Author Topic: Brown University: Queer minority worshops to overcome attraction to white gays.  (Read 9888 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Heard this earlier this week on Rush. But, it's on again, during the "Week in Review" broadcast.

I thought the whole gay argument was you can't control who you love. Now, even from the lefties, we get this? And, aren't these some of the very same people who blast anyone, trying to get folk to resist homosexuality, altogether (i.e. all the flap from that clinic the Bachmanns ran in Minnesota)?

Students at Brown University will host a workshop called “Protect me from what I desire,” which purports to help gay minority students resist their same-sex attractions to white people.

The event is sponsored by the Comprehensive Allyship Network, and will take place on April 8th. Though it will feature conversations about many aspects of gay sexuality, the dominant theme will be racial, according to the event’s Facebook page.

“Some of us… find ourselves falling always for the white queers or other bodies that possess dominant power, wishing we could have more agency in the process, be more intentional about who we desire and how,” the page reads.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/19/brown-universitys-workshop-on-gay-sex-will-segregate-participants-by-race/

You can't make up such foolishness, if you tried.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
well, yes you can.
dont believe everything El Rusho talks about.
now, if Greta van susteren or Shep Smith report, then there's a chance of something being truthful.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Interesting how it's always the fundies on this board who are so up to date on any story involving gay people

I wonder why that is?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
well, yes you can.
dont believe everything El Rusho talks about.
now, if Greta van susteren or Shep Smith report, then there's a chance of something being truthful.

So, the Daily Caller made this up too?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Interesting how it's always the fundies on this board who are so up to date on any story involving gay people

I wonder why that is?

Interesting how it's always the libs, ramming gay mess throughout the media and academia, trying to normalize this stuff, only to whine when "fundies" call them on it.

I wonder why that is.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

I wonder why that is?

Maybe because O-TWINK is always in the news and in the tv?  

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
I don't dislike you in the slightest but the, way that you consistently, create ungrammatical sentence fragments, via the use of commas, makes me want to punch you, in the, t,h,r,o,a,t.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
So, the Daily Caller made this up too?

Did I say you or anyone else made it up?

I just said it's interesting how fundies are always on top of every gay story

The first time I hear about most of them is when a fundie posts them here

Do you have a google alert for "gay news" or something?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Interesting how it's always the libs, ramming gay mess throughout the media and academia, trying to normalize this stuff, only to whine when "fundies" call them on it.

I wonder why that is.

also interesting how you fundies always like to use the word "ramming"

usually it's "ramming down our throat" or something like that

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I don't dislike you in the slightest but the, way that you consistently, create ungrammatical sentence fragments, via the use of commas, makes me want to punch you, in the, t,h,r,o,a,t.

Moi?

I thought a sentence fragment was a stand-alone group of words, which lacked either a verb or a noun.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Did I say you or anyone else made it up?

I just said it's interesting how fundies are always on top of every gay story

The first time I hear about most of them is when a fundie posts them here

Do you have a google alert for "gay news" or something?

I wasn't even talking to you, Einstein.

And, in case your ability to read has gone kaput....AGAIN, I mentioned that I heard this particular story on Rush's show.

Unfortunately, I don't need a Google alert for "gay news". This mess pops up, whether I want to hear about it or not. So, why are you blubbering about the fact that I simply reported it?

Oh! That's right! It's to duck and dodge the crux of the issue and why I actually reported it. If the crux of gay propagandists is that gays can't control who they love, then why are THEY trying to curb black, Asian, and Latino gays from having the hots for white homos?

These would be the same folks who'd blow a gasket, should someone dared to assist folk in ditching their homosexual behavior altogether.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
Moi?

I thought a sentence fragment was a stand-alone group of words, which lacked either a verb or a noun.

I don't have as firm a grasp on the relevant technical terms as I ought to, but the point is that you unnecessarily (and illogically) break up thoughts into various grammatical chunks rather than expressing them in full.

The above quoted sentence is an example: the content following 'I thought' should be in the form of a single embedded clause ("a sentence fragment was a stand-alone group of words which lacked either a verb or a noun"). The comma divvies up this single thought in a confusing way and is inappropriate.

http://www.kent.edu/writingcommons/resources/upload/commoncommaerrors.pdf

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
the good chirstian,i thought you were not suppose to judge people, typ. christian hypocrite

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I don't have as firm a grasp on the relevant technical terms as I ought to, but the point is that you unnecessarily (and illogically) break up thoughts into various grammatical chunks rather than expressing them in full.

