Author Topic: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty  (Read 292427 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty
« Reply #825 on: March 28, 2013, 11:11:02 PM »
X2

the way each one reacts to death news either in real life or on the internet always reflects the type of the man he is..
I don't think so, the majority of the people commenting never met the man, and in reality their is no way for another to truly encapsulate a man's existence in some brief statements.  And I would argue you never get close to the essence of a man after he dies as most people feel obliged to say something nice regardless of what the man was like.
V

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #826 on: March 28, 2013, 11:24:27 PM »
I don't think so, the majority of the people commenting never met the man, and in reality their is no way for another to truly encapsulate a man's existence in some brief statements.  And I would argue you never get close to the essence of a man after he dies as most people feel obliged to say something nice regardless of what the man was like.

are you trying to say you are no a piece of shit in real life as you are on the internet??..

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #827 on: March 28, 2013, 11:40:36 PM »
are you trying to say you are no a piece of shit in real life as you are on the internet??..
No, I'm an arsehole in real life as well.   ;)
V

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #828 on: March 28, 2013, 11:53:08 PM »

I never had the opportunity to get to know Nasser personally. This is clearly my loss. In retrospect, reading some of your and other folks' posts about him, I have surmised that he was an honorable man and a good friend to many.

My condolences to you and all the other people who were touched by him and who are genuinely grieving over the loss of what appears to be a man who commanded a lot of respect and who was loved and admired by many.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #829 on: March 28, 2013, 11:57:02 PM »
I never had the opportunity to get to know Nasser personally. This is clearly my loss. In retrospect, reading some of your and other folks' posts about him, I have surmised that he was an honorable man and a good friend to many.

My condolences to you and all the other people who were touched by him and who are genuinely grieving over the loss of what appears to be a man who commanded a lot of respect and who was loved and admired by many.

many thx bro..

sancho ed

• Getbig III
« Reply #830 on: March 29, 2013, 12:53:00 AM »

very well said. the very first flex mag i purchased was in right after the 1996 olympia with nasser on the cover hitting a most muscular and with some sunglasses on. i must have been bout 18 then. i believe the article was titled "no surrender." that day i was instantly a fan of his! (: the dude was a beast and just a bad ass. sucks that i only lived a few hrs from him since i stay in la and he was in san diego at the time. damn shame i never met him..... :(

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #831 on: March 29, 2013, 05:49:13 AM »

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!

King_Raisin

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #833 on: March 29, 2013, 06:43:32 AM »
Damn...mid to late 90's Nasser was one of the craziest physiques to ever present on a bodybuilding stage, and even post-retirement he kept us pumpkin-heads entertained.  RIP to a bodybuilding legend...

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #834 on: March 29, 2013, 06:49:35 AM »
Damn...mid to late 90's Nasser was one of the craziest physiques to ever present on a bodybuilding stage, and even post-retirement he kept us pumpkin-heads entertained.  RIP to a bodybuilding legend...

X2. Proud to be a pumpkin head and proud to be 'trueshit' on the secret email. Good times and all good fun. Anybody that loves dogs like Nasser did is good people in my book.
O

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #835 on: March 29, 2013, 08:55:42 AM »
I met him around 2000. You could tell he was worldly and well traveled. Very articulate and also not arrogant, just a genuine guy. Different than the typical bb.

There are a lot of shit talkers in this thread who will be forgotten a week after they die. Losers. Nasser will be remembered for decades.

always wanted to meet the guy, only bber i wanted to talk to. sad i never had the chance, he was unique. such a rare personality in life and especially in bodybuilding. from what ive heard the guy radiated wisdom and intelligence, and seemed genuine and brutally honest. and im thinking some people on here have problems with others who dont come off as fakes like themselves, nasser just didnt fit in that category.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #836 on: March 29, 2013, 01:57:23 PM »

Even in guest posing shape, he shows amazing thickness..but without the huge gut of today's guys.  Really impressive.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #837 on: March 29, 2013, 10:24:50 PM »
Was there no indications that something could have been wrong with nasser? im a little surprised as we all are, there seemed to be nothing wrong with him and poof its over.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #838 on: March 29, 2013, 11:02:36 PM »
Was there no indications that something could have been wrong with nasser? im a little surprised as we all are, there seemed to be nothing wrong with him and poof its over.

It would be great if we all got the yellow warning signal before we got the red light which often results in a catastrophic and deadly outcome. Who knows, maybe we all do have a warning light and like so many, we choose to ignore it.

