Author Topic: Layne Norton the way to getbig  (Read 5999 times)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Re: Layne Norton the way to getbig
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 12:33:05 PM »
I'm a believer in what Layne teaches, he has the research to back it up!

http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/is-a-calorie-truly-a-calorie/

Again though, its not so black and white!

Wait just a goddamn minute.  I thought a calorie was just a calorie?  What's the meaning of this?   ???

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 12:36:40 PM »
Wait just a goddamn minute.  I thought a calorie was just a calorie?  What's the meaning of this?   ???

A calorie is just a calorie.... but there is a bit more to it than just that, like the thermogenic effects of certain foods, the leucine availability, etc etc

brucewayne

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 12:39:54 PM »
Layne has epic genetics for all natural...cant wait till he starts juicing and starts doing serious damage in olympia ranks

We can dream but that shit is not gonna happen...if he does its going to ruin his whole image...he will lose clients and fans

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 12:41:08 PM »
A calorie is just a calorie.... but there is a bit more to it than just that, like the thermogenic effects of certain foods, the leucine availability, etc etc

But, I thought TA said we could eat pizza, burgers, and ice cream, because it's all the same?  What gives?   ???

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 12:50:19 PM »
i dont care, he said pretty much that and he does look like garbage offseason.in layman terms, he looks like shit 50 weeks out of the whole year.

whoever wants to follow him, feel free to do so.lol.

the adonis approach on diet will grant the same results,if not better,im not even joking.

he does juice pre contest id guess, and those genetics and insertion still are way below average even for natural.

heres me off the juice, off training and off diet for 4months.

and im not even claiming to have good genetics.this is off training for 4 months.first day back to the gym.eating with no regards to any single dietary thing, and have roper sixpack there.

besides, "good" natiies dont typicaly turn into the best juicers.theres no general rules for that.

big ach, please stop the bullshit man, if you say macro is macro, you say calorie is calorie.period.
in adoniss defense, both are equally right.if id have to give the edge to one of them,id endorse adonis

Its not so black and white.  Layne Norton has never said you should eat whatever you want!!!  Not even basically said that... he has never said that.

Yes technically a calorie is a calorie... but when it comes to putting on muscle and losing weight, it is a bit more complicated than that.

Think of it this way:

Priority #1 for losing weight:  Calorie control
Priority #2 for losing weight:  Choosing a certain macro distribution that provides the optimal thermogenic effects.

Galeniko stop making shit up about what people are saying

No one said you should go eat ONLY kit kat bars night and day! 

Will you still lose weight if you eat less Kit Kat Calories than you use:  YES - YES YOU WILL!

Is this really an ideal/optimal approach to eat only Kit Kat bars:  FUCK NO

Will you be missing out on certain vitamins and minerals by only eating Kit Kat bars:  ABSOLUTELY

Will you be maintaining or putting on muscle by only eating Kit Kat bars:  HELL NO!

brucewayne

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 12:50:52 PM »
i dont care, he said pretty much that and he does look like garbage offseason.in layman terms, he looks like shit 50 weeks out of the whole year.

whoever wants to follow him, feel free to do so.lol.

the adonis approach on diet will grant the same results,if not better,im not even joking.

he does juice pre contest id guess, and those genetics and insertion still are way below average even for natural.

heres me off the juice, off training and off diet for 4months.

and im not even claiming to have good genetics.this is off training for 4 months.first day back to the gym.eating with no regards to any single dietary thing, and have roper sixpack there.

besides, "good" natiies dont typicaly turn into the best juicers.theres no general rules for that.

big ach, please stop the bullshit man, if you say macro is macro, you say calorie is calorie.period.
in adoniss defense, both are equally right.if id have to give the edge to one of them,id endorse adonis

Look pretty good there bud..crazy how you haven't trained 4 months there..
But yea there are other natties that are better structured than layne..such as Doug miller..given that he is natural like Layne

Never heard of the Adonis principles? care to share my friend

brucewayne

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 12:59:14 PM »
Its not so black and white.  Layne Norton has never said you should eat whatever you want!!!  Not even basically said that... he has never said that.

Yes technically a calorie is a calorie... but when it comes to putting on muscle and losing weight, it is a bit more complicated than that.

Think of it this way:

Priority #1 for losing weight:  Calorie control
Priority #2 for losing weight:  Choosing a certain macro distribution that provides the optimal thermogenic effects.

Galeniko stop making shit up about what people are saying

No one said you should go eat ONLY kit kat bars night and day! 

Will you still lose weight if you eat less Kit Kat Calories than you use:  YES - YES YOU WILL!

Is this really an ideal/optimal approach to eat only Kit Kat bars:  FUCK NO

Will you be missing out on certain vitamins and minerals by only eating Kit Kat bars:  ABSOLUTELY

Will you be maintaining or putting on muscle by only eating Kit Kat bars:  HELL NO!

Question for u..
On that regards about eating kitkat, as par of a well rounded off season diet plan and given that ur hitting ur macros, I would assume you would still gain muscle am I right?

