Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 21, 2014, 11:35:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is this "FAAAAAAAN-DDAAAAANNNN-GOOOOOOO" guy? He's now feuding with Jericho  (Read 2900 times)
MCWAY
Getbig V

Getbig!

« on: March 24, 2013, 07:31:58 PM »

He's like a hybrid between the Genius, Rico, and Triple H's blue-blood gimmick.
Report to moderator   Logged
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 06:50:30 AM »

He's like a hybrid between the Genius, Rico, and Triple H's blue-blood gimmick.
YEAH,,DECENT BUILD.MOVES AROUND RING.

$
funk51
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 07:43:50 AM »

he's been in developemental for like 7 years Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
funk51
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 07:46:39 AM »

he's been in developemental for like 7 years Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
real name johnny curtis born 1981 been wrestling since 1999, in wwe  developement since 2006.
MCWAY
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 09:04:39 AM »

Maybe he just needed the right gimmick. Remember how much Glen Jacobs toiled away in futility, before the Kane character was made.
Montague
Getbig V

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 03:25:22 PM »

Maybe he just needed the right gimmick. Remember how much Glen Jacobs toiled away in futility, before the Kane character was made.

You don't consider Isaac Yankem a triumph?

littleguns
Getbig IV

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 11:53:56 AM »

This is a farce, Jericho vs fandingo at WM...guy hasn't even wrestled a televised match and he is on WM?

Fucking tragedy...where is Cody Rhodes? Sandow? Kofi etc etc??
tu_holmes
Getbig V

Robot

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 11:58:31 AM »

He's shit.

The WWE pushing this guy at wrestlemania shows how fucked up they've gotten.
MCWAY
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 12:24:45 PM »

This is a farce, Jericho vs fandingo at WM...guy hasn't even wrestled a televised match and he is on WM?

Did they officially announce a match, betweeen Jericho and Fandago at WrestleMania? I didn't see it, if they did.
MCWAY
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 01:10:35 PM »

We may just see the biggest mixed tag match in history, with Team Rhodes Scholars and the Bella Twins vs. Tensai, Clay and the Funkadactyls.

As for Fandago, you gotta dig his "New Generation"-style pyro.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eYuG_Vd-5Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eYuG_Vd-5Q</a>

MCWAY
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 09:25:21 PM »

I missed Smackdown but will catch it on Youtube tomorrow.

Is there an official Jericho v. Fandago match for WrestleMania?
leonp1981
Getbig IV

mmmmm....

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 05:58:14 PM »

It's one of the worst gimmicks I've ever seen, no idea what they're supposed to be doing with him.  He was in one of the NXT seasons as himself, and had a pretty decent natural personality, bit of charisma, able to speak, etc.  This repackage makes no sense, and a match at WM against Jericho?  Someone must see something in Fandango...
MCWAY
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 08:01:17 PM »

It's one of the worst gimmicks I've ever seen, no idea what they're supposed to be doing with him.  He was in one of the NXT seasons as himself, and had a pretty decent natural personality, bit of charisma, able to speak, etc.  This repackage makes no sense, and a match at WM against Jericho?  Someone must see something in Fandango...

The match is official, and this could be a sleeper match. In a wacky kind of way, Fandango has a lot of Jericho's heel traits. I even smell an upset here, with Fandango getting the win.

When I first saw the promos, I thought WWE was smoking crack for pushing a guy like this. But, he's grown on me a bit. Fandango is a throwback to the "New Generation". We had clowns (Doink), garbagemen (Duke "The Dumpster" Drosse), plumbers (T.L. Hopper), ex-hockey players (The Goon), wannabe rock guitarists (Man Mountain Rock), nuclear accidents (Adam Bomb), country singers ("Double J" Jeff Jarrett)....a ballroom dancer would have been perfect back then.
littleguns
Getbig IV

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 05:16:15 AM »

If they were smart, get Fandango a light up vest to rib on Jericho's. I know Jericho is a team player but I am sure when he signed to come back to WWE I am sure he had a bigger vision for Wrestlemania than to potentially put over a newbie.
Montague
Getbig V

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 05:21:54 AM »

If they were smart, get Fandango a light up vest to rib on Jericho's. I know Jericho is a team player but I am sure when he signed to come back to WWE I am sure he had a bigger vision for Wrestlemania than to potentially put over a newbie.

I honestly suspect he doesn't care. Jericho's made his mark in this business. There isn't much left for him to do that he hasn't already done - at least insofar as what's in his reach. This may simply be a nice paycheck and bit of exposure for him.
MCWAY
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 11:01:05 AM »

Fandago is glittery enough, as it is. Besides, I think this is good for both guys. Done properly, it gives Fandango legitimacy and Jericho new life in his career, showing that he can hang with the new jacks.

