Author Topic: Anyone miss their deceased dog?!?  (Read 3690 times)

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
Re: Anyone miss their deceased dog?!?
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 12:59:06 PM »
it's the old saying "the more I get to know people, the more I love my dog"

That's a plausible explanation

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 03:42:47 PM »

:)

dustin

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 03:52:36 PM »
Same here. I don't like to admit it but I do get more tore up at a loss of a dog than a person, even close family.  Like someone in here said there is no evil inside dogs and they are always there to comfort you.

Biggest reason I don't get my own dog now is that it just tears me up to lose them though. Family has a couple dogs though.

Okay, good. Now I don't feel like such a piece of shit.

As funny as it sounds to type this, but my dog helped me through some of the darkest times in my life. I probably wouldn't be as happy, healthy or successful without the furry little fucker looking up at me with his big dopey eyes and infinite amounts of affection. I'm not into tattoos or anything, but I keep trying to think of something I could throw on my body to honor him, that wouldn't look too stupid.

Dogs can provide some serious therapy for people and I think they need more of them in long term care facilities and psych wards. I've seen spacey old people at care homes calm right the fuck down and really sharpen up, cognitively speaking. Just from petting a cat that pops in and out or a therapy dog, it can really restore their physical and mental health. Same thing in the psych wards. I've seen skitzo's snap back to reality quite an appreciable amount considering there's no psychological or pharmacological intervention - just a smiley ass canine who'll love the fuck out of you unconditionally. Powerful stuff! 8)

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 03:54:49 PM »
honestly i am always puzzled how people can care so much about animals

it's a bit bewildering

a good dogthat you have a solid bond with is better than any human friend. You can only understand having experienced it.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 04:04:37 PM »
its fucking terrible :-[

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 04:44:56 PM »

not even going to try to watch that man, Id be a crying mess. and yes, lost my Pomeranian last year. fucking brutal

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 04:49:29 PM »
 :'( Every Single time.  I shouldn`t have posted this.  :'(   :'(   :'(

How Could You?

When I was a puppy, I entertained you with my antics and made you laugh. You called me your child, and despite a number of chewed shoes and a couple of murdered throw pillows, I became your best friend. ...

Whenever I was "bad," you'd shake your finger at me and ask "How could you?" -- but then you'd relent and roll me over for a belly rub.

My housebreaking took a little longer than expected, because you were terribly busy, but we worked on that together. I remember those nights of nuzzling you in bed and listening to your confidences and secret dreams, and I believed that life could not be any more perfect.

We went for long walks and runs in the park, car rides, stops for ice cream (I only got the cone because "ice cream is bad for dogs" you said), and I took long naps in the sun waiting for you to come home at the end of the day.

Gradually, you began spending more time at work and on your career, and more time searching for a human mate. I waited for you patiently, comforted you through heartbreaks and disappointments, never chided you about bad decisions, and romped with glee at your homecomings, and when you fell in love.

She, now your wife, is not a "dog person" -- still I welcomed her into our home, tried to show her affection, and obeyed her. I was happy because you were happy.

Then the human babies came along and I shared your excitement. I was fascinated by their pinkness, how they smelled, and I wanted to mother them, too. Only she and you worried that I might hurt them, and I spent most of my time banished to another room, or to a dog crate. Oh, how I wanted to love them, but I became a prisoner of love."

As they began to grow, I became their friend. They clung to my fur and pulled themselves up on wobbly legs, poked fingers in my eyes, investigated my ears, and gave me kisses on my nose. I loved everything about them and their touch -- because your touch was now so infrequent -- and I would've defended them with my life if need be. I would sneak into their beds and listen to their worries and secret dreams, and together we waited for the sound of your car in the driveway.

There had been a time, when others asked you if you had a dog, that you produced a photo of me from your wallet and told them stories about me. These past few years, you just answered "yes" and changed the subject. I had gone from being "your dog" to "just a dog," and you resented every expenditure on my behalf.

Now, you have a new career opportunity in another city, and you and they will be moving to an apartment that does not allow pets. You've made the right decision for your "family," but there was a time when I was your only family.

