Author Topic: Why are liberals focusing on public opinion now but not when...  (Read 632 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
its against their agenda?

I mean the shows and ppl on here are quoting public opinion left and right to bolster their views on gay marriage.

Yet when public opinion shows ppl want some restrictions on abortion rights and that ppl didnt want obamacare and want it overturned they turn a blind eye?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Why are liberals focusing on public opinion now but not when...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 08:45:29 PM »

I mean the shows and ppl on here are quoting public opinion left and right to bolster their views on gay marriage.

Yet when public opinion shows ppl want some restrictions on abortion rights and that ppl didnt want obamacare and want it overturned they turn a blind eye?

Probably for the same reason that Conservatives focus on public opinion, except when it's against their agenda.

Power corrupts, and absolute power, corrupts absolutely. Just ask observe a board mod.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 08:45:54 PM »

Or deporting legals, cutting spending, etc.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 08:48:22 PM »
Probably for the same reason that Conservatives focus on public opinion, except when it's against their agenda.

Power corrupts, and absolute power, corrupts absolutely. Just ask observe a board mod.
agreed, it seems to be a very common liberal tactic though, and what board mod are you talking about?

you do spam quite a bit you know.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 09:24:23 PM »
agreed, it seems to be a very common liberal tactic though, and what board mod are you talking about?

It was a common Conservative tactic during the run up to the war in Iraq as well.
It was a common Conservative tactic during the passage of The Patriot Act as well.

It's not a Liberal / Conservative trait. It's not a Left / Right thing.

...and what board mod are you talking about?

Oh puleaze! Take your pick  ::)

you do spam quite a bit you know.

No I do not Tony. I defend myself against unwarranted baseless troll attacks.

To presume my posting about current political events unfolding as I type is just a guise to spam is pure BS. OzmO made that same prejudiced accusation when I came in simply to warn him his email had been hacked and was sending out viruses to his entire contact list. And I was deluged with the little rat-bots all accusing me of spamming when all I wanted to do was to alert OzmO to a hack of his email. All permitted & stimulated by the mods.

I don't make the news. If my posting about current political events causes someone to think of the products I'm affiliated with, it only means they're starting to wake up from a diversionary trance imo.

If current events cause people to think about products I am affiliated with, then perhaps it means the possibility that I may have been onto something, or that I may have a bit more foresight than others are willing to permit others to realize.

To move a political topic to a non-political board in order to keep it from the eyes of people who are interested in political topics, ...or to move it to a board where no rules apply where posters are free to attack others just smacks to me of a very hypocritical, sinister, and ulterior agenda.
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 09:36:46 PM »
I agree... both sides only care about public opinion when it's for their own agenda.

This is certainly not a liberal thing.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 10:05:11 PM »
I agree... both sides only care about public opinion when it's for their own agenda.

This is certainly not a liberal thing.
Both sides only care about (insert absolutely anything here) when it supports their agenda.

Otherwise they couldn't give a shit less.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 06:34:07 PM »
It was a common Conservative tactic during the run up to the war in Iraq as well.
It was a common Conservative tactic during the passage of The Patriot Act as well.

It's not a Liberal / Conservative trait. It's not a Left / Right thing.

Oh puleaze! Take your pick  ::)

No I do not Tony. I defend myself against unwarranted baseless troll attacks.

To presume my posting about current political events unfolding as I type is just a guise to spam is pure BS. OzmO made that same prejudiced accusation when I came in simply to warn him his email had been hacked and was sending out viruses to his entire contact list. And I was deluged with the little rat-bots all accusing me of spamming when all I wanted to do was to alert OzmO to a hack of his email. All permitted & stimulated by the mods.

I don't make the news. If my posting about current political events causes someone to think of the products I'm affiliated with, it only means they're starting to wake up from a diversionary trance imo.

If current events cause people to think about products I am affiliated with, then perhaps it means the possibility that I may have been onto something, or that I may have a bit more foresight than others are willing to permit others to realize.

To move a political topic to a non-political board in order to keep it from the eyes of people who are interested in political topics, ...or to move it to a board where no rules apply where posters are free to attack others just smacks to me of a very hypocritical, sinister, and ulterior agenda.

C'mon now...of course you were spamming.  You started a thread about that crap claiming you couldn't figure out how to use PM.  ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 08:45:19 PM »

C'mon now...of course you were spamming.  You started a thread about that crap claiming you couldn't figure out how to use PM.  ::)

She's quite the douche.

BUY KINEBAR GOLD AT SPOT PRICES!!!!!  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 02:36:12 AM »

No, I was in a rush, and I posted the thread on the board that he modded because I knew he would see it there. I don't recall having made mention of anything other than his email was sending out viruses.

His wasn't the only one either. I've gotten similar emails from Miggy as well. I think anyone who has an inactive or dormant yahoo account was subject to it. In fact I just discovered about 3 weeks ago, that my own inactive yahoo account had started sending out emails, and I hadn't used that yahoo account in over 7 yrs.  I never said I didn't know how to send a PM, I think if anything I might have said I had forgotten much of the bb codes.
w