Author Topic: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty  (Read 297542 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Nasser El Sonbaty is dead
« Reply #450 on: March 22, 2013, 08:45:35 AM »
so is this confirmed

i spent all day pondering at work

what job do you do
T

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #451 on: March 22, 2013, 08:47:41 AM »
lol I go out to train and for a nice meal and the negativiry here just exploded

go out, have fun, train and enjoy
Fuck off sissy bitch.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
« Reply #452 on: March 22, 2013, 08:49:16 AM »
lol I go out to train and for a nice meal and the negativiry here just exploded

go out, have fun, train and enjoy

Tell Shredded Wheat, aka David, I said hello

:-*

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #453 on: March 22, 2013, 08:51:07 AM »
Nasser would rip the wheel right off any milk truck

THATS A RIPPED TIRE MACHINE TECH THERE 'FOREARMS'

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #454 on: March 22, 2013, 08:51:32 AM »

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: March 22, 2013, 08:52:55 AM »
Tell Shredded Wheat, aka David, I said hello

:-*

T

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #456 on: March 22, 2013, 08:59:47 AM »
No it isn't. I don't know what these wankers are doing, but there isn't any kind of official news about the matter. Only loads and loads of forum bullshit.

Shaun Davis tweeted it this morning,he was a good friend of Nassers,plus on facebook Andy Coulson (Dorians mate) mentioned it this morning.
https://twitter.com/Shaundinosaur

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #457 on: March 22, 2013, 09:06:11 AM »
says the guy who decided he caught malaria.

What are you talking about little yellow chinaman?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #458 on: March 22, 2013, 09:10:32 AM »
Nasser not winning the 97 Mr. O is one of the biggest rapes ever in bodybuilding. He crushed a very injured and off Yates. A travesty really.
Definitely a 1 time Mr. O.

That and a marshmallow Cutler beating Vic martinez

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #459 on: March 22, 2013, 09:19:07 AM »
Chinese poison powders of peace

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #460 on: March 22, 2013, 09:24:21 AM »

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #461 on: March 22, 2013, 09:34:30 AM »
damn that sucks, i remember meeting nasser in 95,he was a really cool guy
R

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #462 on: March 22, 2013, 09:36:32 AM »
you first  ::)

i diagnose aspergers syndrome

in online trolls
T

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #463 on: March 22, 2013, 09:38:06 AM »

in online trolls

;D

Jizzacked

« Reply #464 on: March 22, 2013, 09:38:43 AM »
I'll never forget the enormous Huge Nasser/Fux spandex-clad arm blast in giant-multipage FLEX mag spread.....took my breath away! 

We refer to Arnold's era as the golden years of bb, but the 90s were the glory years of bb with Huge Nasser helping pave the way to muscly perfection! 

Somewhere in heaven the gigantic archangels are staring in awe at Huge Nasser!

that Nasser/Fux spread was one of my first early inspirations as a scrawny new lifter.  PIP huge nasser

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: March 22, 2013, 09:40:29 AM »

in online trolls
is projective identification a common thing in those affected by it?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #466 on: March 22, 2013, 09:40:46 AM »
We don't have an official cause of his death.  He took a nap and did not wake up.  As Muslims we bury the dead as soon as possible, often even if it means not investigating the cause.  

From among the whole world's population who lived while I was alive, Nasser single-handedly was by far the most inspirational person I knew of. Eventually we became close friends, and I did not view him so much as the pro bodybuilder anymore but someone I consider myself very lucky to have been friends with.

A few of my better memories of Nasser:

1)  I wrote him a fan-letter in 1996, he wrote back a lengthy letter and included in 8x10.  I met him for the first time three years later in 1999 at a photo-signing.  I gave him my first name to address the photo to and casually mentioned that I wrote him three years ago.  He then asked from what city?  When I told him the name of the city he asked me "Raja?" (my last name).  I was astounded that of the tens of thousands of fans he met he would have remembered the name of a teen who wrote him three years ago.  Many others had similar instances of Nasser remembering their name at various photo signings and wrote to Flex magazine about it.  A few years ago I asked him how he remembered my name?  He said he obviously did not remember all names, but whenever he'd come across what he felt was a touching letter or fan he made it a point to remember them, even though he knew he would probably not see or hear from the person again.

2)  During a calamity I was facing a 4/5 years ago Nasser was extremely supportive.  He literally called me every 4 hours or so to see how I was doing and how I was handling things.  He would tell me to call him any time I needed to talk to someone, even if it was at 3-4 am during his sleep he would wake up to call me or answer my call.

3)  The second of the three times I visited him in SD was with my wife on 2010 NYE.  Since I was travelling with my wife I would be often doing the touristy things in SD and having lone-time with her.  For that reason I booked a rental car so that I would not be depending on Nasser for rides everywhere.  Our flight was to LA and I booked a rental car to drive to SD the evening we arrived and to drive back a week later.  When I told him I had booked a rental car he insisted I cancel it and that he would drive from SD to LA and back to pick me us up from the airport - a 6 hour round drive, followed by another 6 hours upon our return.  I told him no it's alright, and he kept asking me to cancel it, saying that after the flight we'll feel tired and not in the mood to drive during the busy NYE streets, and that he would drive us anywhere we wanted to go during the week in SD as well.  I kept the rental car, but his generosity in insisting several times that I cancel it was very flattering.

I could go on and on but I just wanted to share a few of my experiences with him.

And yes his dogs are being taken care of well by someone close to him in San Diego.