I was excited about the car ride until we arrived at the animal shelter. It smelled of dogs and cats, of fear, of hopelessness. You filled out the paperwork and said "I know you will find a good home for her." They shrugged and gave you a pained look. They understand the realities facing a middle-aged dog, even one with "papers."

You had to pry your son's fingers loose from my collar as he screamed, "No, Daddy! Please don't let them take my dog!" And I worried for him, and what lessons you had just taught him about friendship and loyalty, about love and responsibility, and about respect for all life.

You gave me a good-bye pat on the head, avoided my eyes, and politely refused to take my collar and leash with you. You had a deadline to meet and now I have one, too. After you left, the two nice ladies said you probably knew about your upcoming move months ago and made no attempt to find me another good home. They shook their heads and asked "How could you?"

They are as attentive to us here in the shelter as their busy schedules allow. They feed us, of course, but I lost my appetite days ago.

At first, whenever anyone passed my pen, I rushed to the front, hoping it was you that you had changed your mind -- that this was all a bad dream... or I hoped it would at least be someone who cared, anyone who might save me.

When I realized I could not compete with the frolicking for attention of happy puppies, oblivious to their own fate, I retreated to a far corner and waited. I heard her footsteps as she came for me at the end of the day, and I padded along the aisle after her to a separate room. A blissfully quiet room.

She placed me on the table and rubbed my ears, and told me not to worry. My heart pounded in anticipation of what was to come, but there was also a sense of relief. The prisoner of love had run out of days.

As is my nature, I was more concerned about her. The burden which she bears weighs heavily on her, and I know that, the same way I knew your every mood.

She gently placed a tourniquet around my foreleg as a tear ran down her cheek. I licked her hand in the same way I used to comfort you so many years ago.

She expertly slid the hypodermic needle into my vein. As I felt the sting and the cool liquid coursing through my body, I lay down sleepily, looked into her kind eyes and murmured "How could you?"

Perhaps because she understood my dogspeak, she said "I'm so sorry." She hugged me, and hurriedly explained it was her job to make sure I went to a better place, where I wouldn't be ignored or abused or abandoned, or have to fend for myself --a place of love and light so very different from this earthly place.

And with my last bit of energy, I tried to convey to her with a thump of my tail that my "How could you?" was not directed at her. It was directed at you, My Beloved Master, I was thinking of you. I will think of you and wait for you forever. May everyone in your life continue to show you so much loyalty.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 04:54:41 PM »
yes i miss my dogs

it doesn't matter what you look like, what you say, what you do for a living etc

they love you just for being you forever

if you don't want to own one fine but i don't trust people that hate dogs, says a lot about a person that doesn't like a creature that likes you no matter what

only a monster can hurt a dog

E
E

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 05:53:08 PM »
:'( Every Single time.  I shouldn`t have posted this.  :'(   :'(   :'(

How Could You?

When I was a puppy, I entertained you with my antics and made you laugh. You called me your child, and despite a number of chewed shoes and a couple of murdered throw pillows, I became your best friend. ...

Whenever I was "bad," you'd shake your finger at me and ask "How could you?" -- but then you'd relent and roll me over for a belly rub.

My housebreaking took a little longer than expected, because you were terribly busy, but we worked on that together. I remember those nights of nuzzling you in bed and listening to your confidences and secret dreams, and I believed that life could not be any more perfect.

We went for long walks and runs in the park, car rides, stops for ice cream (I only got the cone because "ice cream is bad for dogs" you said), and I took long naps in the sun waiting for you to come home at the end of the day.

Gradually, you began spending more time at work and on your career, and more time searching for a human mate. I waited for you patiently, comforted you through heartbreaks and disappointments, never chided you about bad decisions, and romped with glee at your homecomings, and when you fell in love.

She, now your wife, is not a "dog person" -- still I welcomed her into our home, tried to show her affection, and obeyed her. I was happy because you were happy.

Then the human babies came along and I shared your excitement. I was fascinated by their pinkness, how they smelled, and I wanted to mother them, too. Only she and you worried that I might hurt them, and I spent most of my time banished to another room, or to a dog crate. Oh, how I wanted to love them, but I became a prisoner of love."

