Author Topic: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty  (Read 293342 times)

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
Re: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty
« Reply #850 on: March 30, 2013, 10:25:59 PM »
One might be curious about some of the details surrounding someone's passing. However, it is exceedingly impolite to question their loved ones regarding this. If they want you to know, they will volunteer the information. Moreover, unless you were his close friend, you really are not entitled specifics as to the when, where and why of how he died.

What about if I purchased a pair of his soiled thongs? Do I get specifics?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #851 on: March 31, 2013, 12:44:12 AM »
What about if I purchased a pair of his soiled thongs? Do I get specifics?

Of course not. If you purchased a pair of his soiled thongs, you are even dumber and sicker that I originally thought.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #852 on: March 31, 2013, 12:59:58 AM »
I think it is rude to ask Nassers friends for specific details on his death. These people knew him personally, have some respect. They are hurting and in shock over his passing.

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #853 on: March 31, 2013, 07:03:54 AM »
Geez. Even though this was a multi-page sticky, I totally missed it for days.

RIP

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #854 on: March 31, 2013, 12:33:48 PM »
Not a fan of his homosexual midget Muslim fan club on here but Nasser WILL be remembered as one of the Greats in an era that stands without compare. Even a decade after he stepped off stage for the final time his physique still endure as one of the best ever.

He was fronting magazines when I got interested in this 'sport' after watching Pumping Iron and I'm glad I got to see him compete twice. One of the first mass monsters.

R.I.P Big Guy

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #855 on: March 31, 2013, 01:07:36 PM »
I think it is rude to ask Nassers friends for specific details on his death. These people knew him personally, have some respect. They are hurting and in shock over his passing.

it is perfectly normal for people to be interested on how a public figure died. nasser was a public figure in bbing

is there a factor of morbid curiosity? sure but that is only human.

no one is forcing anyone to answer, but being secretive about anything that is of interest to many people has costs

it automatically opens the field to fabricators coming up with contradictory BS which then leads to muddy waters and ´conspiracy theories´.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #856 on: March 31, 2013, 01:47:37 PM »

Why would it be rude to ask a simple question? How did he die? Is there a massive conspiracy when someone goes of a heart attack/kidney failure/ tumour or the like? Nobody said they had to elaborate. A lot of us here are interested and at one time watched Nasser on stage with the best of the best.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #857 on: March 31, 2013, 04:09:07 PM »
Why would it be rude to ask a simple question? How did he die? Is there a massive conspiracy when someone goes of a heart attack/kidney failure/ tumour or the like? Nobody said they had to elaborate. A lot of us here are interested and at one time watched Nasser on stage with the best of the best.

It is rude because our culture implies that it is. Read the obituaries in the newspaper. Very few of them state how or why a person died.

Granted, a lot of folks in the bodybuilding culture use PED's. No doubt they are curious to have proof as to whether they are responsible for another bodybuilders passing.

I think folks can draw some conclusions on their own. I simply isn't healthy to weight nearly 300 lbs. unless perhaps you are 10' tall. Even then, larger people are more prone to health issues regardless of their height and whether there weight is muscle weight or fat. My brother-in-law died relatively young from a heart attack. He was 6'7" tall and relatively lean. Still I would guess he weighed in the neighborhood of 300 lbs. Unfortunately our hearts aren't designed to support this much size regardless of why on is this large. Kidney failure has many causes, no doubt being very large has an ill effect on our kidneys too.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #858 on: March 31, 2013, 04:51:36 PM »
I am just putting myself in Bob and Sheriefs shoes. I remember how it felt when my partner died and people would ask me what happened and I didn't want to talk about it with them.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #859 on: March 31, 2013, 06:08:41 PM »
I am just putting myself in Bob and Sheriefs shoes. I remember how it felt when my partner died and people would ask me what happened. I still get asked today and some people I feel comfortable telling but most I don't. I don't like talking about his death. 
are u implying that bob, sheRiff and nasseR WERE PARTNERS?? shame on u

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #860 on: March 31, 2013, 06:53:06 PM »

Regarding to one of Nassers close friends, he was using dialyses machine for the last 5 months & his heart was very week !.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #861 on: March 31, 2013, 07:46:35 PM »
It is pretty much a given that Nasser died because of how he lived.  Not much of a secret, is it?

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #862 on: March 31, 2013, 07:59:10 PM »
It is pretty much a given that Nasser died because of how he lived.  Not much of a secret, is it?

it is not that straightforward

if nasser was undergoing dialysis for sometime then some of his buddies here knew about it, but kept the pretense that the guy was doing great- with fresh pics, meeting in egypt, -just until a few days the guy keeled over.

that doesn't look good on them

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #863 on: March 31, 2013, 09:56:31 PM »

if nasser was undergoing dialysis for sometime then some of his buddies here knew about it, but kept the pretense that the guy was doing great- with fresh pics, meeting in egypt, -just until a few days the guy keeled over.

