Author Topic: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty  (Read 293594 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty
« Reply #1150 on: February 16, 2014, 10:12:09 PM »
almost a year has passed.. miss you dear nasser..

Thanks for sharing Sherief, and thanks for getting this thread back on topic.  I can't believe some people are so low as to post negatively about someone on their memorial thread.  It was partly my fault too for even replying to him.  I just deleted those few posts of mine by the way.

That's a nice pic and I don't think I've seen it before.  

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1151 on: February 16, 2014, 10:24:19 PM »
Thanks for sharing Sherief, and thanks for getting this thread back on topic.  I can't believe some people are so low as to post negatively about someone on their memorial thread.  It was partly my fault too for even replying to him.  I just deleted those few posts of mine by the way.

thx bro.

actually we took together some nice videos with his camera talking about various things and he was supposed to give me copies of them.. but the....  :(

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #1152 on: February 16, 2014, 10:28:24 PM »
thx bro.

actually we took together some nice videos with his camera talking about various things and he was supposed to give me copies of them.. but the....  :(

We have memories of him which last forever regardless of photos or videos.  Also you did get to meet and hang out with him a few times while he was near the end.  It's interesting how fate works that way, had he stayed in California as he did for the past several years you would not have gotten that opportunity.  I honestly believe Allah chose for him to travel to Egypt so that you can meet him before his time was up.

whitewidow

« Reply #1153 on: February 16, 2014, 10:52:35 PM »

your one whackey dumbfuck! you gotta be out of your fucking mind to be selling used underwear! The man was secretly in debt!

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #1154 on: February 16, 2014, 11:01:31 PM »
We have memories of him which last forever regardless of photos or videos.  Also you did get to meet and hang out with him a few times while he was near the end.  It's interesting how fate works that way, had he stayed in California as he did for the past several years you would not have gotten that opportunity.  I honestly believe Allah chose for him to travel to Egypt so that you can meet him before his time was up.

don't ya think Allah has bigger fish to fry?

whitewidow

« Reply #1155 on: February 16, 2014, 11:05:50 PM »

I bet it was like one of those old love movies they met in egypt,dicthed their corvettes and drove off on camels into the sunset- ;D

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1156 on: February 16, 2014, 11:12:38 PM »
don't ya think Allah has bigger fish to fry?

firstly nasser was not planning to visit egypt and his family were surprised to find him coming.. he postponed his departure from egypt more than once with no reason.. he told me he just liked to stay more..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #1157 on: February 17, 2014, 02:55:07 AM »
Great pic Sherief. A day you will never forget.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1158 on: February 17, 2014, 07:28:55 AM »
Great pic Sherief. A day you will never forget.

thx bro.. yes sure..

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1159 on: February 17, 2014, 09:35:07 AM »
Thanks for sharing Sherief, and thanks for getting this thread back on topic.  I can't believe some people are so low as to post negatively about someone on their memorial thread.  It was partly my fault too for even replying to him.  I just deleted those few posts of mine by the way.

Well my resurrection of the thread was done with good will. I wanted to laugh at non-Nasser posts people had made which I couldn't at the time of writing (wasn't approved yet). I think Nasser was a paradox. He was intellectual in a non-intellectual sport. He told people at the end of his "Nasser on the way" video to find other hobbies besides bodybuilding, yet bodybuilding consumed him even after he put the posing trunks away and he never lost his fixation with being big, until it clearly buried him. He was said to be generous to the point of irritation, yet he is also said to have had debts left and right. He was educated, yet he worked at a gas station. Like I said, interesting man. PIP.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #1160 on: February 17, 2014, 09:58:25 AM »
Well my resurrection of the thread was done with good will. I wanted to laugh at non-Nasser posts people had made which I couldn't at the time of writing (wasn't approved yet). I think Nasser was a paradox. He was intellectual in a non-intellectual sport. He told people at the end of his "Nasser on the way" video to find other hobbies besides bodybuilding, yet bodybuilding consumed him even after he put the posing trunks away and he never lost his fixation with being big, until it clearly buried him. He was said to be generous to the point of irritation, yet he is also said to have had debts left and right. He was educated, yet he worked at a gas station. Like I said, interesting man. PIP.

