Author Topic: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty  (Read 293584 times)

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
Re: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty
« Reply #800 on: March 26, 2013, 01:52:24 PM »
Here are some great pics of Nasser from the 1997 Finland Grand Prix. Nasser kept his fullness and roundness along with a tight waist that he is known for while being 270 lbs plus. He had the best abs & thigh for a mass monster that ever stood on stage. Nasser was a BEAST from the front and the side. From behind his width rivaled the best of them, but his back double bicep lacked a bit. Nonetheless, he made up for it from the front especially with his front double bicep which many say it's one of the freakiest of All-Time. His conditioning was slightly off at this contest. It wasn't as good as it was at the 1997 Mr. Olympia where he got royally screwed and many people thought he should of been crowned Mr. Olympia that year. Nasser will always be known as "Huge Nasser", "The Wizard Of Truth", and "Uncrowned Mr. Olympia".

R.I.P NASSER!!!

MORE PICS -----> NASSER EL SONBATY - 1997 Finland Grand Prix PICS (Drag pics to new tab and it will open to original size)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #801 on: March 26, 2013, 02:32:21 PM »
that lat spread and fdb are unbelievable. looks carved from granite

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #802 on: March 26, 2013, 05:22:10 PM »
I'd argue that the guy was one of the top five bodybuilders , from the front, of all time.

RIP Nasser.

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #803 on: March 26, 2013, 08:24:49 PM »
Wow i never expected this :-\  RIP Big Nasser EL Sonbaty
TEAM WOLF

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #804 on: March 26, 2013, 09:53:52 PM »
I am not saddened by Joe Weiders death because he lived until he was 92. But Nasser died far too young and I didn't see it coming. He was a big part of getbig. Seeing Bob and Sherif posts with updates on what he was doing etc will be missed on here. I feel really sad that Nasser has passed away.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #805 on: March 27, 2013, 01:52:58 AM »
I am not saddened by Joe Weiders death because he lived until he was 92. But Nasser died far too young and I didn't see it coming. He was a big part of getbig. Seeing Bob and Sherif posts with updates on what he was doing etc will be missed on here. I feel really sad that Nasser has passed away.
True statement.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #806 on: March 27, 2013, 01:56:01 AM »
I am not saddened by Joe Weiders death because he lived until he was 92. But Nasser died far too young and I didn't see it coming. He was a big part of getbig. Seeing Bob and Sherif posts with updates on what he was doing etc will be missed on here. I feel really sad that Nasser never got the chance to shit on my fake tits.

I feel your pain.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #807 on: March 27, 2013, 04:26:33 AM »

very true nasser was a big part of GB.. i am sure even most of those who were saying shit about him were doing this for fun but they actually liked him..

sure i always liked nasser before seeing him but the man in real life was much better than all my "good" expectations.. very smart, polite, funny, very knowledgeable, thoughtful.. very modest with all ppl.. as soon as i saw him for the first time i felt he was like a lifetime old friend.. i never thought i would miss him that much..

some ppl think nasser was still bitter about some injustice during his career but in reality when he was talking about any injustice he had faced he was doing this in a sarcastic way for fun.. he seemed very positive and optimistic person.. i am sure he let everything bb related go immediately after his retirement.. he was following GB for fun just like any other iron lover but seriously he didnt talk with me at all about GB except one time when i told him i had put some of our pics together on GB so he asked with a laugh "what did ppl say".. he also asked me about the AC results but didnt care to ask about the reunion of all the previous winners..

he said great words about swami and bobs and alex23.. he told me alex in real life has a different personality than GB in a much better way and that he liked him a lot..

as for the other pros in his era,.. he liked the personalities of vinice taylor, ronnie coleman, lee priest, marcus, and, dillett.. he also respected dorian.. i am not saying he didn't like the others but i am mentioning the names he talked about randomly while he was narrating some stories..

he also said,.. shawn ray, dorian, and, flex wheeler had great physiques at their very best.. again this doesnt mean he didnt like the physiques of other bbrs..

thx guys for all the great words about nasser.. the great bbr and the much greater person.. and thank GOD for everything :(

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #808 on: March 27, 2013, 05:56:27 AM »
my first time at the ASC expo in 2001, Nasser was the first guy I took a picture with...was very approachable too...R.I.P

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #809 on: March 27, 2013, 05:56:44 AM »

Good points.  Old Joe lived a long and eventful life.  He was considered important in his field, he was rich and he got to bang Betty/young bodybuilders as often as he felt inclined.  
A

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #810 on: March 27, 2013, 09:16:46 AM »
very true nasser was a big part of GB.. i am sure even most of those who were saying shit about him were doing this for fun but they actually liked him..

Yes, was one of them. Very sad to lose him - a bodybuilding legend.

Diesel495

• Getbig II
« Reply #811 on: March 27, 2013, 02:04:47 PM »
RIP beautiful man with glasses, one of my favorite from the 90s

Now he's gone there's no point going to that dying board loser15 dot org. Now someone is signing in for him in that acc and the Infos there are now pure garbage

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #812 on: March 27, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »
Anyone know if Nassers Father will be sending the Pro Bodybuilding Hall of Fame his sons Eye Glasses

??? ???

Would be awesome to see them behind a bullet proof glass case immortalized for all eternity

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #813 on: March 27, 2013, 07:11:51 PM »
I met him around 2000. You could tell he was worldly and well traveled. Very articulate and also not arrogant, just a genuine guy. Different than the typical bb.

There are a lot of shit talkers in this thread who will be forgotten a week after they die. Losers. Nasser will be remembered for decades.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #814 on: March 28, 2013, 03:25:50 AM »
R.I.P Nasser.  I remember back in the early 90's when I was really committing to the 'lifestyle', Nasser's images in the mags, especially the crazy Flex mag photos, just blew me away and left a lasting impression.  A true icon in this crazy 'sport'.  My condolences to his family and friends.  Condolences Alex.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #815 on: March 28, 2013, 03:28:16 AM »
I met him around 2000. You could tell he was worldly and well traveled. Very articulate and also not arrogant, just a genuine guy. Different than the typical bb.

There are a lot of shit talkers in this thread who will be forgotten a week after they die. Losers. Nasser will be remembered for decades.

Your post makes me sad that I never had the chance to converse with him. Strange how we learn so much about people after they have passed.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #816 on: March 28, 2013, 01:28:18 PM »

QFt - Possibly the best statement in this whole thread!

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #817 on: March 28, 2013, 01:36:26 PM »
will miss your existence forever mr. nasser.. thank GOD for everything :(

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #818 on: March 28, 2013, 01:39:45 PM »

Seems as a good hearted soul he was a tremendous physique after seeing him before he passed away  the last few weeks has to way on your mind.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #819 on: March 28, 2013, 02:00:05 PM »

clothing style of peace

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #820 on: March 28, 2013, 04:05:15 PM »

Sorry for your loss sherief.   :'(

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #821 on: March 28, 2013, 06:25:47 PM »
It would be hurtful reading some of the posts that are disrespectful and rude. Sorry for your loss also Bob. Nasser was a dear friend to you and you are going to really miss him. 

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #822 on: March 28, 2013, 08:35:47 PM »
Sorry for your loss sherief.   :'(

thx booty..

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #823 on: March 28, 2013, 09:22:31 PM »
hey bigbobs

i know u were pretty cool with nasser, i figure nasser was a cool dude or else you wouldnt be friends with him

I hope his in heaven and in peace. Sorry you lost a friend but i hope his very happy now.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #824 on: March 28, 2013, 10:34:23 PM »

X2

the way each one reacts to death news either in real life or on the internet always reflects the type of the man he is..