Sherief was at his funeral in Egypt.  Why did Nasser go to Egypt?  I believe God wanted Sherief to get to know him before his time was up.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: March 22, 2013, 09:44:16 AM »
is projective identification a common thing in those affected by it?

is copy and paste intellect a substitute for intelligence these days
T

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #468 on: March 22, 2013, 09:45:10 AM »
We don't have an official cause of his death.  He took a nap and did not wake up.  As Muslims we bury the dead as soon as possible, often even if it means not investigating the cause.  

From among the whole world's population who lived while I was alive, Nasser single-handedly was by far the most inspirational person I knew of. Eventually we became close friends, and I did not view him so much as the pro bodybuilder but someone I consider myself very lucky to have been friends with.

1) I wrote him a fan-letter in 1996, he wrote back a lengthy letter and included in 8x10.  I met him for the first time three years later in 1999 at a photo-signing.  I gave him my first name to address the photo to and casually mentioned that I wrote him three years ago.  He then asked from what city?  When I told him the name of the city he asked me "Raja?" (my last name).  I was astounded that of the tens of thousands of fans he met he would have remembered the name of a teen who wrote him three years ago.  Many others had similar instances of Nasser remembering their name at various photo signings and wrote to Flex magazine about it.  A few years ago I asked him how he remembered my name?  He said he obviously did not remember all names, but whenever he'd come across what he felt was a touching letter or fan he made it a point to remember them, even though he knew he would probably not see or hear from the person again.

2)  During a calamity I was facing a 4/5 years ago Nasser was extremely supportive.  He literally called me every 4 hours or so to see how I was doing and how I was handling things.  He would tell me to call him any time I needed to talk to someone, even if it was at 3-4 am during his sleep he would wake up to call me or answer my call.

3)  The second of the three times I visited him in SD was with my wife on 2010 NYE.  Since I was travelling with my wife I would be often doing the touristy things in SD and having lone-time with her.  For that reason I booked a rental car so that I would not be depending on Nasser for rides everywhere.  Our flight was to LA and I booked a rental car to drive to SD the evening we arrived and to drive back a week later.  When I told him I had booked a rental car he insisted I cancel it and that he would drive from SD to LA and back to pick me us up from the airport - a 6 hour round drive.  I told him no it's alright, and he kept asking me to cancel it, saying that after the flight we'll feel tired and not in the mood to drive during the busy NYE streets, and that he would drive us anywhere we wanted to go during the week in SD as well.  I kept the rental car, but his generosity in insisting several times that I cancel it was very flattering.

I could go on and on but I just wanted to share a few of my experiences with him.

And yes his dogs are being taken care of well by someone close to him in San Diego.
Thanks for sharing-I met him in 96....I will always remember how other wordly
 massive he was, and his friendly, intelligent personality....Nasser is a legend.
H

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #469 on: March 22, 2013, 09:45:28 AM »
Great stories, big bobs.  Very touching.
A

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #470 on: March 22, 2013, 09:48:12 AM »
is copy and paste intellect a substitute for intelligence these days
yes in the 3d world this is how it works

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: March 22, 2013, 09:48:47 AM »
yes in the 3d world this is how it works

at last something we can agree on
T

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #472 on: March 22, 2013, 09:49:11 AM »

From among the whole world's population who lived while I was alive, Nasser single-handedly was by far the most inspirational person I knew of. Eventually we became close friends, and I did not view him so much as the pro bodybuilder anymore but someone I consider myself very lucky to have been friends with.

1)  I wrote him a fan-letter in 1996, he wrote back a lengthy letter and included in 8x10.  I met him for the first time three years later in 1999 at a photo-signing.  I gave him my first name to address the photo to and casually mentioned that I wrote him three years ago.  He then asked from what city?  When I told him the name of the city he asked me "Raja?" (my last name).  I was astounded that of the tens of thousands of fans he met he would have remembered the name of a teen who wrote him three years ago.  Many others had similar instances of Nasser remembering their name at various photo signings and wrote to Flex magazine about it.  A few years ago I asked him how he remembered my name?  He said he obviously did not remember all names, but whenever he'd come across what he felt was a touching letter or fan he made it a point to remember them, even though he knew he would probably not see or hear from the person again.

3)  The second of the three times I visited him in SD was with my wife on 2010 NYE.  Since I was travelling with my wife I would be often doing the touristy things in SD and having lone-time with her.  For that reason I booked a rental car so that I would not be depending on Nasser for rides everywhere.  Our flight was to LA and I booked a rental car to drive to SD the evening we arrived and to drive back a week later.  When I told him I had booked a rental car he insisted I cancel it and that he would drive from SD to LA and back to pick me us up from the airport - a 6 hour round drive, followed by another 6 hours upon our return.  I told him no it's alright, and he kept asking me to cancel it, saying that after the flight we'll feel tired and not in the mood to drive during the busy NYE streets, and that he would drive us anywhere we wanted to go during the week in SD as well.  I kept the rental car, but his generosity in insisting several times that I cancel it was very flattering.

Sherief was at his funeral in Egypt.  Why did Nasser go to Egypt?  I believe God wanted Sherief to get to know him before his time was up.

It was a quiet way to go.

bigbobs, was he sick for a long time? Was he in pain during the last few months?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #473 on: March 22, 2013, 09:49:34 AM »
At his peak he was unreal. I didn't know he had kidney problems. It was nice to hear good things about him when all you hear on the internet was negative stuff.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #474 on: March 22, 2013, 09:52:37 AM »
Good story, Bobs. Even if I was far from a fan, I see how some people would be and by all accounts he seemed to be a very decent person to his fans.