The above quoted sentence is an example: the content following 'I thought' should be in the form of a single embedded clause ("a sentence fragment was a stand-alone group of words which lacked either a verb or a noun"). The comma divvies up this single thought in a confusing way and is inappropriate.

That depends on how it's used. I know that such is the case when using the word, "that". It's the reason I used the word, "which", since it's specifically for describing things vs. describing people. ("that" can be used in either case).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
the good chirstian,i thought you were not suppose to judge people, typ. christian hypocrite

As usual, you flap your beak without the slightest clue, regarding what you speak.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
That depends on how it's used. I know that such is the case when using the word,(unnecessary comma) "that". It's the reason I used the word,(unnecessary comma) "which", since it's specifically for describing things vs. describing people. ("that" can be used in either case).

As usual, you flap your beak without the slightest clue,(improper comma) regarding what you speak.

Your unseemly love affair with commas aside, your thoughts are still being communicated. This being the case, I will drop the issue in a desperate attempt to curb my disposition toward Grammatical Nazism. God Bless you and may you live to be 100.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I went to brown university for a track meet back in he day.  What a bunch of little twinks and fags.   Disgraces to manhood and womanhood.  Role reversal was strong there.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
what i find so funny is that the regular libtards on the board have the need to attack others and defend their agenda so much that even they cant come out and admit that even for ppl advocating same sex relationships this is stupid

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
Heard this earlier this week on Rush. But, it's on again, during the "Week in Review" broadcast.

I thought the whole gay argument was you can't control who you love. Now, even from the lefties, we get this? And, aren't these some of the very same people who blast anyone, trying to get folk to resist homosexuality, altogether (i.e. all the flap from that clinic the Bachmanns ran in Minnesota)?

Students at Brown University will host a workshop called “Protect me from what I desire,” which purports to help gay minority students resist their same-sex attractions to white people.

The event is sponsored by the Comprehensive Allyship Network, and will take place on April 8th. Though it will feature conversations about many aspects of gay sexuality, the dominant theme will be racial, according to the event’s Facebook page.

“Some of us… find ourselves falling always for the white queers or other bodies that possess dominant power, wishing we could have more agency in the process, be more intentional about who we desire and how,” the page reads.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/19/brown-universitys-workshop-on-gay-sex-will-segregate-participants-by-race/

You can't make up such foolishness, if you tried.

Interesting potential.  I'd like to see someone attempt to defend both stances, to see what that person would say.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
what i find so funny is that the regular libtards on the board have the need to attack others and defend their agenda so much that even they cant come out and admit that even for ppl advocating same sex relationships this is stupid

I find that rather funny myself. Notice the usual suspects HAVE YET to answer the initial charge, as to why these folks are trying to "control" who people love.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

What happened to your Balnazzar avatar bro? Warcraft III ftw.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Forgive me, but why are minorities so attracted to whites?  Why does this generally seem to be a one way street?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Forgive me, but why are minorities so attracted to whites?  Why does this generally seem to be a one way street?

Perhaps, it's due to a few centuries of white people, being held as the standard of all things beautiful?

Black people have undergone that for centuries. That's why black women get perms for their hair. Even dudes, back in day, got their hair "fried, dyed, and laid to the side". Heck, Al Sharpton sports that hairdo to this day.

If you've seen the movie "School Daze", you've seen the conflict between dark-skinned and light-skinned black women. I witnessed some of that first hand in college, having attended a historically-black college/university (HBCU) myself.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Perhaps, it's due to a few centuries of white people, being held as the standard of all things beautiful?

Black people have undergone that for centuries. That's why black women get perms for their hair. Even dudes, back in day, got their hair "fired, dyed, and laid to the side". Heck, Al Sharpton sports that hairdo to this day.

If you've seen the movie "School Daze", you've seen the conflict between dark-skinned and light-skinned black women. I witnessed some of that first hand in college, having attended a historically-black college/university (HBCU) myself.

hmmm... good point  :o

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
How you keep your cool like ou do = respect.

Black people have undergone that for centuries. That's why black women get perms for their hair. Even dudes, back in day, got their hair "fired, dyed, and laid to the side". Heck, Al Sharpton sports that hairdo to this day.