Author Topic: News Flash Joe Weider passed Away today. RIP  (Read 13194 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: News Flash Joe Weider passed Away today. RIP
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 03:29:13 PM »
Right
But you see in the long run he is still capitalizing on it.
I love the man and his wife for all they do for the sport.
Dave and Laree both have dedicated there lives to the sport and have written and published more articles about Zuver's Gym over the years than any other website. We all went through the hard times back in though's days. I for one am glad Dave is getting the rewards now.
RZ

Yes, it almost seems like he finally "got it." It just took a little while.
I also believe that attitude has a lot to do with it, and Dave's mindset seems to be in a much better state than it was back then. It's easier to succeed when you're focused on positivity rather than wasting precious energy on being negative.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 04:02:01 PM »

Yes, it almost seems like he finally "got it." It just took a little while.
I also believe that attitude has a lot to do with it, and Dave's mindset seems to be in a much better state than it was back then. It's easier to succeed when you're focused on positivity rather than wasting precious energy on being negative.

It's also a lot easier when you are not broke.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 10:45:47 AM »
It's also a lot easier when you are not broke.
for sure.
F

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 09:04:21 AM »

Betty Weider was also famous for the amount of air brushing and soft focus/lighting used in her pic's, as she became older. Also a very good business women.

Ben Weider was a true intellectual, raising well above the sub culture of BB'ing, into educational fields. Many Canadian honors and awards. Rumored to be gay. Joe, Ben and later Betty, a perfect trifecta.

Good or bad, which ever out weights the other, is up to interpretation. But the Weider's made a eternal mark on BB'ing.

F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 09:51:21 AM »
well at the end of the day only people who knew Joe Weider can really say what he was like. I think he was a shrewd business man.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 11:04:13 AM »
I think he was a shrewd business man.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Very few people make it to that level by being nice.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 12:04:25 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Very few people make it to that level by being nice.

Of course Joe used whatever means he could find to promote his business. He bought a lot of his fame by paying famous BBers to use there names. He personally didn't pickup scrawny little kids and spend every waking moment training them. Arnold was already a pretty big boy when Joe started paying him to work for him. Same with the others. All the big boys trained in other gyms, and learned from other lifter's, bodybulder's and trainers. In all fairness, Joe did help there careers. He showed there photos and told there stories to thousands. He among others boosted there careers to a point that they, on there own, might have never achieved. Joe will always be an icon in muscle history.  He is not the only one that made money off the big boys. Look at all the company's that paid Arnold, Franco, Dennis Tinerino, and many others to be shown in magazine's with there stuff even though they never used it.  Arnold, Franco, Dennis and others owe equal thanks to guys like Bill (peanuts) West, George Frenn, Terry Todd, Powerlifters that trained with them at gold's, Zuver's, Bill Pearls Gym, Muscle Beach and more, also taught them how to get massive gains. Trainers like Joe Gold, Leo Stern, Bob Zuver, Bill Pearl and many others helped these guys become great. It's never just one guy. But it does always become about the money. Some of these guys may have never gone as far in the business had they not found that financial support. After all who wouldn't love to train for free and get paid to do it?
RZ

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013, 01:43:47 PM »
 :)
F

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 11:00:20 PM »
Bob Zuver liked Joe Weider even away from work. Pop had this likeness done of Joe in the 80s.
Eric Askew did a nice job. This image is life size and was given to Bob Zuver's best friend where it hangers on Phil's wall as a reminder of there friendship. Every now and then Joe slips out to the back yard to get in a little posing routine.
RIP Joe.