Author Topic: Because you voted for it - ObamaCare application signs you up to vote.  (Read 1109 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
The 61-page online Obamacare draft application for health care includes asking if the applicant wants to register to vote, raising the specter that pro-Obama groups being tapped to help Americans sign up for the program will also steer them to register with the Democratic Party.

On page 59, after numerous questions about the applicant's identity and qualification for Obamacare, comes the question: "Would you like to register to vote?" The placement of the question could lead some to believe they have to register to vote to get health care.

In the introduction of the document, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services declare: "This document-the 'questionnaire'-represents each possible item that may need to be asked for successful eligibility determinations."

In a letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Monday, Rep. Charles Boustany Jr., chair of the House Ways and Means Oversight subcommittee, said HHS is overstepping its bounds by a mile.

"The draft documents wander into areas outside the department's purview and links applications for health insurance subsidies to voter registration," he wrote in the letter provided to Secrets. "The position of the question could lead some to think voter registration is somehow tied to subsidy eligibility," he added.

Boustany, a Louisiana Republican, said the application raises two alarming issues: What does HHS plan to do with all the information it collects on each applicant and will pro-Obama groups like AARP and Families USA that might be tapped as "navigators" to sign people up to Obamacare, steer them to register as Democrats. Others have indicated that groups like Planned Parenthood and ACORN could also act as a navigator.

In his letter, Boustany demands from HHS guidance for the navigator program, especially whether they will be encouraged to ask applicants about their voting status. He set an April 8 deadline for HHS' response.

He added that the Affordable Care Act does not let HHS probe into an applicant's choice to vote. What's more, he said the Paperwork Reduction Act requires that federal agencies seek only information needed to do their job.

"While the health care law requires that government agencies collect vast information about Americans' personal lives, it does not give your department an interest in whether individual Americans choose to vote," wrote Boustany.

Obamacare Draft Application

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
So what?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
So what....there's a number of federal documents that allows you to register to vote... ::)
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
So you go for a colonoscopy and the you are cool w the doc signing you to vote? 

Spoke like a real nig nog slave.   F you asshole 

Diet for show will you moron? 

what does him dieting have to do with your fucking moronic thread

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Skip to comments.

Obamavote: Healthcare application registers voters, too
The Washington Examiner's Washington Secrets ^ | March 25, 2013 | Paul Bedard
Posted on March 25, 2013 4:13:26 PM EDT by 2ndDivisionVet

The 61-page online Obamacare draft application for health care includes asking if the applicant wants to register to vote, raising the specter that pro-Obama groups being tapped to help Americans sign up for the program will also steer them to register with the Democratic Party.

On page 59, after numerous questions about the applicant's identity and qualification for Obamacare, comes the question: "Would you like to register to vote?" The placement of the question could lead some to believe they have to register to vote to get health care.

In the introduction of the document, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services declare: "This document-the 'questionnaire'-represents each possible item that may need to be asked for successful eligibility determinations."

In a letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Monday, Rep. Charles Boustany Jr., chair of the House Ways and Means Oversight subcommittee, said HHS is overstepping its bounds by a mile.

"The draft documents wander into areas outside the department's purview and links applications for health insurance subsidies to voter registration," he wrote in the letter provided to Secrets. "The position of the question could lead some to think voter registration is somehow tied to subsidy eligibility," he added.

Boustany, a Louisiana Republican, said the application raises two alarming issues: What does HHS plan to do with all the information it collects on each applicant and will pro-Obama groups like AARP and Families USA that might be tapped as "navigators" to sign people up to Obamacare, steer them to register as Democrats. Others have indicated that groups like Planned Parenthood and ACORN could also act as a navigator....

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Spoke like a real nig nog slave.   F you asshole  

^^^^^^^^^

HEY MODS

how is this post not a violation of your rules

OzmO
Getbig V

New Rule Added 11-15-12! READ THIS fIRST before posting
« on: November 13, 2012, 01:37:15 PM »
Not Allowed: "Abusive Ad-Hominem", meaning: No insults, name calling, or personal attacks (personal meaning at other posters) what so ever or Blatant baiting/bagering to get an angry response

Another way to put it(suggested from a poster):  "Personal attacks are not allowed. You can make your points effectively without attacking others posting on here."

Failure to follow this rule will lead to a ban.

Thank you.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Spoke like a real nig nog slave.   F you asshole 

???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
???

What does voting registration have to do with health care? 

Nothing. 

Only a slave to obama and his cult of personality would support this bullshit. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
as Vince pointed out

It makes perfect sense to multi task on something like this.  You're already filling out forms for a government benefit so you've been identified, verified etc.. so why not include voter registration. 

What's the problem ?

Because politicis does not have to be in your face all the time, even at the time a thermometer is jammed up your ass

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
^^^^^^^^^

HEY MODS

how is this post not a violation of your rules

OzmO
Getbig V

New Rule Added 11-15-12! READ THIS fIRST before posting
« on: November 13, 2012, 01:37:15 PM »
Not Allowed: "Abusive Ad-Hominem", meaning: No insults, name calling, or personal attacks (personal meaning at other posters) what so ever or Blatant baiting/bagering to get an angry response

Another way to put it(suggested from a poster):  "Personal attacks are not allowed. You can make your points effectively without attacking others posting on here."

Failure to follow this rule will lead to a ban.

Thank you.

Maybe if you take me off your ignore list, then maybe i will take you off mine and then you can just PM me and i can quickly take care of it.  

In the mean time stop spamming the board every time i remove one of your posts.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Maybe if you take me off your ignore list, then maybe i will take you off mine and then you can just PM me and i can quickly take care of it.  

In the mean time stop spamming the board every time i remove one of your posts.

Until then you are banned for 7 days.

why should the fact I'm ignoring you change your reason or ability to enforce your own rules

edit - you're off my ignore list.  I had forgotten I even put you on there

OzmO

• Getbig V
why should the fact I'm ignoring you change your reason or ability to enforce your own rules

Because that the way it is.  If you don't like it, stop posting here.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Because that the way it is.  If you don't like it, stop posting here.

I'm actually fine with that

As long as you admit enforcement is capricious and arbitrary then at least we don't have to pretend anymore

OzmO

• Getbig V
I'm actually fine with that

As long as you admit enforcement is capricious and arbitrary then at least we don't have to pretend anymore

Incorrect. 

Its not possible to monitor 100% of the threads 100% of the time.  that's why, when violations happen and no mods notice, then PM-ing alerts them. 

The 2 posters who were initially banned when the rules went into effect figured that out on their own. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Incorrect. 

Its not possible to monitor 100% of the threads 100% of the time.  that's why, when violations happen and no mods notice, then PM-ing alerts them. 

The 2 posters who were initially banned when the rules went into effect figured that out on their own. 

I took you off my ignore list (I had forgotten I put you on there)
I will just pm you next time

OzmO

• Getbig V
Ok, thanks.

Post away.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

edit - you're off my ignore list.  I had forgotten I even put you on there

Comical really considering what you get away with on here.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
who gives a shit if 333386 has the occasional meltdown...? he has 100K+ posts... some of them are bound to be fucked up

just the law of averages... not obama's fault