Author Topic: Thinking of training arms, chest and calves only....  (Read 58556 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Thinking of training arms, chest and calves only....
« Reply #750 on: April 15, 2013, 01:58:45 PM »
i'm curious B ma man!

how lean would you say that you are at the moment?

i'd say that i'm 6-7%

basically sub-7, but not sub-6

also, what's the leanest you've ever been?

i'd say my leanest ever was sub-6

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #751 on: April 15, 2013, 02:41:41 PM »
i've kinda mapped out a course of action and it goes something like this...

i think that my back and delts are still my strong points and you dudes will be seeing the full wheels tomorrow so you'll "see it all" so to speak

so i plan on continuing to bring up the chest and quads till they match my delts and back, which should happen no later than early july

and then once all the big parts match ie. upper legs, back, chest and delts then i'll finish off my quest by completing the arm and calf development which will be in july, august and maybe even september

i think my chest and quads are pretty damn close to matching my back and delts now so if that is so then i'll be able to finish then out sometime in may, so that will allow me to really focus on the arms and calves for a good 3 or 4 months

it will be weird just hammering bis and calves, but if that's what i gotta do then i guess that's what i gotta do

sorry to write this here B, but it's kind of a reminder to myself if i end up "going off track" by deciding to hammer my torso hard again that it's all about PROPORTION

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #752 on: April 15, 2013, 02:54:59 PM »
I probably hit 6 before but back when I had no muscle so it didn't look that good.

Right now I don't know...my arms look like 6 but my abs and legs a little higher than that.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #753 on: April 15, 2013, 03:03:10 PM »
I probably hit 6 before but back when I had no muscle so it didn't look that good.

Right now I don't know...my arms look like 6 but my abs and legs a little higher than that.

allright dude, so may the best man win ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #754 on: April 15, 2013, 03:54:15 PM »
Two days left guys sounds like both of you are seem dialed in, I'm hearing that Charlie Sheen has been dropping water and may jump in.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #755 on: April 15, 2013, 04:00:54 PM »
Two days left guys sounds like both of you are seem dialed in, I'm hearing that Charlie Sheen has been dropping water and may jump in.

lol

just as long as ma man che don't jump in then it's all good

btw, when i look at myself under the "spotlight" i got a hard grainy look about me but then when i move a bit out of the light into a more "neutral light" i don't look as nearly impressive ??? ??? ???

my pics are taken tomorrow and i was gonna have then in a "neutral light" but maybe i'll take just one under this "spotlight" so you can see my hard dense muscles with veinage running up and down my ab wall :-*

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #756 on: April 15, 2013, 04:09:09 PM »
lol

just as long as ma man che don't jump in then it's all good

btw, when i look at myself under the "spotlight" i got a hard grainy look about me but then when i move a bit out of the light into a more "neutral light" i don't look as nearly impressive ??? ??? ???

my pics are taken tomorrow and i was gonna have then in a "neutral light" but maybe i'll take just one under this "spotlight" so you can see my hard dense muscles with veinage running up and down my ab wall :-*

You need to drop water man.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #757 on: April 15, 2013, 04:13:38 PM »
You need to drop water man.

nah man, i wanna show myself in my natural everyday 24/7 state

i'm a naturally dry thin skinned individual anyways, thanks to Germanic Genetics ;D 8) ;)

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #758 on: April 15, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »
dj ...you seem to be in love with che.

I'm sure he's got a nice build...do you have a link to his pics? ( 50% homo)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #759 on: April 15, 2013, 04:33:16 PM »
dj ...you seem to be in love with che.

I'm sure he's got a nice build...do you have a link to his pics? ( 50% homo)

;D ;D ;D

i'm sorry man, but i don't know where to find his pics, and he hasn't posted so many as well

he's got outstanding proportions and very small joints

i think he competed @ 170 or so @ 5'9"

and he is a lifetime natty

we sometimes call each other "ma man" so maybe i still got a chance with him ;D ;D ;D

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #760 on: April 15, 2013, 04:35:23 PM »
;D ;D ;D

i'm sorry man, but i don't know where to find his pics, and he hasn't posted so many as well

we sometimes call each other "ma man" so maybe i still got a chance with him ;D ;D ;D

lol

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #761 on: April 15, 2013, 05:57:21 PM »
;D ;D ;D

Is this him?  8) Joking.

I'll try and find some pics of che probably got one or two from judging the GB contest.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #762 on: April 15, 2013, 07:20:55 PM »
^ lol

Honest question though....can you critique what you see there.

