Author Topic: Opinions on car amps  (Read 2494 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Opinions on car amps
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:38:58 AM »
I have been using two Punch 75s for about 7-8 years (3 cars now).  Couple weeks ago my car got smashed and totaled.  Looking to buy  new ones instead of going down to take these out again.  No clue to what the best on the market is. 

Note : I don't use these for pushing a half dozen 15s in my shitty car while blaring the latest crackhead "music".   Basically just to give a boost to the system already in the car.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: Opinions on car amps
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:03:46 AM »
what do you consider "crackhead music" ?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 09:13:13 AM »
what do you consider "crackhead music" ?

Third tier rap music.

And trance.  Especially trance.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 09:19:12 AM »
Third tier rap music.

And trance.  Especially trance.
You don't like Trance? I hate you already. I'm sorry you can't afford a nicer car with all of the bells and whistles straight from the factory.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »
You don't like Trance? I hate you already. I'm sorry you can't afford a nicer car with all of the bells and whistles straight from the factory.

Yes, I wrote a letter to Mercedes to complain about that.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 09:22:24 AM »
I've got the BOSE premium audio system in my Silverado, couldn't be happier- have recommended it to so many co-workers!!!!

It has a BOSE subwoofer that KICKS!!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 09:24:27 AM »
Yes, I wrote a letter to Mercedes to complain about that.
'94 C-class, salvage titles don't count.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 09:29:05 AM »
How about a 2012 E350 convertible?

Sucks to be you and have to project your insecurities on someone else.

Even totaled, my car is worth more than yours huh?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 09:30:58 AM »
I've got the BOSE premium audio system in my Silverado, couldn't be happier- have recommended it to so many co-workers!!!!

The audio deck and speakers (HK) are fine.  I just tend to always run an amp in to boost it a bit.  I find it provides a much cleaner sound than any system will do by simply cranking the deck volume higher.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 09:31:33 AM »
How about a 2012 E350 convertible?

Sucks to be you and have to project your insecurities on someone else.

Even totaled, my car is worth more than yours huh?
Maybe not totalled  ;D

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 09:32:34 AM »

And trance.  Especially trance.

haha I love it!

almost as much as I like crack.

EDIT: ok I don't really smoke crack.  :(

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 09:33:15 AM »

You can never go wrong with bose in audio!

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 09:38:30 AM »
The audio deck and speakers (HK) are fine.  I just tend to always run an amp in to boost it a bit.  I find it provides a much cleaner sound than any system will do by simply cranking the deck volume higher.
^^
It has a BOSE subwoofer, it really kicks...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 09:49:31 AM »
$12,800 in damage already.  That is not counting the axle being broke off at each end, or the shock absorbers coming up through the engine compartment or the frame damage.  They rough guesstimate everything will be over $42,000.

When it was sitting in the driveway, it looked minor.  Up on the rack was a whole another story though.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 09:52:16 AM »
^^
It has a BOSE subwoofer, it really kicks...

Harmon Kardon system installed has a "subwoofer" but not the kind in traditional sense.  Once the top recedes into the trunk there isn't enough space in there for a typical subwoofer enclosure. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 09:54:06 AM »
$12,800 in damage already.  That is not counting the axle being broke off at each end, or the shock absorbers coming up through the engine compartment or the frame damage.  They rough guesstimate everything will be over $42,000.

When it was sitting in the driveway, it looked minor.  Up on the rack was a whole another story though.
wouldnt the insurance company just total it? Why pay 42,000?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 09:56:13 AM »
haha I love it!

almost as much as I like crack.

EDIT: ok I don't really smoke crack.  :(

It ain't that bad.  I just had to post something.  Here in South FL, it is mostly blacks riding around in shitty ass Crown Vics who think they are the next undiscovered 2 Live Crew and will be bringing back the 80s Miami Bass scene.  Ever since FL passed the law that allows you to play your music as loud as you want, everyone is practically deaf by this point.

Though the Cubans and PRs are even worse with their shitty "home" music.  The only thing missing is some Italian mamalukes riding around blaring opera music.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 09:59:43 AM »
wouldnt the insurance company just total it? Why pay 42,000?

Yeah, they are going to total it for sure.  But still have to get an overall estimate per legal requirements so they can turn it over to the other guy's insurance company. 

It's much easier to justify having a convertible totaled than a hard top. 

Once they confirm it is totaled, my buddy who works there said I could come back and get the amps out if I wanted and anything else I might need/want.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 10:04:02 AM »

Cars used to be built so much better in my opinion. Crumple Zones, which spread the damage all the way around the car, really have screwed everything up.  The Big Cars of the 30s to the 70s really forced one to be more careful as the cars were much larger and you drove slower as a result.  If you wrecked it, the damage was localized and could be fixed relatively easily depending on the strength of the hit.

Now its just a joke. Cars of today don`t even look appealing to me anymore really and I used to be a big car person.

I`d rather have Shizzo`s car than your Mercedes by the way any day of the week. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 10:05:53 AM »
Perhaps I would too if American cars were made to the same quality and performance of German engineering. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 10:07:50 AM »
Perhaps I would too if American cars were made to the same quality and performance of German engineering. 
They are.  Its a myth that they aren`t.  Mercedes has been ranked very low by Consumer Reports as far as quality goes for a lot of years.  I own a Mercedes by the way.  ;)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 10:47:08 AM »
Lots of getbiggers throwing up pics of cars in this thread that likely are not paid off.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 12:00:38 PM »
They are.  Its a myth that they aren`t.  Mercedes has been ranked very low by Consumer Reports as far as quality goes for a lot of years.  I own a Mercedes by the way.  ;)

Not in my experience.  American cars suck and handle horrible.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 12:08:53 PM »
Cars used to be built so much better in my opinion. Crumple Zones, which spread the damage all the way around the car, really have screwed everything up.  The Big Cars of the 30s to the 70s really forced one to be more careful as the cars were much larger and you drove slower as a result.  If you wrecked it, the damage was localized and could be fixed relatively easily depending on the strength of the hit.

Now its just a joke. Cars of today don`t even look appealing to me anymore really and I used to be a big car person.

I`d rather have Shizzo`s car than your Mercedes by the way any day of the week. 

Crumple zones save your life. Without them you'd take most of the impact

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 12:14:05 PM »
I have been using two Punch 75s for about 7-8 years (3 cars now).  Couple weeks ago my car got smashed and totaled.  Looking to buy  new ones instead of going down to take these out again.  No clue to what the best on the market is. 

Note : I don't use these for pushing a half dozen 15s in my shitty car while blaring the latest crackhead "music".   Basically just to give a boost to the system already in the car.
I just charged my motorcycle battery for spring of the year, Yamaha 1100 cc in case my car don't start one day which happened once.