Author Topic: Because you voted for it - ObamaCare to hike premiums by up to 200% -  (Read 6564 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Congressional Report: Obamacare Leads to Skyrocketing Premiums, 200 Percent Possible
Wednesday, 20 Mar 2013 03:39 PM

By Jim Meyers

An exhaustive study by three congressional committees delivers startling news about the dire effects of Obamacare: President Barack Obama’s signature legislation could increase health insurance premiums by over 200 percent and render insurance coverage unaffordable for millions of Americans.

Broadly, the new report declares that Obamacare “breaks its core promise” to make healthcare coverage affordable.

The report, “The Price of Obamacare’s Broken Promises,” was prepared by the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, Majority Staff; Senate Committee on Finance, Minority Staff; and Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, Minority Staff.

Latest: Should ObamaCare Be Repealed? Vote in Urgent National Poll

“Studies and analyses from the Congressional Budget Office, independent actuaries, state insurance commissioners, health plans, benefit consultants, and others have reached the same conclusion: Obamacare will significantly increase premiums,” the congressional report states.

“Some estimates show some Americans facing startling premium increases of 203 percent because of the law.

“Higher healthcare premiums are the last thing single young adults and working families can afford. Yet contrary to what the president promised, that is exactly what Obamacare is projected to do.”

When Obamacare’s most costly requirements go into effect in 2014, households earning as little as $46,000 a year will receive no premium assistance, yet will be forced to accept “unaffordable” premium increases, according to the report.

The Affordable Care Act will have an especially harsh impact on young Americans ages 21 to 29 — those with individual coverage will see their healthcare premium rise by an average of 189 percent.

The report points to several factors that will result in significantly higher healthcare costs for Americans:

The healthcare reform bill mandates that individuals pay the same premiums regardless of future anticipated medical expenses, leading to sharply increased premium costs for those under 50.
Obamacare requires that individuals purchase coverage that includes a range of “essential” health benefits, including coverage for preventive services, chronic disease management, and rehabilitative services, thereby restricting consumers’ choice in the design of their health plans and adding to their insurance premiums.
The law imposes $165 billion in new taxes and fees on health plans, drug manufacturers, and device makers, and these costs will be largely passed on to consumers in the form of higher premiums. One study cited by the report predicts that Obamacare’s health insurance tax will boost premiums by more than $7,000 over a decade.

The report notes that a number of states have already imposed requirements on health coverage and the result has been fewer choices and higher premiums.

In New York, for example, a 30-year-old male paid an average of $1,200 a year in annual premiums in 1993, but one month after the state passed Obamacare-like reforms, premiums soared to $3,240.

At the time Washington state passed similar reforms, 19 insurance carriers wrote policies for state residents. Within six years, only two carriers remained in the state.

According to the report, even the left-leaning Center for American Progress acknowledged that “Massachusetts along with several other northeastern states passed insurance market reforms similar to those in the Affordable Care Act, eliminating or restricting the ability of insurance companies to discriminate against the ill either in prices or coverage exclusions. The result in each state was very high nongroup insurance prices.”

The congressional report also warns, as others have previously, that Obamacare’s requirement that insurers cover pre-existing conditions will allow many relatively healthy Americans to delay buying insurance until medical attention is needed, thereby leaving less healthy individuals in the insurance pool and raising premiums.

Latest: Should ObamaCare Be Repealed? Vote in Urgent National Poll

The report concludes: “Taking into account empirical evidence from past state-level experiences, as well as future projections, upon implementation Obamacare will make coverage dramatically more expensive and unaffordable for individuals and families.
“In short, Obamacare breaks its core promise to make healthcare coverage affordable as Americans across the country swallow higher premiums. For young adults to middle-class families, higher premiums will soon be the harsh reality of Obamacare.”

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obamacare-healthcare-reform-costs/2013/03/20/id/495564?s=al&promo_code=12E00-1#ixzz2OBFaZvNr
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Purge_WTF

I live in Tax-You-Up-The-Assachusetts where Twit Romney enacted Obomneycare and I might have to pay a penalty for not having health care, because I've been on a temp-to-hire job where they don't give benefits until you're signed on full-time. Good thing I made a ton of money selling my Netflix stock.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
why show cut videos ? nevermind we know why,here's the full video not the cut version from the    stupid party

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/morning-joe/51271265

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
why show cut videos ? nevermind we know why,here's the full video not the cut version from the    stupid party

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/morning-joe/51271265

Just as you showed the full Palin CPAC video.  ::)

BTW, the full video doesn't refute 333386's point one bit. If anything, it reinforces the article he cited.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Just as you showed the full Palin CPAC video.  ::)

BTW, the full video doesn't refute 333386's point one bit. If anything, it reinforces the article he cited.

hahaha 2 minutes of palin or forty minutes of palin,do you really think it makes a difference,oh that's right you thought see would be a good vp  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

hahaha 2 minutes of palin or forty minutes of palin,do you really think it makes a difference,oh that's right you thought see would be a good vp  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Was Palin's full speech 2:40?

If not, then YOU are guilty of the same thing, about which you were whining about 333386 for doing.

And, of course, you dodge the fact that the full MSNBC video with Sebeilius on Morning Joke does ZILCH to refute the article 333386 put up.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Was Palin's full speech 2:40?

If not, then YOU are guilty of the same thing, about which you were whining about 333386 for doing.

