Author Topic: CAVs blow lead over Miami Heat 55 to 34 at Halftime, lose at buzzer  (Read 7348 times)

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
Re: CAVs blow lead over Miami Heat 55 to 34 at Halftime, lose at buzzer
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 11:26:57 PM »
All-star team ? LOLOLOL.

Hes got Wade, Bosh isnt shit....and a  bunch of role players.  Monster letting your hate of a fucking basketball player push you to the point of posting absolute horseshit.
Three Hall of Famers on the 72-10 Bulls Team, but hey Jordan did it on his own according to G-thang.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 11:29:14 PM »
James led the shitty cavs to 1 NBA finals??? And 2 straight eastern conf championship games?? With a sorry mike brown And no players... Didn't they also have the best record in the NBA the last 2 seasons he was there And the year he left the Cavs had the worst record in the league that year

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 11:36:14 PM »
lol at forgetting hall of famer dennis rodman..I guess you can just pick and chose which Bulls team you wanna show, not the best one.

he said the 1st championship.  was rodman on that team?  again, even with rodman, the bulls had two defensive guys, he and pippen, not offensive juggernauts.  on top of that, THEY DIDN'T PLAY A LEAGUE FULL OF FUCKING HIGH SCHOOLERS LIKE NOW!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 11:39:53 PM »
he said the 1st championship.  was rodman on that team?  again, even with rodman, the bulls had two defensive guys, he and pippen, not offensive juggernauts.  on top of that, THEY DIDN'T PLAY A LEAGUE FULL OF FUCKING HIGH SCHOOLERS LIKE NOW!

Players are bigger, stronger and faster now. You have 14 year Olds that can do all Jordans slams.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 11:44:20 PM »
Players are bigger, stronger and faster now. You have 14 year Olds that can do all Jordans slams.

with all the foreign players coming to the NBA, and the internet connecting unknown high school stars to blue chip schools... with better nutrition, steroids, training, etc...

I agree the *average* player in 2013 is better than the average player in 1987. 

That being said, Jordan would probably find a way to single-handedly lead his team to a win over Lebron, but it wouldn't be a blowout.

As far as teams go... BJ armstrong vs Chalmers?   Cartwright vs Bosh?  Wade vs Jordan with Lebron covering Pippen?   I think I'd have to give it to Bulls... cause Pippen > Wade as the #2 option goes.  At least at this point in Wade's career.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 11:49:56 PM »
with all the foreign players coming to the NBA, and the internet connecting unknown high school stars to blue chip schools... with better nutrition, steroids, training, etc...

I agree the *average* player in 2013 is better than the average player in 1987.  

That being said, Jordan would probably find a way to single-handedly lead his team to a win over Lebron, but it wouldn't be a blowout.

As far as teams go... BJ armstrong vs Chalmers?   Cartwright vs Bosh?  Wade vs Jordan with Lebron covering Pippen?   I think I'd have to give it to Bulls... cause Pippen > Wade as the #2 option goes.  At least at this point in Wade's career.

I'm glad you noticed this, 240.  Yeah, athletically, as far as dunks, tattoos  and jumping in the stands to fight fans, it watchable, but technically, it isn't a palatable league, because of bullshit skills by high schoolers, who should have gone to college.

like i said, if OKC is a high 3 pt excuting team, then the league is JUNK!  when i think of 3 pt teams, i think of Bird and the Celtics.

JUNK LEAGUE!  And I'm glad I'm missing their hall of fame careers.  it looks like MLS on the hard-wood now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 12:07:46 AM »
i was glued to the tv during the bulls' championship runs... living in cleveland the year we ALMOST got to the finals... took it to game 7 against Jordan... nobody thought we'd win game 6.  Jordan wasn't as great as people remember... he was average for a lot of games, he was spoiled rotten by the referees...

i watched WGN for most of Jordan's career, watched probably 75% of his career... what was best about him wasn't his skill set (they were awesome) - but was that pissed off, chip on shoulder, cold blooded willingness to do anything to win. 

SO much of jordan was made-for-tv.   Before the internet age (like when you believed everything FLEX mag told ya because there was no getbig yet).   I'll never forget that slow-mo NBC footage of a winning jordan heroically pointing his finger at some abstract point in the crowd... like, who does this?  but it was majestic television.  It was what the league needed.  He was great, lebron is great.  One-on-one, lebron is physically superior.  But in the Finals, jordan got it done.  Lebron lost badly and almost lost last year.  They both have their flaws.  I *probably* think Kobe should get the nod over both of them, as much as I dislike him.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 12:09:33 AM »
I'm glad you noticed this, 240.  Yeah, athletically, as far as dunks, tattoos  and jumping in the stands to fight fans, it watchable, but technically, it isn't a palatable league, because of bullshit skills by high schoolers, who should have gone to college.

like i said, if OKC is a high 3 pt excuting team, then the league is JUNK!  when i think of 3 pt teams, i think of Bird and the Celtics.

JUNK LEAGUE!  And I'm glad I'm missing their hall of fame careers.  it looks like MLS on the hard-wood now.

During the Alan Iverson- shorts down to the ankles-era, i would agree 100%. The league has improved the product since then IMO and i watch again.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 12:11:48 AM »
yeah today's fads include fake big frame glasses without lenses.

imagine how this trend will be mocked in 10 years.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 12:33:47 AM »
yeah today's fads include fake big frame glasses without lenses.

imagine how this trend will be mocked in 10 years.