As they began to grow, I became their friend. They clung to my fur and pulled themselves up on wobbly legs, poked fingers in my eyes, investigated my ears, and gave me kisses on my nose. I loved everything about them and their touch -- because your touch was now so infrequent -- and I would've defended them with my life if need be. I would sneak into their beds and listen to their worries and secret dreams, and together we waited for the sound of your car in the driveway.

There had been a time, when others asked you if you had a dog, that you produced a photo of me from your wallet and told them stories about me. These past few years, you just answered "yes" and changed the subject. I had gone from being "your dog" to "just a dog," and you resented every expenditure on my behalf.

Now, you have a new career opportunity in another city, and you and they will be moving to an apartment that does not allow pets. You've made the right decision for your "family," but there was a time when I was your only family.

I was excited about the car ride until we arrived at the animal shelter. It smelled of dogs and cats, of fear, of hopelessness. You filled out the paperwork and said "I know you will find a good home for her." They shrugged and gave you a pained look. They understand the realities facing a middle-aged dog, even one with "papers."

You had to pry your son's fingers loose from my collar as he screamed, "No, Daddy! Please don't let them take my dog!" And I worried for him, and what lessons you had just taught him about friendship and loyalty, about love and responsibility, and about respect for all life.

You gave me a good-bye pat on the head, avoided my eyes, and politely refused to take my collar and leash with you. You had a deadline to meet and now I have one, too. After you left, the two nice ladies said you probably knew about your upcoming move months ago and made no attempt to find me another good home. They shook their heads and asked "How could you?"

They are as attentive to us here in the shelter as their busy schedules allow. They feed us, of course, but I lost my appetite days ago.

At first, whenever anyone passed my pen, I rushed to the front, hoping it was you that you had changed your mind -- that this was all a bad dream... or I hoped it would at least be someone who cared, anyone who might save me.

When I realized I could not compete with the frolicking for attention of happy puppies, oblivious to their own fate, I retreated to a far corner and waited. I heard her footsteps as she came for me at the end of the day, and I padded along the aisle after her to a separate room. A blissfully quiet room.

She placed me on the table and rubbed my ears, and told me not to worry. My heart pounded in anticipation of what was to come, but there was also a sense of relief. The prisoner of love had run out of days.

As is my nature, I was more concerned about her. The burden which she bears weighs heavily on her, and I know that, the same way I knew your every mood.

She gently placed a tourniquet around my foreleg as a tear ran down her cheek. I licked her hand in the same way I used to comfort you so many years ago.

She expertly slid the hypodermic needle into my vein. As I felt the sting and the cool liquid coursing through my body, I lay down sleepily, looked into her kind eyes and murmured "How could you?"

Perhaps because she understood my dogspeak, she said "I'm so sorry." She hugged me, and hurriedly explained it was her job to make sure I went to a better place, where I wouldn't be ignored or abused or abandoned, or have to fend for myself --a place of love and light so very different from this earthly place.

And with my last bit of energy, I tried to convey to her with a thump of my tail that my "How could you?" was not directed at her. It was directed at you, My Beloved Master, I was thinking of you. I will think of you and wait for you forever. May everyone in your life continue to show you so much loyalty.

Wow that hurt :'(

I've never given up a pet in my life.

dustin

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 05:57:00 PM »

Saw the video title. No fucking way I'm clicking on that. :-X

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2013, 06:03:59 PM »
Thanks everyone! I know getbig isn't usually sympathetic, lol but I'm glad alot of guys relate to my grief and thank you for messages... I know people think, but won't dare say it, he was a "dog," but I remember how loyal he was (he'd give his life in a second to prevent me from injury) and how he (unlike girls in my life) was always in a good mood and always happy to see me when I came in the door... I miss him everyday  :'(

dustin

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2013, 06:22:12 PM »
Thanks everyone! I know getbig isn't usually sympathetic, lol but I'm glad alot of guys relate to my grief and thank you for messages... I know people think, but won't dare say it, he was a "dog," but I remember how loyal he was (he'd give his life in a second to prevent me from injury) and how he (unlike girls in my life) was always in a good mood and always happy to see me when I came in the door... I miss him everyday  :'(

I'm not shy when it comes to tearing someone a new one, but if they tell me they're grieving over the loss of their best friend then all jokes should be set aside. A lot of us have experienced the same pain and it's second to none. There's plenty of time for jokes later.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2013, 12:11:20 AM »
Oh fuck Adonis - that's a shitty start to my day.

