Author Topic: Airfare based on individual passanger weight hahaha  (Read 1528 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Airfare based on individual passanger weight hahaha
« on: March 26, 2013, 10:26:38 AM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/25/norway-professor-base-airfare-passengers-weight/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

A professor in Norway has proposed that airlines start charging passengers by the weight they carry — on their bodies.

Bharat P. Bhatta of the Sogn og Fjordane University College in Norway said a pay-what-you-weigh airline pricing scheme “is a universally accepted principle, not only in transportation, but also in other services.”

“As weight and space are far more important in aviation than other modes of transport, airlines should take this into account when pricing their tickets,” he told The Daily Mail.

Ian Yeoman, editor of the Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, agrees with Mr. Bhatta’s proposal, telling The Mail that “every extra kilogram means more expensive jet fuel must be burned, which leads to CO2 emissions and financial cost.”

“As the airline industry is fraught with financial difficulties, marginally profitable and has seen exponential growth in the last decade, maybe they should be looking to introduce scales at the check-in,” Mr. Yeoman added.

Mr. Bhatta told The Mail that the fare could be generated with a fixed rate for kilograms per passenger “so that a person weighing 60 kg pays half the airfare of a 120 kg person.”

HAHAHAHA I can see the liberal bleeding hearts crying now

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Airfare based on individual passanger weight hahaha
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:34:53 AM »
Michelle Obama, Rosie, Michael Moore, Fat Ed, Gore, Roseanne will be grounded indefinately if that is the case. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 11:47:33 AM »
I don't think I like this one.  lol

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 01:02:23 PM »
Michelle Obama, Rosie, Michael Moore, Fat Ed, Gore, Roseanne will be grounded indefinately if that is the case. 

Nah, ...they're all rich. They could afford endless tickets, ...even if they weighed as much as the major of Toronto.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 01:03:07 PM »
Nah, ...they're all rich. They could afford endless tickets, ...even if they weighed as much as the major of Toronto.

Or Christie Cream

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 09:26:42 PM »
I think its ridiculous.......and discriminatory against people who are overweight.......people can't help what they weigh most of the time.....

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 09:32:08 PM »
Bodybuilders would not be able to afford to fly.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 10:48:37 PM »
Bodybuilders would not be able to afford to fly.

That might not be such a bad thing considering all the protein shakes you guys consume.  ;)
Who the heck wants to be trapped in a confined space with nothing but re-circulated air to breathe?
Ban bodybuilders off planes!  ;D
w

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 05:42:00 AM »
That might not be such a bad thing considering all the protein shakes you guys consume.  ;)
Who the heck wants to be trapped in a confined space with nothing but re-circulated air to breathe?
Ban bodybuilders off planes!  ;D

HA!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 08:58:53 AM »
It won't happen.  The market wont let it.  I hope.  :o 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 06:27:02 PM »
It won't happen.  The market wont let it.  I hope.  :o 

Especially not with the obesity rates in this country.  Be like business suicide or something.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 08:34:25 PM »

Especially not with the obesity rates in this country.  Be like business suicide or something.
exactly it might have a chance elsewhere but not here in the US

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 01:35:44 AM »
exactly it might have a chance elsewhere but not here in the US

we said the same thing about bag fees

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 02:46:11 AM »
I think its ridiculous.......and discriminatory against people who are overweight.......people can't help what they weigh most of the time.....

lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 05:24:53 AM »

LMFAO!!!

How fat are you? 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 07:28:38 PM »
This is just another step into openly treating people as nothing more than FREIGHT!
w

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 07:43:08 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/25/norway-professor-base-airfare-passengers-weight/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

A professor in Norway has proposed that airlines start charging passengers by the weight they carry — on their bodies.

Bharat P. Bhatta of the Sogn og Fjordane University College in Norway said a pay-what-you-weigh airline pricing scheme “is a universally accepted principle, not only in transportation, but also in other services.”

“As weight and space are far more important in aviation than other modes of transport, airlines should take this into account when pricing their tickets,” he told The Daily Mail.

Ian Yeoman, editor of the Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, agrees with Mr. Bhatta’s proposal, telling The Mail that “every extra kilogram means more expensive jet fuel must be burned, which leads to CO2 emissions and financial cost.”

“As the airline industry is fraught with financial difficulties, marginally profitable and has seen exponential growth in the last decade, maybe they should be looking to introduce scales at the check-in,” Mr. Yeoman added.

Mr. Bhatta told The Mail that the fare could be generated with a fixed rate for kilograms per passenger “so that a person weighing 60 kg pays half the airfare of a 120 kg person.”

HAHAHAHA I can see the liberal bleeding hearts crying now

i thought this was a good and reasonable idea