Author Topic: Efferding broke Jon Cole's 40 year old record in Raw Powerlifting tonight -  (Read 6270 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Damn strong lifts. Pause on the bench was shorter than other lifts i've seen but it was paused for sure. Squat was below parallel too.
follow the arrows

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
And what didn't Ronnie do in training?

THE BEEF

claymore

• Getbig IV
And what didn't Ronnie do in training?

THE BEEF

Ronnie squatted 800 with a suit and he pulled 805 for two with straps.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
where's that short black guy who claims to be the world strongest bodybuilder?

why wasnt he @ the meet?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
There is something to that, after a certain point, people just don't have an appreciation for the weights, they're just metal disks after awhile. But they do understand normal things like fridges, girls, loose change, engines, etc.... That was some of the appeal of the old 70's World Strongest Man shows, they were events guys could wrap their head around.

hot chick squatting a refrigerator (200 pounds) would get a million hits on youtube.

fat guy squatting 800 pounds would have 27 hits after two months.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President

claymore

• Getbig IV
hot chick squatting a refrigerator (200 pounds) would get a million hits on youtube.

fat guy squatting 800 pounds would have 27 hits after two months.

LOL So true !!!!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
Strong lifts! Lots of respect for Mr efferding ..but until he does it in a singlet and ace bandages, Jon Coles record still stands...as a competitive powerlifter myself, the state of today's sport saddens me..its the only sport that has actually devolved over time. Guys now a days are struggling to break 40 year old records even with gear, and advancements in technology...and multi-ply is just a joke plain and simple. You can either lift it or you can't, what's the point in the suits except ego...anyways Stan will always know in his mind he didn't really break any record, but he set a new modern day record. Congrats

Can anyone confirm this?
Y

Fortress

• Getbig V
CRAZY poundages. Sure, I can spot some less-than-perfect technical attributes on each of the lifts, but still, to move such weight, largely unaided with support gear, is freakish. As a powerlifter, I can definitely "feel" that squat bar watching Stan unrack it. Monstrous strain and crush.

Hails! 

kimo

• Getbig III
did they had the 275 pound class in cole time . i know he did 2370 at 282 bwt .

monopoly19

• Getbig II
  • 675 locked out...
Can anyone confirm this?

Wrong. Stan broke the record. He did it in a singlet and knee wraps, just like Cole did. Are knee wraps better today than 40 years ago? Yes they are, get over it. He smashed Cole's record by over 30lbs, AND he did it at a lighter bodyweight. I have all the respect for Jon Cole, guy is a strength legend but people are not giving Stan the credit he deserves.

Stan also totaled 2,226 with NO KNEE WRAPS.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
Wrong. Stan broke the record. He did it in a singlet and knee wraps, just like Cole did. Are knee wraps better today than 40 years ago? Yes they are, get over it. He smashed Cole's record by over 30lbs, AND he did it at a lighter bodyweight. I have all the respect for Jon Cole, guy is a strength legend but people are not giving Stan the credit he deserves.

The other guy said Cole's record still stands.  I don't know who to believe?
Y

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
The other guy said Cole's record still stands.  I don't know who to believe?

Regardless of what you think of the lifts (they were clean enough to my eye), this will come down to which lifter and federation you like. In the federation Stan was lifting in, it's the new raw record that broke Cole's, and most of the reviews of Stan's effort were positive.

The problem is that Powerlifting is broken up among tons of different federations, and you'll get some dissension among them, but amongst most, it's the new record.

You'll also find older lifters that take issue with the monolift and new knee wraps, so.......

It's the lack of a unified powerlifting federation that hurts it the most.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
Regardless of what you think of the lifts (they were clean enough to my eye), this will come down to which lifter and federation you like. In the federation Stan was lifting in, it's the new raw record that broke Cole's, and most of the reviews of Stan's effort were positive.

The problem is that Powerlifting is broken up among tons of different federations, and you'll get some dissension among them, but amongst most, it's the new record.

You'll also find older lifters that take issue with the monolift and new knee wraps, so.......

It's the lack of a unified powerlifting federation that hurts it the most.

In that case, I decide that I'm the strongest.
Y

claymore

• Getbig IV

Gotta agree....