Islam is the "new" thing. That's oversimplifying it, but I believe it to be true. Also, with how people are afraid to mock Allah or Muhammad, because of fear of being killed, but it's nothing to see Jesus being made fun of on SNL. I am not religious, but see the value in Christianity during these times.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 06:04:23 AM »
Islam is forced in the family, not a choice for individuals.
I am a mini beast

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 07:47:42 PM »
just like cancer

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »
You guys are fucking idiots, most muslims leave the middle east to get the fuck away from birka wearing nutjobs not the other way around.

You fools are fucking stupid.
Shut your pie hole REtard!

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 05:35:56 AM »
According to Sigmund Freud religion is an illusion based on a mass delusion; one big mental disease.

Where the individual tries to deal with their neurosis by replacing them by a single mass psychosis.

So according to the father of modern psychology all these people are mentally diseased psychotics.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 06:05:15 AM »
According to Sigmund Freud religion is an illusion based on a mass delusion; one big mental disease.

Where the individual tries to deal with their neurosis by replacing them by a single mass psychosis.

So according to the father of modern psychology all these people are mentally diseased psychotics.

"I have found little that is "good" about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all. That is something that you cannot say aloud, or perhaps even think."

Sigmund Freud

V

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 08:58:05 AM »
"I have found little that is "good" about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all. That is something that you cannot say aloud, or perhaps even think."

Sigmund Freud

I agree, that is one of my favourite quotes.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 02:13:28 PM »
Psychology, except for behavioral/experimental, is all garbage. And this is from someone who went to college and has a degree in psych.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 02:31:39 PM »
Psychology, except for behavioral/experimental, is all garbage. And this is from someone who went to college and has a degree in psych.

Haha yes.
I was thinking about going to study psychology after high school as I excelled in psycho courses in hs.
BUT then my father said; no, you are going to get a real education  ;D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 01:22:33 AM »
Haha yes.
I was thinking about going to study psychology after high school as I excelled in psycho courses in hs.
BUT then my father said; no, you are going to get a real education  ;D

Yes my friend. I will see you win at st. Petersburg. It was once Finnish territory!