Author Topic: Harder to see results when you get older!!!  (Read 963 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Harder to see results when you get older!!!
« on: March 22, 2013, 08:01:25 PM »
Hey,

From 11 until 30 I lifted weights consistently and my muscles always responded well. I had not touched a weight since 2008 until just recently. I'm 35 years old now and I'm not seeing results. My muscles are just not reacting. I've gained SOME size, but nothing compared to the almost instant results I used to achieve after a short period of time.

Anyone else in the same situation? Also, DAMN, I stay sore for longer and I can't keep upping the weights either. I'm 35, not 75.

Any advice?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Harder to see results when you get older!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 08:07:18 PM »
Hey,

From 11 until 30 I lifted weights consistently and my muscles always responded well. I had not touched a weight since 2008 until just recently. I'm 35 years old now and I'm not seeing results. My muscles are just not reacting. I've gained SOME size, but nothing compared to the almost instant results I used to achieve after a short period of time.

Anyone else in the same situation? Also, DAMN, I stay sore for longer and I can't keep upping the weights either. I'm 35, not 75.

Any advice?
newsflash, your test production is decreasing as you age...

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
You should publish this research
Y

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 09:10:37 PM »
if it's harder to see results, it is your eyesight

if it's harder to improve, that is probably your declining hormone levels.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 09:27:17 PM »
So you joined here in 2006 haven't touched a weight since 2008    And here we are in 2013 and now you want advice.    You are the epitome of GETBIG

Between 2006 and 2008 I didn't need advice. I was at the gym consistently and had size and was strong. In 2008 I stopped lifting weights and started running. Dropped 74 pounds and remained lean for all these years (5) and just recently started lifting again and hence my post.

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 10:52:22 PM »
Hey,

Any advice?

Very similar situation. Lifted through my 20's sporadically. Stopped lifting for about 6-7years & got pretty fat (~240). Started up again ~35, now I'm 39 200LB ~10% BF. I don't ever get sore now after I lift. I can now go for a 10km street run, then a 1hr lifting session directly after it & not even notice it the next day.

A few things I've realized:

• If you max out in your younger years (which we all do when we first start lifting) & stop lifting you don't really loose much muscle
  • Do not lift for size as you get older, you'll end up doing more damage than good
  • Aim to be lean & accept whatever size you end up at ~10% BF. Because it's stupid trying to get huge at this age
  • Drugs are for insecure pussys
  • Tbombz is bisexual

Hope this helps.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 10:56:23 PM »
Very similar situation. Lifted through my 20's sporadically. Stopped lifting for about 6-7years & got pretty fat (~240). Started up again ~35, now I'm 39 200LB ~10% BF.

A few things I've realized:

• If you max out in your younger years (which we all do when we first start lifting) & stop lifting you don't really loose much muscle
  • Do not lift for size as you get older, you'll end up doing more damage than good
  • Aim to be lean & accept whatever size you end up at ~10% BF. Because it's stupid trying to get huge at this age
  • Drugs are for insecure pussys
  • Tbombz is bisexual

Hope this helps.

Hahahaaaaa

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 10:58:05 PM »
Hey,

Any advice?
At 35 you are at your peak for muscle size. You can actually blow up bigger than when you were younger. Only issue is your metabolism is slowing down so you should be more strict with your diet, do more cardio and eat better.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 11:57:25 PM »
I was still able to gain at 36-37 without drugs, but the gains were pretty minor.

From 40-41 onwards is when I started noticing a real difference. Especially when I see myself in photos, I find myself thinking I'm a bit smaller.

I haven't had the same kind of drive to be in the gym regularly though - I'm sure that's got a lot to do with it.