Author Topic: Ryan: 2016 Presidential Run 'Is in the Cards'  (Read 529 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Ryan: 2016 Presidential Run 'Is in the Cards'
« on: March 22, 2013, 12:09:39 PM »
He's probably running too.  So that's two so far (Huckabee and Ryan).  

Ryan: 2016 Presidential Run 'Is in the Cards'
Friday, 22 Mar 2013 By Greg McDonald

Rep. Paul Ryan says he is considering a run for the presidency in 2016, but won't think about it seriously until after the current budget process in Congress is complete and the nation's fiscal problems are under control.

"It is in the cards," he told Fox News' Greta Van Susteren Thursday night. "I'm going to take a look at this seriously later.

"But the way I look at this is I should not be clouding my judgment in doing my job right now," added the Wisconsin Republican who chairs the House Budget Committee and was the GOP 2012 vice presidential nominee.

"I'm the head of the Budget committee. I represent Wisconsin's 1st district, and I should not be putting into my mind, you know, some kind of political consideration three-and-a-half years down from now because I think that will cloud my judgment."

Ryan is often talked about a possible 2016 Republican contender along with Sens. Marco Rubio and Rand Paul, as well as Govs. Chris Christie of New Jersey, Bob McDonnell of Virginia, Scott Walker of Wisconsin, and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

But so far, Ryan has avoided being drawn into the speculation about how he would stack up against his GOP colleagues in what could be a fairly large presidential primary field three years from now.

"What I need to do is look at the moment we have right now. We're on the cusp of a debt crisis," he told Van Susteren, as she pressed him on his future plans. "We have a fiscal problem. We have an economic problem. I need to focus on that and I need to make sure that I make the right decisions for the right reasons on dealing with this issue.

"Then," he continued, "when we've dealt with that, then I'm going to give serious consideration to these other things.

"But I, for the life of me, don't think I should be focused on some political promotion or whatever down the road when I have an important job to do right now."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ryan-2016-presidential-race/2013/03/22/id/495872

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Ryan: 2016 Presidential Run 'Is in the Cards'
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 12:13:21 PM »
ehh, he didn't give any kind of bump as veep.   Romney got fewer votes than mccain, and palin was electrifying.  If anything, a strong candidate would pick Rubio because he'll pull that hispanic vote... Romney got what, 27% of the hispanic vote?  They need way more.

He couldn't control an interview with a drunken biden, or a kitchen full of clean dishes.  He's a great policy guy and will have a spot for the next 30 years in the policymaking of the party.  However, he doesn't have the gravitas, the depth, the likeability to be president.  Sorry, he just doesn't...

There are a lot of GOPers who could and would be great #1's on the ticket.  Jeb, Huck, even Christie if he's not a RINO. Hutchinson.  Portman. 
But this slew of entirely average candidates... too eager to please... they're 10 years away from having that command of every room.  Jeb and Huck woudl have DESTROYED the hapless biden in that interview.  Ryan got drymouth and fumbled :(

Sit this one out, paul Ryan... you need another decade in DC.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 02:15:14 PM »
This only confirms his delusions.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 09:47:54 PM »
dumbass lost his hometown

he'll never be on a national ticket again

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 12:13:59 AM »

Care to make a wager?

Unlike your 240esque proclamations about the post office, lets put down some actual money on it this time.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 07:07:06 AM »

hey you have to remember this is the party that ran palin as vp,never underestimate the         stupid party  :D :D :D :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 07:47:17 AM »
i can see him getting on the ticket, be being the last man standing.  T-Paw probably would have won the nomination in 2012 after the group took turns leading... newt by 20+ points... what planet are we living on?  lol.... and Trump - fcking clueless NBC employee lifetime liberal until 2008 Donald Trump... HE WAS THE GOP FRONTRUNNER!!

Yeah, Ryan could get the nomination and would lose to a paper bag of feces. 

IMO, Ryan will be a serious presidential threat to win it - if he stays out of the national races and just does his job for another ten years.  In 2024, he's a respected veteran, not a kid washing clean dishes because RINO mitt told him to.    I want a prez that has a command of every situation.  Cheney damn sure wouldn't have been posing with dishes for Dubya lol... and I respect the shit out of cheney.  He OWNED the room with gravitas.  looked like a man running shit.  Ryan doesn't have that, and wont for a decade.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 08:13:06 AM »
Care to make a wager?

Unlike your 240esque proclamations about the post office, lets put down some actual money on it this time.

LOL - tell me what my 240 esque proclamation about the post office was?
do you even know what I said ?

A few posters on this board have completely lied about what I said so maybe you're confused

btw - I'll be glad to wager on Ryan's future

how about this

He will neither be the Republican nominee in 2016 nor the VP choice

if I am wrong I'll donate $100 to the 2016 Repub nominee

If I am right you will donate $100 to the 2016 Dem nominee

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 09:04:43 AM »
ehh, he didn't give any kind of bump as veep.   Romney got fewer votes than mccain, and palin was electrifying.  If anything, a strong candidate would pick Rubio because he'll pull that hispanic vote... Romney got what, 27% of the hispanic vote?  They need way more.

He couldn't control an interview with a drunken biden, or a kitchen full of clean dishes.  He's a great policy guy and will have a spot for the next 30 years in the policymaking of the party.  However, he doesn't have the gravitas, the depth, the likeability to be president.  Sorry, he just doesn't...

There are a lot of GOPers who could and would be great #1's on the ticket.  Jeb, Huck, even Christie if he's not a RINO. Hutchinson.  Portman. 
But this slew of entirely average candidates... too eager to please... they're 10 years away from having that command of every room.  Jeb and Huck woudl have DESTROYED the hapless biden in that interview.  Ryan got drymouth and fumbled :(

Sit this one out, paul Ryan... you need another decade in DC.

He was announced as VP and then promptly muzzled.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 09:10:48 AM »
He was announced as VP and then promptly muzzled.
Lol, muzzled.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 10:56:43 AM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 12:11:22 PM »
Come again?

(no homo)
Great choice of words.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 12:14:28 PM »
the base already liked him - so screaming about cutting entitlements wasn't going to make them love him twice.

they didn't want him scaring off elderly FL voters with his extreme plan, so they kept him quiet after that so Romney could win the state.*

*Actual election results may vary