Ha ha.

I have no bias towards either guy. Jordan was GREAT, i watched him play in his prime. Sick athlete, great skills,and would kill your mother to win. Also was the first sports MEGA star with marketing and ESPN hype, and the Nike machine....it was a different time, and its commonplace now. And man, did that guy get the calls..LOL. everyone remembers the jumper he buried to win his last championship, nobody remembers he pushed off the defender so hard he put him on his ass

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 06:27:10 AM »
G_Thang ... you do understand they are no longer allowing high-schoolers in the league, right ?? Hahaha. They haven't been doing that for quite some time. So knock it off with the stupid " high-school " comments. It makes NO sense.

Anyways, Lebron is on a level of his own. Just incredible to watch. Better than Jordan though ? Nah. I don't think so. But pretty good, nontheless.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 06:47:07 AM »
I remember watching Jordan as a kid, and though he was good at best, im watching lebron as a adult and think he will kill jordan.

MJ was overhyped. all his dunk are done today but the 2nd draft picks.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 06:53:46 AM »
I remember watching Jordan as a kid, and though he was good at best, im watching lebron as a adult and think he will kill jordan.

MJ was overhyped. all his dunk are done today but the 2nd draft picks.

Lebron would step on Jordan's head on the way to the basket. progress is a motherfucker

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 01:55:21 PM »
Lebron would step on Jordan's head on the way to the basket. progress is a motherfucker

I know this, the athletes today are much better then they were 20 years ago, no joke when i was watching the Bulls play i would see all the hype/highlights on MJ but then when i watched a 48 minute game he was fairly average, he bricked many fadeaways. he never really dominated like they wish you to believe.

he did not steamroll through the competition like lebron did, i have nothing against jordan but the fact is lebron is better, and athletes progress. Lebron is also a better person.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 04:10:39 PM »
Lebron is also a better person.

are you saying jordan was a bully who punched people?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 04:39:51 PM »
are you saying jordan was a bully who punched people?

Im saying a jumping over Craig Ehlo for a game winner is not real a great achievment, game winners happen every week, from halfway, 3pt fadeways etc, just because the announcers SCREAM to the top of there lungs "BULLS WIN" doesnt make it a supernatural play.  Jordan wasnt as super as they make it out, he did amazing things, like dunking off a free throw miss, but you know what, Robert horry did the same thing yet its never mentioned.

I remember jordan picked off a pass in a game against the spurs, as he crossed halfway to dunk it, the bulls announcers states "this is why his the best player ever" Really?? Russell westbrook does it every game.

Jordan hit big shots, Horry hit them too. Jordan was marketable but take away the hype and he was just a like Vernon Maxwell without the 3pt shot, just a more faster.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 05:45:49 PM »
big shot bob.   droppin loads on every team in the finals.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 06:02:17 PM »
During the Alan Iverson- shorts down to the ankles-era, i would agree 100%. The league has improved the product since then IMO and i watch again.
Allen Iverson was very skilled, and showed more heart than Lebron ever will. he had to, he's 5'10 in a league of 6 footers. The problem with Allen Iverson, was that he was too much thug, and let that life control him. He had more potential than any of the top guys today. Not even Thompson at Georgetown could channel his talent...a damn wild bronco who prided himself in not conforming, and now look at him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2013, 06:43:22 PM »
iverson was a star in the regular season but got beat to crap in the playoffs.   lucked his way to finals and after the lakers discovered his formula in year one, they won the next 4.

plus didn't he have some stars on that team with him?  Was AI there yet?  

He was just the derrick rose of 2001... amazing skills but too light to fight, too small to ball.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 06:50:35 PM »
iverson was a star in the regular season but got beat to crap in the playoffs.   lucked his way to finals and after the lakers discovered his formula in year one, they won the next 4.

plus didn't he have some stars on that team with him?  Was AI there yet?  

He was just the derrick rose of 2001... amazing skills but too light to fight, too small to ball.
Iverson would constantly take it to the hole against the big centers, whereas his team mates would stand around and do nothing. His cross over was crazy...and he would take some crazy shots, that would somehow go in. But, with the playoffs---he burned out. He was getting banged up, sacrificing his body too much for too little of a gain. No real strategy...

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2013, 07:18:14 PM »
240 is correct and my friend Parker is also right.

I side with 240 on this a little more, Iverson never believed in his teammates.

Lebron has heart, if anything he has the biggest heart, ofcourse Iverson had heart, but even Bobby Hurley had heart, Royce white has no heart and neither does D. Rose. it really does not matter, the proof is in the play not on how much heart you think someone has.

Iverson would always drive in cause his jumper was shaky at best, he had awesome speed, yes his like Derrick Rose whom i dont really rate that much, im not a fan of point guards that shoot too much, they dont really win rings.

back to lebron, is he better then jordan one on one, we dont know till they play, and its a non issue cause it will never happen anyway. I really hope lebron wins 6 rings, its the only way we could flatout say lebron was really better.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2013, 07:38:53 PM »
I think 5 rings in the 2010 decade > 6 rings in the 1990 decade.    EASILY.  Quality of competition has changed so much.   Athletes are bigger and better.