I was just referring to whitewidow to be honest, I didn't read all posts prior to that.  

The gas station stuff was just his sarcastic sense of humour.  He found it funny how so many people online were questioning his finances to the point of obsession and accusing him of being broke that he decided to play along sarcastically and posting pics on his own website like he's working at a gas pump.  Obviously the obsession is evident in it still being discussed after his passing.

His friend owns a gas statoin with a mechanic shop attached, he visited him on occasion (he brought me once too) and the three of us grabbed a bite afterwards.  That's where the pics were taken.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1161 on: February 17, 2014, 09:59:27 AM »
I was just referring to whitewidow to be honest, I didn't read all posts prior to that.  

The gas station stuff was just his sarcastic sense of humour.  He found it funny how so many people online were questioning his finances to the point of obsession and accusing him of being broke that he decided to play along sarcastically.  Obviously this is evident in it still being discussed after his passing.

His friend owns a gas statoin with a mechanic shop attached, he visits him on occasion (he brought me once too) and the three of us grabbed a bite afterwards.  That's where the pics were taken.
Interesting. So he didn't really work there, they were staged photos for his website's photo album. Well, at least you know he had a sense of humor.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #1162 on: February 17, 2014, 10:03:55 AM »
Interesting. So he didn't really work there, they were staged photos for his website's photo album. Well, at least you know he had a sense of humor.

yeah he had a very sarcastic sense of humour that I found hilarious.  I have a bunch of other examples but it would take some time to dig.  One example is tihs from his facebook wall, the person who asked him how he's been is not a getbigger, just an aquintance from the past.  I x'd out her name.

xxxxx Nasser Where U been?!!

September 2 at 12:03pm ˇ Comment ˇLikeUnlike ˇ View Feedback (2)Hide Feedback (2)

Nasser El Sonbaty Hi xxxxx !!

Thank you.
All good. Just switching jobs. At least I am trying. Started breeding chicken - for commercial sale - in my one bed room apartment which I still do share with Bob, Tom, Joe and Ike. All good. Will send you some pics. Ho...pe all is good with you?! Congrats for being the car sales person of the month. I am so proud of you. Please keep up the great work and never forget to believe in yourself girl.

whitewidow

« Reply #1163 on: February 17, 2014, 12:54:18 PM »

The gas station stuff was just his sarcastic sense of humour.  He found it funny how so many people online were questioning his finances to the point of obsession and accusing him of being broke that he decided to play along sarcastically and posting pics on his own website like he's working at a gas pump.  Obviously the obsession is evident in it still being discussed after his passing.

His friend owns a gas statoin with a mechanic shop attached, he visited him on occasion (he brought me once too) and the three of us grabbed a bite afterwards.  That's where the pics were taken.

I was honest. I heard he had debt! Plus he selling his posing trunks for money what else do you need to prove he needed extra money?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1164 on: February 17, 2014, 04:38:15 PM »
So much hatred for a beautiful man.  By all accounts, in addition to mountains of muscle, he had one huge cock.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1165 on: February 17, 2014, 04:53:35 PM »
So much hatred for a beautiful man.  By all accounts, in addition to mountains of muscle, he had one huge cock.
Beautiful man with glasses.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1166 on: February 17, 2014, 05:00:59 PM »

Thteven

• Getbig II
« Reply #1167 on: February 17, 2014, 05:04:25 PM »
almost a year has passed.. miss you dear..

It's always sad when a gay man loses his favorite muscle lover. :'(

Anyways....