Curious on your opinions.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #763 on: April 15, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »
long torso,,strangely ripped calves and not a hint of hamstrings whatsoever,,delt and arms are decent but nowhere near a contest conditioned stage body,,no lats /no thickness there..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #764 on: April 15, 2013, 07:26:42 PM »
^ lol

Honest question though....can you critique what you see there.

Curious on your opinions.
Vince has a decent structure but no mass, and decent calves for a black dude most have "high" calves meaning short muscle length. But if you check him overall decent symmetry nothing really overpowers one part or another.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #765 on: April 15, 2013, 07:29:01 PM »
see b i wrote 1st neither one of us saw what each other wrote and look almost word for word same theory,,,

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #766 on: April 15, 2013, 07:36:52 PM »
see b i wrote 1st neither one of us saw what each other wrote and look almost word for word same theory,,,
Thats why we are judges, having judged live contests and the GB thing just experience and you have competed so know the criteria.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #767 on: April 15, 2013, 09:04:38 PM »
hahah yeah I noticed you guys posted your response at the same time.

Thats why we are judges, having judged live contests and the GB thing just experience and you have competed so know the criteria.

You two guys know your bbing thats for sure.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #768 on: April 15, 2013, 11:34:28 PM »
so where's ma man che?!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #769 on: April 16, 2013, 06:09:46 AM »
btw dudes, i'm going to shift into my muscle gain no fat gain even maybe more fat loss phase now, and i posted this in the nutrition board but i'll put it here too just in case you dudes have any good advices pour moi

"at the moment i'm sitting @ sub-7, so now i want to shift gears and gain muscle while not gaining fat or possibly even losing more fat along the way

i was eating roughly 1500-1800 cals per day for the last few weeks and it's brought me down to sub-7, so i'm thinking that i could keep this 1500-1800 base most days of the week and then having a higher cal day, say something like 2500-2800 cals roughly once every 3 to 5 days

so i'm curious if anyone else has tried this or if they know anything about it?

does lyle mcdonald or any other "diet guru" speak about this?

any thoughts, ideas or links would be appreciated

thanks dudes :)"

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #770 on: April 16, 2013, 08:53:16 AM »
Hey man...

The lean gains approach is 20% under maintenance calories on off days and 20% above on training days. Seems people have had good results with that....you don't have to do the fasting thing but having higher cals on training days make sense.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #771 on: April 16, 2013, 08:59:52 AM »
Hey man...

The lean gains approach is 20% under maintenance calories on off days and 20% above on training days. Seems people have had good results with that....you don't have to do the fasting thing but having higher cals on training days make sense.
I posted in the other thread, I always keep it simple maybe 2200 for dj a day for his size to maintain current leaness. I always do 6 days on lows cals then a cheat day now you can't "blow it out of the water" on cheat days but just have some foods you like. The up and down every 3 or so days is to difficult to keep up with I guess I'm lazy and try to simply things.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #772 on: April 16, 2013, 09:29:35 AM »
I posted in the other thread, I always keep it simple maybe 2200 for dj a day for his size to maintain current leaness. I always do 6 days on lows cals then a cheat day now you can't "blow it out of the water" on cheat days but just have some foods you like. The up and down every 3 or so days is to difficult to keep up with I guess I'm lazy and try to simply things.

Yeah some approaches require a lot more planning which can become quite a pain. For me, I've stuck to high calories/low carbs and every 4th or 5th day I just add a high carb day. I've been able to minimize fat gain that way.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #773 on: April 16, 2013, 09:52:19 AM »
Yeah some approaches require a lot more planning which can become quite a pain. For me, I've stuck to high calories/low carbs and every 4th or 5th day I just add a high carb day. I've been able to minimize fat gain that way.
Thats good maybe 5th or 6th day carb up.

Falcon just called me today says he lost around 20 lbs but has no energy graving fats, reason is he started mowing yards because it's spring here. His carbs are being burned due to mowing sugar/fructose is the first thing the body now he is graving fats why because the body goes to the next source of energy carbs, fats protein last when its gets to protein muscle loss occurs. You can only go on low carbs for a few days the the body redirects itself.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #774 on: April 16, 2013, 09:57:18 AM »
once your lean enough it's easier to carb play,you can see in few days/week's time your condition to fall off by just looking in mirror and telling your condition especially abs they get blurred quick...then you could play with simple/complex/choices of carbs oats.rice /wholegrains/starchy veggies to add and subtract...