Author Topic: SBC's Land: Polygamy Will Follow Gay Marriage  (Read 8347 times)

Purge_WTF

Re: SBC's Land: Polygamy Will Follow Gay Marriage
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 07:53:57 AM »
Give these Libs an inch....

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 07:59:19 AM »
i think the underlying argument in this article is that polygamy is somehow worse then homosexuality or heterosexuality and the argument is "look at the monster we have created!!!" 

it's funny but if you lash out and disagree that "just because we allow homosexual marriages doesn't mean it will lead to something as disgusting as polygamy" you're just as bigoted as the author. 

what's wrong with polygamy?  they're people just like you and me.  they can't control who they love. 

it just goes to show that both sides are bigoted.  they have just mutually agreed that being bigoted towards polygamy is acceptable but still disagree that being bigoted against homosexuality is OK.  if you agree with homosexual marriages then it should stand to reason that you accept polygamous marriages as well.  if you don't you're being hypocritical.  period.

That's my point, especially if you're basing gay "marriage", primarily on the emotion of love.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 08:07:18 AM »
Homosexuality is not considered by medical science and mental health experts to be a disease or a  mental disorder. Such is not the case with pedophilia. Thus at this point in time there is no evidence to support your theory that pedophiles are genetically disposed to their attraction to young children. Your argument is overreaching and based on false assumptions, thank goodness.

I see where you are going, but most laws have some cut off... They look at ages and they determine that people of certain ages can make decisions and certain ages can not.

You can drink at 21, not before... Vote at 18, not before... Choose to sleep with someone of a certain age at a certain age.

So obviously if you are old enough to choose to get married without any parental supervision, you can choose to marry or be in a marriage with one or more.

This "slippery slope" does not truly exist.

People just try to use it to have a talking point, but it's truly very silly.

Both excellent points. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 08:47:12 AM »
Gay divorce court is going to be Epic!!!!

yeah, you're definitely not a closet case

::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
I see where you are going, but most laws have some cut off... They look at ages and they determine that people of certain ages can make decisions and certain ages can not.

You can drink at 21, not before... Vote at 18, not before... Choose to sleep with someone of a certain age at a certain age.

So obviously if you are old enough to choose to get married without any parental supervision, you can choose to marry or be in a marriage with one or more.

This "slippery slope" does not truly exist.

People just try to use it to have a talking point, but it's truly very silly.

Actually it does. Ask Justice Sotomayor, if you don't believe me. What' the difference between a dude, "marrying" another dude vs. a dude marrying two women?

What about the religious aspect, specifically religious discrimination? In Islam, a man can marry up to 4 women. Isn't banning polygamy infringing on his religous rights?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 09:29:16 AM »
Actually it does. Ask Justice Sotomayor, if you don't believe me. What' the difference between a dude, "marrying" another dude vs. a dude marrying two women?

What about the religious aspect, specifically religious discrimination? In Islam, a man can marry up to 4 women. Isn't banning polygamy infringing on his religous rights?

No... it doesn't.

Do you think I agree with everything every Justice thinks?

Hell no... They are politicians too.

Again, if you are an adult and choose to get into a marriage with OTHER adults, and you all make the choice to do so and you're all adults and capable of making your own decisions... even if they are stupid ones, then you should be allowed to do it.

I don't frankly care to be in ANYONE'S business like that.

Maybe you do?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 09:37:01 AM »

is some part of that supposed to be a quote from Sotomayer

I don't see any harm in two people of the same sex getting married nor any harm in multiple people getting married

Most people (gay or straight) think of marriage as two people only

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 09:48:38 AM »
gay marriage is here to stay,all they're trying to do is muddy the waters. if my neighbors were gay i could care less,get over it and mind your own fucking business

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 09:51:01 AM »
the whole idea of marriage seems retarded to me now. why do you need other people to recognize you're "together" so that you can have sex? just fuck her already. jesus.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 09:59:10 AM »

"Most people"?  Where, in your neighborhood?  In the US?  In the West?  In the whole world?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 10:09:14 AM »
"Most people"?  Where, in your neighborhood?  In the US?  In the West?  In the whole world?

I'd say you could go anywhere and ask most people if they see a marriage as involving only two people and they will tell you yes

that's just my opinion though it you exclusively talk to people of the Saudi royal family you may get a different answer

I personally couldn't give less of a shit if two people or three or ten want to get married.