I've had friends who've given their dogs up because they had partners who didn't like them, or because they had to move. I don't understand it. I can't understand it.

Fuck anyone who doesn't like my dog - I wouldn't want to be with them.

Fuck my friends too for giving up their dogs.

I live in an apartment but the Sunday's I'm home I spend at the local animal shelter walking and playing with the orphans.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2013, 04:21:47 AM »
I lost Lindsey, my pit mix in August. The vet came and put her down in her backyard while I held her. Hardest decision that I ever made (she had stage 4 cancer), but the only decision to make.

3 weeks later I rescued a pit/border collie/lab mix from a shelter in OH. She's 9 months yesterday and at my feet as I type this.

I still miss Lindsey, but we are a dog and cat house, so we got back on that horse (yeah, there are horses too). Dog people should have dogs. You can miss and love the one you lost while caring for another.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2013, 07:50:55 AM »
Saw the video title. No fucking way I'm clicking on that. :-X

seriously. fuck that.

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2013, 08:48:58 PM »
I cannot watch anything that is cruel to "man's best friend"... Miss my best friend  :'(

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 10:44:31 AM »
  I had a job opportunity but would have had to give up my pit if we moved.. We agreed no way.. She is part of the family.. She is almost one of the kids..lol.. It is not her fault so one should not ask her to bare any of the burden.. Those that can just put a dog down because its " just a animal" are disgusting.. They rely on us.. Plain and simple..

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 12:18:12 PM »
I should have never read that which Adonis posted.   :'(

True story here.  In Miami there is a "pet drop" off center.  Unlike the Humane Society where you have to pay to adopt a pet, here the owners have to pay those fees in order to drop them off.  So instead of paying $55 to adopt, you only pay $5 since the owner has already paid the other $50.  You can also bring elderly pets in to be put to sleep due to illness, age, etc... for $30. 

I was there when a family came in with their little boy about 6 and their dog which was still a puppy.   Not really more than 2 years old.  The woman was at the desk in a full rage argument with the staff because she wanted to have the puppy put to sleep instead up put up for adoption because it was $20 cheaper.  Never in my life did I want to blow someone's brains out that badly.  The husband finally just threw the leash on the ground, scooped up the little boy and walked out the door with the wife in tow.  Got in the car and drove off.  Abandoning the puppy right there in the lobby. 

Pets = unconditional love and full heart acceptance of you. 

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
NO, but Sometimes i look at my fish tanks and miss my Queen angelfish

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2013, 12:27:37 PM »
Remember doing 9mm pistol shooting on the ranges here in Germany and a German Guy who worked on the ranges came over and asked one of us to shoot his dog to save him going to a vet and paying for it >:( told him to fuck off before he got his face smashed in...what a kunt !

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 12:32:13 PM »
NO, but Sometimes i look at my fish tanks and miss my Queen angelfish

nice fish...my old man had a 6ft tank of tropical fish.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 01:05:40 PM »
I lost my chocolate lab @ 7 years ago. I want another dog badly but I don't want to put myself through what I went through went Kirby passed away. It is a sickening feeling when they pass.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 01:13:47 PM »
I guess I'm glad he's going to die before I do so that he won't be lost, but I will be.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2013, 01:14:39 PM »
I lost my chocolate lab @ 7 years ago. I want another dog badly but I don't want to put myself through what I went through went Kirby passed away. It is a sickening feeling when they pass.

This is a mistake. We are dog folks and dog folks should have dogs.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2013, 01:20:34 PM »
This is a mistake. We are dog folks and dog folks should have dogs.

I will get another dog some day. I am just not in any hurry. I plan on retiring from work in about 9-10 years so I may wait until then so I can spend a lot of time with it as a puppy and train it.