In some European counties, the signals are less forgiving. There is no warning like before the stop light. The yellow light comes before the green light. In other words, it is a get ready, get set, and go way of thinking.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #839 on: March 30, 2013, 03:29:23 PM »
i call BS on people saying it came out of nowhere

i dont have the time to read all the stuff on his death, so can i have a quick update on the details as they are currently known in particular:

- where did he die? I heard egypt, san diego...
- what happened in the hours before he died. I heard, he was asleep, he was in a gym and taken to a hospital, ..
- how did he look like in the last months-was he sickly looking, normal
- did he know he was pretty sick..

i am not even going into cause of death before such basics are known

sheriff salamy´s attmpts to ´give´ nasser a peaceful death on his sleep while in egypt sound to me like a  BS story, kinda like moses leading the jews out of egypt

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #840 on: March 30, 2013, 03:43:45 PM »
i call BS on people saying it came out of nowhere

i dont have the time to read all the stuff on his death, so can i have a quick update on the details as they are currently known in particular:

- where did he die? I heard egypt, san diego...
- what happened in the hours before he died. I heard, he was asleep, he was in a gym and taken to a hospital, ..
- how did he look like in the last months-was he sickly looking, normal
- did he know he was pretty sick..

i am not even going into cause of death before such basics are known

sheriff salamy´s attmpts to ´give´ nasser a peaceful death on his sleep while in egypt sound to me like a  BS story, kinda like moses leading the jews out of egypt

why is it very important to you to know all these details??.. nasser was very close to my heart but i didnt try to know any more details about his death from his family.. i mentioned only what they had told me.. believe it or not i dont care..

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #841 on: March 30, 2013, 05:36:59 PM »
it sounds very odd  that someone that so admired nasser is not interested in how he died. after all death is one of the most important parts of anyones life.
but hey if you say you dont care... i cant prove you wrong- i dont really believe you but that is irrelevant

what i care about is knowing the true circumstances of nassers death out of natural curiosity

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #842 on: March 30, 2013, 06:02:52 PM »
http://www.musclemag.com/blog/facts-behind-nasser-el-sonbatys-death-confirmed/#.UVeLDFfT47o

“Nasser had been ill for sometime. In November he was admitted to the hospital here in San Diego for breathing problems. It was then that he was diagnosed with heart failure and kidney damage. He was on dialysis from that day on. The doctors told him he was not a candidate for a heart transplant because his heart was too weak. He went back to Egypt to visit his family, which consisted of his mother, father and one sister. He died in his sleep while in Egypt. Whether or not it was caused by any of the illnesses I mentioned, we do not yet know. That’s the true story.”

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #843 on: March 30, 2013, 06:20:07 PM »
http://www.musclemag.com/blog/facts-behind-nasser-el-sonbatys-death-confirmed/#.UVeLDFfT47o

“Nasser had been ill for sometime. In November he was admitted to the hospital here in San Diego for breathing problems. It was then that he was diagnosed with heart failure and kidney damage. He was on dialysis from that day on. The doctors told him he was not a candidate for a heart transplant because his heart was too weak. He went back to Egypt to visit his family, which consisted of his mother, father and one sister. He died in his sleep while in Egypt. Whether or not it was caused by any of the illnesses I mentioned, we do not yet know. That’s the true story.”
Maybe so, when people have terminal illness they tend to visit family and their hometowns. I had a uncle die this year he did the same thing visited his brothers and sisters then a few days later his son found him dead.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #844 on: March 30, 2013, 06:23:47 PM »
he knew he was gonna die. like a cat that wanders into the neighbors garage or the seagull that goes out to sea

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #845 on: March 30, 2013, 07:30:05 PM »

while i am not a doctor that doesnt seem to make sense. maybe kidney transplant...

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #846 on: March 30, 2013, 07:48:20 PM »
while i am not a doctor that doesnt seem to make sense. maybe kidney transplant...
Maybe just a nice way of saying the prognosis is not good ?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #847 on: March 30, 2013, 08:25:19 PM »
it sounds very odd  that someone that so admired nasser is not interested in how he died. after all death is one of the most important parts of anyones life.
but hey if you say you dont care... i cant prove you wrong- i dont really believe you but that is irrelevant

what i care about is knowing the true circumstances of nassers death out of natural curiosity

One might be curious about some of the details surrounding someone's passing. However, it is exceedingly impolite to question their loved ones regarding this. If they want you to know, they will volunteer the information. Moreover, unless you were his close friend, you really are not entitled specifics as to the when, where and why of how he died.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #848 on: March 30, 2013, 10:10:51 PM »

his family doesnt live in egypt.. his parents only visits egypt every few years..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #849 on: March 30, 2013, 10:12:56 PM »
One might be curious about some of the details surrounding someone's passing. However, it is exceedingly impolite to question their loved ones regarding this. If they want you to know, they will volunteer the information. Moreover, unless you were his close friend, you really are not entitled specifics as to the when, where and why of how he died.

X2..