It reminds me a lot (before that God-awful incident that occured) of Chris Benoit and MVP. Benoit beat MVP at WrestleMania 23 and at Backlash, successful US title defenses. But, they had a 2-out-3 falls match for the belt; and MVP won the title by winning the first and second falls. In all those matches, the key was Benoit could NOT get the Crossface on MVP. Mr "305" always had a counter for it or was close to the ropes to escape.

There's no other spot for Jericho, anyway. The WWE title match is locked; the World title match is locked; the crack at 'Taker's streak is locked. Another IC run (or a US title shot) does little for Jericho at this point.

Again, Fandango has a lot of heel Jericho traits in him. If they gel together in the ring, this could be a doozy of a feud.

MCWAY
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 08:51:41 PM »

This feud is getting a little one-sided. Tonight was the THIRD time Fandago has beaten up Jericho after a match.....and of course, he told him how to pronounce his name properly.

"It's FFFFAAAAAANNN-DAAAAAAAAAANN-GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
MB_722
Getbig V

RIP Keith

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 08:59:38 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA6BZ9HNbhg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA6BZ9HNbhg</a>
MCWAY
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 10:08:07 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA6BZ9HNbhg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA6BZ9HNbhg</a>

Funny video and all. But what do Piper and Heenan (in Santa gear) have to do with Jericho and Fandango?
tu_holmes
Getbig V

Robot

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 09:18:22 AM »

This feud is getting a little one-sided. Tonight was the THIRD time Fandago has beaten up Jericho after a match.....and of course, he told him how to pronounce his name properly.

"It's FFFFAAAAAANNN-DAAAAAAAAAANN-GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

FAAAAAAAN-DUUUUUUMBBBBB--OOOOOOOOO
MCWAY
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 08:56:03 PM »

FAAAAAAAN-DUUUUUUMBBBBB--OOOOOOOOO

Jericho called him that a few days ago; look what happened to him.

Grin
MCWAY
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 09:29:45 AM »

It's one of the worst gimmicks I've ever seen, no idea what they're supposed to be doing with him.  He was in one of the NXT seasons as himself, and had a pretty decent natural personality, bit of charisma, able to speak, etc.  This repackage makes no sense, and a match at WM against Jericho?  Someone must see something in Fandango...

Does it make sense now? The guy has become a hit, thus far. The fans are singing his entrance music during matches now. In case you haven't heard, it's now called "Fandango-ing".

He just beat down Jericho again on Smackdown and reminded him yet again how to pronounce his name.......FAAAAAAAAN-DAAAAAAN-GOOOOOOO!!!!

Here's the match at Wrestlemania:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUa6sqZHcAs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUa6sqZHcAs</a>
tu_holmes
Getbig V

Robot

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 09:56:14 AM »

Does it make sense now? The guy has become a hit, thus far. The fans are singing his entrance music during matches now. In case you haven't heard, it's now called "Fandango-ing".

He just beat down Jericho again on Smackdown and reminded him yet again how to pronounce his name.......FAAAAAAAAN-DAAAAAAN-GOOOOOOO!!!!

Here's the match at Wrestlemania:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUa6sqZHcAs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUa6sqZHcAs</a>

Fuck Faaaaaaggggggggg-hoooooooo-moooooooooohhhhh
leonp1981
Getbig IV

mmmmm....

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2013, 08:53:23 PM »

Nope, still no sense.  I think it's more an indication of the guy's natural talent / charisma showing through, plus Jericho's ability to put someone over, than a successful persona.  The music going viral will be a massive help in the short term, but will it last? 

Zack Ryder had a similar thing with his YouTube show, got into main event storylines on Raw, but where is he now?  Last time I saw him, he was jobbing to someone in a 3 minute match.  Could have been Barrett.

Fandango will need to do something to make the switch from 'novelty' to serious.
Montague
Getbig V

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 04:28:59 AM »

Nope, still no sense.  I think it's more an indication of the guy's natural talent / charisma showing through, plus Jericho's ability to put someone over, than a successful persona.  The music going viral will be a massive help in the short term, but will it last?  

Zack Ryder had a similar thing with his YouTube show, got into main event storylines on Raw, but where is he now?  Last time I saw him, he was jobbing to someone in a 3 minute match.  Could have been Barrett.

Fandango will need to do something to make the switch from 'novelty' to serious.

Excellent post.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!