It doesn't harm me in any way at all so why would I give a shit?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2013, 10:14:19 AM »
I'd say you could go anywhere and ask most people if they see a marriage as involving only two people and they will tell you yes

that's just my opinion though it you exclusively talk to people of the Saudi royal family you may get a different answer

I personally couldn't give less of a shit if two people or three or ten want to get married.

It doesn't harm me in any way at all so why would I give a shit?

If you were in the middle east it would not be this way... It's about your perspective.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2013, 10:17:43 AM »

Likewise, you could go anywhere and ask most people if they see marriage as involving two people of the same gender and they will tell you No.  Didn't most people vote that way in California in 2008?  In fact, go in the deepest jungle in the Amazon and you'll find natives who have never seen civilization and you'll see that they too marry, but they don't marry people of the same gender.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2013, 10:32:33 AM »
Likewise, you could go anywhere and ask most people if they see marriage as involving two people of the same gender and they will tell you No.  Didn't most people vote that way in California in 2008?  In fact, go in the deepest jungle in the Amazon and you'll find natives who have never seen civilization and you'll see that they too marry, but they don't marry people of the same gender.

Actually since neither you nor I can go do the survey I guess we can just rely on current polls which show that "most people" are fine with gay marriage...i.e if asked if they see marriage as involving two people of the same gender they will tell you YES.  

unlike your statement this is not just me assigning my personal opinion to "most people"

Also, support for gay marriage in CA has shifted since Prop 8 passed and it would most likely not pass today (a moot point since it was overturned as being unconstitutional)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2013, 10:46:58 AM »
unlike your statement this is not just me assigning my personal opinion to "most people"

Unlike my statement?  It's your statement.  You are the one who started with the "most people." 

Also, support for gay marriage in CA has shifted since Prop 8 passed and it would most likely not pass today (a moot point since it was overturned as being unconstitutional)

The fact is that people voted and it passed.  None of what you posted is fact until there is another vote.

I am not arguing whether or not it's constitutional.  I know that truth, facts and righteousness are not a democracy.  If that's what you are saying too, then why even start your argument with "most people"?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2013, 10:47:38 AM »
If you were in the middle east it would not be this way... It's about your perspective.

that's why I mentioned the Saudi Royal family but then again we don't use the middle east as our benchmark in this country for civil rights

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2013, 10:48:34 AM »
Unlike my statement?  It's your statement.  You are the one who started with the "most people." 

The fact is that people voted and it passed.  None of what you posted is fact until there is another vote.

I am not arguing whether or not it's constitutional.  I know that truth, facts and righteousness are not a democracy.  If that's what you are saying too, then why even start your argument with "most people"?

yes, my statement is not just my opinion and is supported by current polls UNLIKE your statement which is contrary to current polls

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2013, 10:52:33 AM »
yes, my statement is not just my opinion and is supported by current polls UNLIKE your statement which is contrary to current polls

Yes, because polls accurately measure who will vote and how they will vote.  ::)

And what was my statement again?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2013, 10:56:49 AM »
Yes, because polls accurately measure who will vote and how they will vote.  ::)

And what was my statement again?

your statement is below and it is not supported by current polls

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2013, 10:58:35 AM »
your statement is below and it is not supported by current polls

My statement was based on your statement.  And your statement is not supported by polls either.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2013, 11:00:55 AM »

My statement was based on your statement.  And your statement is not supported by polls either.

I posted the summary of current polls that absolutely support my statement

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2013, 11:02:06 AM »
I posted the summary of current polls that absolutely support my statement

"That Most people (gay or straight) think of marriage as two people only"?  

No you did not.  There is no such poll.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2013, 11:08:10 AM »
Homosexuality is not considered by medical science and mental health experts to be a disease or a  mental disorder. Such is not the case with pedophilia. Thus at this point in time there is no evidence to support your theory that pedophiles are genetically disposed to their attraction to young children. Your argument is overreaching and based on false assumptions, thank goodness.
Actually until not to long ago homosexuality was a mental disorder.

If you're stance is that sexual attraction is biological then how can you condemn someone for their pedophilia?

It is sexual attraction to the same extent simple manifested in a different manner

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2013, 11:16:54 AM »

fair enough

I see your point however the polls I posted include the presumption of "2 people" only but I see your point

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2013, 11:46:32 AM »

There is a summary of Gallup polls that ask a number of questions one of which is whether polygamy is morally wrong.   Since the numbers show that 90% + of people that that polygamy is morally wrong do you think it's reasonable to infer that  "most people" think of marriage as between only two people?