Author Topic: RIP Joe Weider  (Read 57604 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Joe Weider on life support?
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 08:15:58 AM »
:'( :'( :'( :'(

He's lived a good life. Accomplished so much.
HE DID UR RIGHT,,HE PROMOTED A 'HOBBY'WHICH IS IN FACT WHY WE LIFT,COME HERE TO PLAY,AND AT ONE TIME BOUGHT MAGAZINES TO READ TO BELIEVE ON REACHING THE ULTIMATE BODY...

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 08:17:01 AM »
My first experience with Weider was back in the early 80's with their milk & egg protein powders.    You'd dump a scoop of the protein in a glass of juice or milk, stir the fuck out of it, and "poof" the powder would float back up to the top.  The shit just wouldn't mix properly.   There was no shaker cups or hand blenders back in those days.   Our family didn't even have a regular blender at the time, so I would spend 15 minutes just trying to blend the damn protein shake so I could drink the horrid thing.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 08:19:29 AM »
My first experience with Weider was back in the early 80's with their milk & egg protein powders.    You'd dump a scoop of the protein in a glass of juice or milk, stir the fuck out of it, and "poof" the powder would float back up to the top.  The shit just wouldn't mix properly.   There was no shaker cups or hand blenders back in those days.   Our family didn't even have a regular blender at the time, so I would spend 15 minutes just trying to blend the damn protein shake so I could drink the horrid thing.

My first supplement was Weider's Dynamic Weight Gainer back in '88 or '89. My best friend's stepfather was using it. But, he didn't like it. So, he gave it away.

It tasted weird, not disgusting, just weird.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 08:19:51 AM »

Hahahah yes! I remember that powder, I got it down to a tee by using a fork and adding the powder first and adding warm water little by little until I beat it into a smooth paste (no homo) then i'd add cold water and couple of ice cubes  ;D Still tasted like egg powder though  :-X

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 08:20:31 AM »

LMFAO! True Story

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 08:27:40 AM »
Everything was "Weider" when i first started lifting (supplements/magazines/IFBB and NPC/books/courses) Joe had a monopoly on bodybuilding (and i always wondered what would happen when/if he dies) He truly is (like him or hate him) "the father of bodybuilding"....

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 08:42:04 AM »
Bodybuilding as we know it would not have existed without him! Get well Joe! You lived a schmoe life!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 08:44:48 AM »
Everything was "Weider" when i first started lifting (supplements/magazines/IFBB and NPC/books/courses) Joe had a monopoly on bodybuilding (and i always wondered what would happen when/if he dies) He truly is (like him or hate him) "the father of bodybuilding"....

I believe that pic came from the following video:

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 08:51:48 AM »
Isn't there a way to give him a fix of liquified thong through his IV to wake him up?

lmao

:D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 08:54:44 AM »
Joe is 93. He can't live forever. When he goes, his life should be celebrated. I'm glad I got to meet him. Our lives would be much different (those that lift, juice, diet) had it not had been for him. Do we agree with everything he's done? No. But he's done alot more good than bad, and for that he should be remembered.

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2013, 08:57:34 AM »
Our lives would be much different (those that lift, juice, diet) had it not had been for him.

This makes no sense. Maybe if you said those who do this for a living, you would have a leg to stand on.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2013, 10:26:58 AM »
my first gym set was a Weider Plastic cement weight set from sears , my grandma got it for me for Christmas  ;D

lol,same here, bought my 110 lb weider plastic cement set in 1975. good days back then
R

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2013, 11:01:01 AM »
Get well Joe the Schmoe.

On a serious note, I wish him well - just the name Wieder brings back fond memories of my first cement filled wieder weight gain powder and weights!

fixed

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2013, 11:58:34 AM »
Amazing he was allowed to get non-profit status for the IFBB...He truly has some Hierarchy status.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 03:24:44 PM »
Amazing he was allowed to get non-profit status for the IFBB...He truly has some Hierarchy status.

IFBB is non-profit?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2013, 03:32:27 PM »
::)  Got RICH selling a pile of bullshit lies to KIDS . But according to modern logic he is a great man because he made allot of money . Strange way we view things  ::)

we all love arnold

who brought him to america?

E
E

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2013, 03:36:19 PM »
IFBB is non-profit?

That's my understanding.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2013, 03:39:33 PM »
Close to 100 what do you expect.
Dude lived a long life, sold a lot of magazines, sold a lot of gym equipment, and brought Arnold to the masses. And I willing to bet that the IFBB will change after he passes away.

His brother died a billionaire, I wonder where that money went, and did Jos and Ben have kids?

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 03:41:38 PM »
Dude lived a long life, sold a lot of magazines, sold a lot of gym equipment, and brought Arnold to the masses. And I willing to bet that the IFBB will change after he passes away.

His brother died a billionaire, I wonder where that money went, and did Jos and Ben have kids?

There's a chance I'll be banned over this comment but I suspect some of that money went to Jewish charities and organisations

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2013, 03:46:41 PM »
There's a chance I'll be banned over this comment but I suspect some of that money went to Jewish charities and organisations
who knows, but Ben did have a book out on how Napoleon died, and had other vested interests.
It would be funny, if Joe says that upon his passing, that the winner (if he has over $1 billion of his own money) of HIS Mr. Olympia contest will receive 1 (or 2) million dollars. But, seriously doubt that will happened. And I don't think that he likes where bbing has gone.

I think he was also a real fan of Flex Wheeler's physique as well.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2013, 05:49:01 PM »
IFBB is non-profit?

I may be wrong but I think it is just the NPC that is non profit.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2013, 05:54:02 PM »
Its gonna start being a dominoe effect soon. Lots of greats are getting older. Sad to see eras end.

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2013, 05:56:37 PM »
Joe Weider was bodybuilding. The sport turned to shit a little before Ben passed.

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2013, 06:09:22 PM »

Einstein looks to be using the Duchaine principles
getbig or getgot

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2013, 06:41:14 PM »

Einstein looks to be using the Duchaine principles

Epic pushing your biceps with your hands.