And If your cutting and kitkat bars, for the sake of the argument, is part of ur well rounded diet assuming ur also hitting ur macros..you would still lose fat right?

Just to clear up the whole debate

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 01:00:23 PM »
thermogenic effects.lol.

what you think how many % in metabolism or calories that gonna make up for

Sorry Galeniko....  I think you're a cool dude and you look good.  But I think I'll go with the guy who has a PhD in this!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 01:04:20 PM »
Question for u..
On that regards about eating kitkat, as par of a well rounded off season diet plan and given that ur hitting ur macros, I would assume you would still gain muscle am I right?

And If your cutting and kitkat bars, for the sake of the argument, is part of ur well rounded diet assuming ur also hitting ur macros..you would still lose fat right?

Just to clear up the whole debate

Brucewayne, I'm confused by what you are asking.  My argument was an extreme/unrealistic one in which an individual ONLY ate Kit Kats, and how his body would be effected by it.

A calorie is just a calorie.  There is no way around the fact that to lose weight one must consume less calories than they are using up.

But there are a ton of other factors that must be considered:

Protein intake - Leucine and Amino Acid utiliztion
Insulin balance
Fiber intake
Glycogen balance
Vitamin and mineral consumption
etc
etc
etc
etc

This is why I keep saying its not so black and white.

Remember, there is a difference between what works and what is OPTIMAL!

brucewayne

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 01:06:59 PM »
Brucewayne, I'm confused by what you are asking.  My argument was an extreme/unrealistic one in which an individual ONLY ate Kit Kats, and how his body would be effected by it.

A calorie is just a calorie.  There is no way around the fact that to lose weight one must consume less calories than they are using up.

But there are a ton of other factors that must be considered:

Protein intake - Leucine and Amino Acid utiliztion
Insulin balance
Fiber intake
Glycogen balance
Vitamin and mineral consumption
etc
etc
etc
etc

This is why I keep saying its not so black and white.

Remember, there is a difference between what works and what is OPTIMAL!

Sound like Layne with his optimal mantra...
I got you said wrong....I didnt know u were saying ONLY kikkat...now it make sense

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 01:09:48 PM »

Oh and I want to add..... I still don't now what the fuck Galniko is arguing with me about!!!!!!!! lol!!!!  I don't necessarily disagree with you.... I'm just saying you're oversimplifying things, you are taking only one part of Layne's statement and throwing it right back at us!

brucewayne

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2013, 01:20:30 PM »
no problem, but a phd can be used to sell stuff.

i mean, overall its really simple.eat enough protein every day as first rule, it dont even matter if its 2 or 6 meals.

then, if one wants to get lean, he should only exclusively eat when hungry.

towards end of diet he wont be eating much else than protein anyway.some carbs or some fats, its up to preference more or less.

now for gaining muscle, the only 2 essential things are caloric suprlus and enough protein.depending on how big the surplus is one will become fatter or not so fat.esp for gaining, whether one fills up caloric needs on burgers or rice and chicken, doesnt matter alot.

id even go as far and say that a natural(unlike gearhead) NEEDS cheat meals here and there.

i like you too, even alot ;D

but this whole thing isnt rocket science.and hellno, kitkats isnt very optimal choice.lol

I see what ur saying
But I personally like to have numbers I can use to judge myself and keep everything recorded..so if I mess up I can always see figure out what I did and move on from there...
But if you always did it like that and has good results thats awesome too

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2013, 01:23:32 PM »
no problem, but a phd can be used to sell stuff.

i mean, overall its really simple.eat enough protein every day as first rule, it dont even matter if its 2 or 6 meals.

then, if one wants to get lean, he should only exclusively eat when hungry.

towards end of diet he wont be eating much else than protein anyway.some carbs or some fats, its up to preference more or less.

now for gaining muscle, the only 2 essential things are caloric suprlus and enough protein.depending on how big the surplus is one will become fatter or not so fat.esp for gaining, whether one fills up caloric needs on burgers or rice and chicken, doesnt matter alot.

id even go as far and say that a natural(unlike gearhead) NEEDS cheat meals here and there.

i like you too, even alot ;D

but this whole thing isnt rocket science.and hellno, kitkats isnt very optimal choice.lol

Again.... there is what works.... and there is OPTIMAL.....  Just because its not necessarily optimal, doesn't mean it won't work.

