Author Topic: Getbig is a powerful force even affecting the plots of West End Musicals  (Read 372 times)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Just caught this on the news, apparently the new muscial hit 'Book of Mormon' follows 2 young male missionaries to a remote Ugandan Village hahaha  ;D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21894697

The Book of Mormon, the Tony-winning musical from the creators of South Park, has received largely positive reviews at its West End premiere.

The show, which lampoons religion and musicals, has already been a huge Broadway hit.

The Evening Standard called it "spirited and refreshing", while Paul Taylor - writing for the Independent - "absolutely loved it".

However, The Telegraph critic Charles Spencer found it "hard to warm to".

The Book of Mormon follows the story of two missionaries played by Gavin Creel and Jared Gertner who are sent from Salt Lake City to preach in a remote Ugandan village.

Spencer said the show is "often damnably clever and sharp" but felt that mocking Mormons and their beliefs "is the softest of targets".

But he was complimentary of Creel and Gertner, who "make a cracking double-act as the mismatched missionaries".

Suggesting his three-star view "is likely to be a minority", Spencer added: "The Book of Mormon strikes me as a decadent and self-indulgent musical, and its mixture of satire and syrup ultimately proves repellent."

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Ugandan sailors, I must have missed the thread where this joke came from. Link? ???

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Ugandan sailors, I must have missed the thread where this joke came from. Link? ???

Just the place where Tbombz would go to summer camp every year  as a young lad.

Great times were had bro. Smores, campfires, fishing lessons and Wildlife photography. In fact, it was the first time Tbombz played with his first Black Mamba.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Just the place where Tbombz would go to summer camp every year  as a young lad.

Great times were had bro. Smores, campfires, fishing lessons,  and the first time Tbombz played with his first Black Mamba.

damn, how many more memes will tbombz create?