And, of course, you dodge the fact that the full MSNBC video with Sebeilius on Morning Joke does ZILCH to refute the article 333386 put up.

there is a difference, his video cut her off before she was finish explaining,it's not surprising you don't  see a difference as you are hannity smart

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
there is a difference, his video cut her off before she was finish explaining,it's not surprising you don't  see a difference as you are hannity smart

And Palin's video was cut off, as well. The entirety of her speech was NOT limited to those 2:40.

Once again, you blubber about the very thing you accuse 333386 of doing. Plus, instead of getting her entire speech from CPAC itself (or a neutral site), you posted a chopped up clip from a left-wing news site.

And, you STILL dodge the fact that Sebellius' droning does ZILCH to counter the numbers from 333386's posts, regarding the premium hikes.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
only a moron would want to listen to more than a few minutes of palin,mmmm nevermind. and she wasn't in the middle of answering a question,see the difference,of course you don't your hannity smart

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
only a moron would want to listen to more than a few minutes of palin,mmmm nevermind. and she wasn't in the middle of answering a question,see the difference,of course you don't your hannity smart

Smart enough to know the difference between "your" and "you're". Try again, Speak-N-Spell boy.

It doesn't matter if she were in the middle of answering a question or not. The context of what she's saying isn't in that short clip.

But, of course, that didn't stop you from misusing it, while flapping your gums about 333386's doing the same. In other words, you make excuses for using a shortened clip by chastising others for doing the same.

And, why is it that you KEEP DUCKING the fact that the full interview STILL DOES NOT refute the numbers 333386 posted?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Hey, foreign dummy, address MCWAY's comment. See below.

And, you STILL dodge the fact that Sebellius' droning does ZILCH to counter the numbers from 333386's posts, regarding the premium hikes.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama promised a 2500 reduction not double digit increases. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Obama promised a 2500 reduction not double digit increases. 
Not only that. He said that a lot of employers would see a 3000% decrease, which means that employers could give their workers a raise.

Lets go to the videotape:

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Smart enough to know the difference between "your" and "you're". Try again, Speak-N-Spell boy.

It doesn't matter if she were in the middle of answering a question or not. The context of what she's saying isn't in that short clip.

But, of course, that didn't stop you from misusing it, while flapping your gums about 333386's doing the same. In other words, you make excuses for using a shortened clip by chastising others for doing the same.

And, why is it that you KEEP DUCKING the fact that the full interview STILL DOES NOT refute the numbers 333386 posted?

The context of what she's saying  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D sorry  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  only the stupid party would think anything that retard says is meaningful    hannity smart  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The context of what she's saying  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D sorry  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  only the stupid party would think anything that retard says is meaningful    hannity smart  ;D

Context my cock.   O-TWINK promised a rate reduction! 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
my premium dropped 200%

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
my premium dropped 200%

An exhaustive study by three congressional committees delivers startling news about the dire effects of Obamacare: President Barack Obama’s signature legislation could increase health insurance premiums by over 200 percent and render insurance coverage unaffordable for millions of Americans.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

doesn't change the fact that my premium went down over 200%

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Your policy is not in compliance w CrackheadCare. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Your policy is not in compliance w CrackheadCare. 

how would you know

did you ever even look into the insurance info I sent you or did you just ignore it and decide to keep crying like a baby with diaper rash

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Mine went up at least 5%; that of 333386 went up way more than that.

So, even by this weak premise of yours, ObamaCare is a bust.

This is the part where you mention where Obama and his cronies that just a handful of people would have their premiums, reduced by 200%.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The context of what she's saying  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D sorry  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  only the stupid party would think anything that retard says is meaningful    hannity smart  ;D

I'm sorry, Speak-N-Spell boy. Where's the part where Sebelius gives us the data, that refutes the increases in premiums again?

That's the entire premise of your blubbering about 333386's use of a partial video. Yet, when I point out how YOU used a partial video of Palin (from a far-left British newspaper, no less), you cluck and duck like the senseless, grammatically/phonetically-challenged goofball you are.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Mine went up at least 5%; that of 333386 went up way more than that.

So, even by this weak premise of yours, ObamaCare is a bust.

This is the part where you mention where Obama and his cronies that just a handful of people would have their premiums, reduced by 200%.

my only premise is that my premium dropped by more than 200%

I didn't say or even imply that it was a validation of the Affordable Care Act and premiums are only one small factor of health insurance so calling it "a bust" based solely on that is beyond stupid yet par for the course for you.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

my only premise is that my premium dropped by more than 200%

I didn't say or even imply that it was a validation of the Affordable Care Act and premiums are only one small factor of health insurance so calling it "a bust" based solely on that is beyond stupid yet par for the course for you.

The subject matter here is ObamaCare and its effects on premiums. The mere fact that you mentioned that your premiums decreased 200% tends to imply that you're equating such to ObamaCare. In fact, when 333386 stated that Obama promised a rate reduction (with the subject matter, CLEARLY BEING what the effects of ObamaCare really are), you piped right into the fray with "my premiums went down".

Of course, as is par the course for YOU, whenever an Obama policy is exposed to be an utter failure, you cue up the litany of excuses, as if that blurb wasn't meant to be a defense of ObamaCare. In fact, you even suggested that your policy may be in tune with ObamaCare, after 333386 said that it wasn't.

Any way you slice it, you tried to use YOUR policy to defend ObamaCare. And with that quip thoroughly dissected, it's pitiful-excuse time, as usual, for you.