Surely among those that post/read here it would be painfully obvious that poor Nasser was suffering for his years of abuse.  In a sense he died for his ego.  It is sad because he was so young and from what I read here he was a fairly nice man.  Too bad that like so many of us the biggest thing about him was his ego.  Titanic?  Yup.  And what happened to that ship?

I am sorry for his family, including his beloved dogs. 

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #864 on: March 31, 2013, 10:10:43 PM »

nasser trained with me once and did some cardio and he was training constantly during his stay with another guy who lives close to his house.. i saw him only 2 times, each time we were spending together more than 7 hours and we were walking a lot and while eating he was eating all kinds of food.. he looked good and younger after losing weight.. and the man didnt tell me anything bad about his health..

we were supposed to train together again and i was calling to confirm the day to be answered by his dad with the sad news..

ya i asked him "what happened.. did he have any problems".. the man said it was a sudden death in his sleep.. and when i visited him later i told him that rumors on the net were talking about fatal kidney problems,.. he said "nasser had a problem in his kidney but was not threatening his life and couldnt be the reason,.. especially till the last moment he was very normal talking and joking with them".. so if you were in my place,.. you were going to continue and ask nasser's devastated parents "hey come on guys,.. tell me more details,.. sure you have more to say,.. i am very curios to know more details about the death of your son" ::) ::)

i dont know how you deal with ppl in a situation like this but i am sure you lack the least amount of politeness and common sense..

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #865 on: April 01, 2013, 01:58:13 AM »
Good post Sherief, and my condolences for your friend, take care

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #866 on: April 01, 2013, 02:09:53 AM »

It is rude because our culture implies that it is. Read the obituaries in the newspaper. Very few of them state how or why a person died.

Granted, a lot of folks in the bodybuilding culture use PED's. No doubt they are curious to have proof as to whether they are responsible for another bodybuilders passing.

I think folks can draw some conclusions on their own. I simply isn't healthy to weight nearly 300 lbs. unless perhaps you are 10' tall. Even then, larger people are more prone to health issues regardless of their height and whether there weight is muscle weight or fat. My brother-in-law died relatively young from a heart attack. He was 6'7" tall and relatively lean. Still I would guess he weighed in the neighborhood of 300 lbs. Unfortunately our hearts aren't designed to support this much size regardless of why on is this large. Kidney failure has many causes, no doubt being very large has an ill effect on our kidneys too.

Obituaries are to announce a death or celebrate a life, not give causes. A simple 'How did it happen' and a sympathetic word or two would hardly get you barked at.

But I suppose you're right in your analysis. PEDs constantly for 20-25 years, too much weight. Little or no cardio to stimulate the heart in a positive way. A great shame. He was one of my favourites.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #867 on: April 01, 2013, 02:28:00 AM »
Good post Sherief, and my condolences for your friend, take care
x 2  there will always be shit talkers sitting behind a computer. I doubt in real life they would ask personal details of someone's death from a friend who knew the deceased.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #868 on: April 01, 2013, 02:44:11 AM »
nasser trained with me once and did some cardio and he was training constantly during his stay with another guy who lives close to his house.. i saw him only 2 times, each time we were spending together more than 7 hours and we were walking a lot and while eating he was eating all kinds of food.. he looked good and younger after losing weight.. and the man didnt tell me anything bad about his health..

we were supposed to train together again and i was calling to confirm the day to be answered by his dad with the sad news..

ya i asked him "what happened.. did he have any problems".. the man said it was a sudden death in his sleep.. and when i visited him later i told him that rumors on the net were talking about fatal kidney problems,.. he said "nasser had a problem in his kidney but was not threatening his life and couldnt be the reason,.. especially till the last moment he was very normal talking and joking with them".. so if you were in my place,.. you were going to continue and ask nasser's devastated parents "hey come on guys,.. tell me more details,.. sure you have more to say,.. i am very curios to know more details about the death of your son" ::) ::)

i dont know how you deal with ppl in a situation like this but i am sure you lack the least amount of politeness and common sense..

Thanks for posting Sherief and thanks for helping me out in pm. Sorry about the loss of your friend. He must have been a great guy to be so nice to a fan and make you his friend. Nasser will be missed by all including the pumpkin heads.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #869 on: April 01, 2013, 02:46:34 AM »
x 2  there will always be shit talkers sitting behind a computer. I doubt in real life they would ask personal details of someone's death from a friend who knew the deceased.

it's simply cowardly to mock on a dead person, while sitting behind a safe screen. An outspoken man like Nasser might be a controversial person, but this thread has not been started to judge on him  :-\

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #870 on: April 01, 2013, 02:51:53 AM »
it's simply cowardly to mock on a dead person, while sitting behind a safe screen. An outspoken man like Nasser might be controversial person, but this thread has not been started to judge on him  :-\
Yes they are pieces of shit.

lulu

• Getbig III
« Reply #871 on: April 01, 2013, 05:48:23 AM »

don't worry about what other people want to know or what they expect you to do , just let the man Rest in Peace as it should be

hope you are well Sherief

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #872 on: April 01, 2013, 07:22:27 AM »
any pics of his body yet?

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #873 on: April 01, 2013, 12:34:47 PM »

herne