I remember reading something that Layne wrote talking about why using hunger to gauge when to eat and when not to eat is not really best practice.  It has a lot to do with.... again.... the thermogenic effects of certain foods..... their caloric density.... fiber consumption.... water intake.... all that will effect whether you "feel hungry" or not..... I'd try to find that article for you.... but I'm guessing you won't read it  :)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2013, 01:32:16 PM »
man, nobody has the same activity levels every day, so a pre prescribed diet is rendered pointless by default.

some day you sit at home do nothing, other day you train, and go out walking in the town all day, bit sunbathing and swimming at the beach, then maybe clubbing etcetc.

i got the best results,infact, when i stopped caring about counting calories and stuff, and just ate protein with bit fats or carbs(i never mix these 2thats my only rule)when hungry.
if i want be shredded,i wait longer after hunger,f i want gains,i eat straight wehn hunger comes.

not counting anything,not even the protein to be honest.
agree agree, what works and optimal are 2 different things, but i chose to enjoy life instead of paying too much attention to diet counting.

in the long run itll make few % difference, thats fine.

and yeah, i have said numerous times, one can eat the worst shit foods, as long he waits for hunger again and goes back to clean eating, AND as long he doesnt confuse appetite(bloodsugar and brain playing tricks on you)with hunger(starving,empty stomach).

ok, a newcomer might nee bit guidance, im doing this all since 10+years, used to need guidance too, but by now i can judge by my own.i can see that point 8)

Fair enough.... I'll agree with you on that whole post.  As I said.... our opinions are not entirely different on the whole topic.....  Maybe just different approach!

I myself have struggled to stay anywhere near my contest shape.... which I blame purely on discipline.....  But clearly... you are definitely doing something right!!

((High Five))  8)

brucewayne

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2013, 01:33:24 PM »
man, nobody has the same activity levels every day, so a pre prescribed diet is rendered pointless by default.

some day you sit at home do nothing, other day you train, and go out walking in the town all day, bit sunbathing and swimming at the beach, then maybe clubbing etcetc.

i got the best results,infact, when i stopped caring about counting calories and stuff, and just ate protein with bit fats or carbs(i never mix these 2thats my only rule)when hungry.
if i want be shredded,i wait longer after hunger,f i want gains,i eat straight wehn hunger comes.

not counting anything,not even the protein to be honest.
agree agree, what works and optimal are 2 different things, but i chose to enjoy life instead of paying too much attention to diet counting.

in the long run itll make few % difference, thats fine.

and yeah, i have said numerous times, one can eat the worst shit foods, as long he waits for hunger again and goes back to clean eating, AND as long he doesnt confuse appetite(bloodsugar and brain playing tricks on you)with hunger(starving,empty stomach).

ok, a newcomer might nee bit guidance, im doing this all since 10+years, used to need guidance too, but by now i can judge by my own.i can see that point 8)

well said

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2013, 01:47:18 PM »
it's true what the fella is saying

no matter how many degrees you have

in the end there is only so many things left you can do to achieve a caloric deficit while still eating sufficient protein to support muscle mass

it's not rocket surgery indeed

i mean look at what layne eats, at the end of the day the same generic stuff everybody eats

waste of time

ukjeff

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2013, 01:50:09 PM »
Ach, a you dont need a PHD to know how to lose weight.
Just stop shoving food in your gob and get to the gym and lift some weights

All this bullshit about cardio to lose weight, its a waste of time.
Cardio is good for the heart and overall fitness , but for weight loss forget it, its much easier to eat less.
Yesterday I did 20 minutes on the bike at high tension and got my heart rate up to 155.
When I had finished I checked the calories burned and it read 187, a fuckin small kitkats worth.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2013, 01:54:02 PM »

Cardio is good for the heart and overall fitness , but for weight loss forget it, its much easier to eat less.
Yesterday I did 20 minutes on the bike at high tension and got my heart rate up to 155.
When I had finished I checked the calories burned and it read 187, a fuckin small kitkats worth.
YES BUT METABOLIC BOOSTS AFTER THE CARDIO ETC ETC BLA BLA FUCKING BLA

::)

i also think cardio is worthless, i never did it more than once or twice in a year (try it and hate it so much)

and i've always been pretty lean

just because i dont binge eat or eat fast food with obscene frequency

common sense really

ukjeff

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2013, 02:18:29 PM »
I know a guy who does two hours cardio a day and an hour abs every day precontest whilst eating 5-6000 cals  ???
I asked him why he didnt just eat 3,500 cals and spend the three hours doing something else and he said he couldnt live off such low cals.

Oh and he does abs that often to keep them in an overtrained state so they didnt grow any bigger  ???
I said why dont you just not train them, wouldnt that give the same result and save 7 hours a week.

it appears not   ::)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2013, 02:45:48 PM »
I know a guy who does two hours cardio a day and an hour abs every day precontest whilst eating 5-6000 cals  ???
I asked him why he didnt just eat 3,500 cals and spend the three hours doing something else and he said he couldnt live off such low cals.

Oh and he does abs that often to keep them in an overtrained state so they didnt grow any bigger  ???
I said why dont you just not train them, wouldnt that give the same result and save 7 hours a week.

it appears not   ::)
lol

hardcore

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2013, 02:46:14 PM »

I never said it was rocket science... But there is a science behind it.  

We are debating what works and what is optimal here.

ukjeff

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2013, 02:48:53 PM »
I never said it was rocket science... But there is a science behind it. 
I didnt say you said it was rocket science, and theres only a science behind it if you get involved in it.

People lose weight by eating less, not reading nutrition books.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2013, 06:08:52 PM »
as others have said: cardio for weight loss, lol.

galeniko, how can one distinguish between "appetite" and "hunger"... can you explain this at all?