I still remember back during the 90's getting those first few issues with guys like Nasser, Dorian etc. I knew right then and there that bodybuilding had to be more than just hard work, dedication and protein. It least the 80's guys had that 'attainable' look that fooled an entire generation of young insecure gay men into thinking that one day they could look like them. Just needed your 20 rep squats and 8 hour sleep. :D

JamesRustles

• Getbig II
  • Vince Goodrum Fan Club
« Reply #1168 on: February 20, 2014, 12:21:22 PM »

Maybe he just didn't want to pay a steroid debt and told the guy to fuck off, some people do that but wind up with bad karma maybe that is why he died so young. bad karma.

karma doesn't exist because you're still alive lol

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1169 on: February 20, 2014, 12:26:36 PM »
If you sell corvettes you can talk to the boss and get hooked up for 55,000-65,000 for the same car. My friend got the model a few years ago, same color too! I was there when he bought it. I was at the lot, and he did not have to special order it and because it was yellow he got it for 10$ cheaper then the red and white ones. No way they have a higher resale! prove that! I live in OR and have had alot of sports cars even a corvette at one point but I actually like the 92 5.0 mustang GT I bought used. Black on black on 18's. It was only pushing 240HP when I got it and once I replaced everything from the headers to the tips, pulled the cats I had that car going close to 500 HP. Still not as fast as your new car but the mustang is so light it hits corners better. I have had a corvette ZR1 and sold it. it was slower then the 5.0. I actually prefer a Toyota Tacoma in my state since it rains 300 days a year and sports cars with tops suck in my state.

You def know nasser better the me. I never met the guy. I do know nobody in their right head would sell their posing trunks unless they needed cash! You can't argue with that. would you do that if you didn't need money? No!

I also know some idiot came up on the steroid forum trying to sell a few kits of serostim. I took the post down and Pm'ed the guy and told him not to sell them here. I did ask about them and he said nasser told him to try and sell them here on getbig and he usually bought the kits but didn't have the money that month. He offered to front them to me so I could check the authenticity out before I bought them. I declined the offer. That was a lie too?

nasser didn't owe anybody any money? How long did you know Nasser? Not many people would tell others about their debts. maybe nasser didn't feel he had to pay,I don't know the whole situation. I do know somebody claimed he owed them cash. This was along time ago so that is why I ask how long have you know nasser? after he retired?

Your friend saved 10 bucks because the car was yellow? He must really know how to negotiate

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #1170 on: February 21, 2014, 06:02:33 AM »
I have no doubt Nasser was a good hearted person but i really don't understand all this hype around him. People worship him like some God... give me a break. ::)

Was the gh15 persona? What did he really do for people? Told them that all you need is to buy the drugs he was endorsing? And after how many time? six years? He enters getbig in 2006 and start giving some decent drug protocols in 2012? Plus he claims training and diet are secondary? Open your eyes.
I respect his achievements in bodybuilding just like any other pro except kamali and titus.
Special treatment? no, just make no sense.
May he rest in peace.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #1171 on: February 21, 2014, 06:38:48 AM »
I also do not understand all the Nasser worship on this forum.  I lived in San Diego for 10 years and used to see Nasser all the time.  The guy was a scrub and a scumbag really.

FACT - Nasser hung around with a homo named Germo. 

FACT - This guy supported Nasser for a long time. 

Question:  Did Nasser take it in the can in return for cash and meals? - unknown.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #1172 on: February 21, 2014, 07:51:51 AM »

he looks dead already there

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #1173 on: February 21, 2014, 08:25:28 AM »
I also do not understand all the Nasser worship on this forum.  I lived in San Diego for 10 years and used to see Nasser all the time.  The guy was a scrub and a scumbag really.

FACT - Nasser hung around with a homo named Germo. 

FACT - This guy supported Nasser for a long time. 

Question:  Did Nasser take it in the can in return for cash and meals? - unknown.

Maybe just table dances. :D

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1174 on: February 22, 2014, 06:49:33 PM »
Some (many, I would guess) people pick and choose their sins.  Especially so when it suits their taste(s).  I have no clue about Nasser.  He was a fool to remain on drugs (painfully obvious) in a vainglorious attempt to stay huge.  From all appearances he paid for his ego with his early death. 

Whatever he did, he chose to do.  Unless it involved something against the laws of the United States as far as I am concerned it is dead and buried with him.   If there is a final judgment, it will be resurrected with him.  If not, again, let it remain buried with him and he at peace.