Author Topic: Awesome!!!!  (Read 2924 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Awesome!!!!
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:41:15 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Awesome!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 05:10:05 AM »
Hard to imagine Hogan using a mouthpiece like Blassie, when Hulk would soon be regarded as one of the best interviews in the business.

Thankfully, most wrestling fans have short memories, which allowed Vince to bill the Hogan/Andre match at Wrestle Mania III to be their first encounter, along with Hogan being "the first man to body slam Andre."
Stan Hansen and Bill Eadie both slammed Andre in other promotions years earlier; although to be fair, Andre was substantially lighter at the time.

Also funny, was that when Hogan mentioned his slam in promos, he made it sound like he picked up Andre, pressed him overhead, and slammed him to the mat. In reality, it was a partial scoop up slam with lots of assist from Andre. It was still impressive and difficult. Hogan tore a lat in the process.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 05:49:56 AM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 09:16:51 AM »
Hard to imagine Hogan using a mouthpiece like Blassie, when Hulk would soon be regarded as one of the best interviews in the business.

You hitting the bottle, bro?  ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 10:41:09 AM »
I would argue it was a pretty complete slam, with Andre being raised and turned properly.

a partial scoop would be more like the slams on Yokozuna by everyone lol

to me, the full range of motion of the WM3 slam was what made it so impressive.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 03:13:15 PM »
You hitting the bottle, bro?  ;D

I didn't say "I" regarded him as such. ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 08:04:16 PM »
I would argue it was a pretty complete slam, with Andre being raised and turned properly.

a partial scoop would be more like the slams on Yokozuna by everyone lol

to me, the full range of motion of the WM3 slam was what made it so impressive.

Yeah, compared to the Yoko slam, Hogan's was textbook. I believe at the time Yoko weighed more than Andre did in '87, but the Luger moment had nowhere near the impact that Hogan got.

Andre was special in part due to the time/era. He was a spectacle. There have been huge guys since then who have failed to produce the same effect. Even Andre probably would not achieve today what he did in his time.

Too bad for Luger. I really don't know what else they could have done to get him over. I don't think they could've pushed him any harder.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 08:27:26 PM »

Yeah, compared to the Yoko slam, Hogan's was textbook. I believe at the time Yoko weighed more than Andre did in '87, but the Luger moment had nowhere near the impact that Hogan got.

Andre was special in part due to the time/era. He was a spectacle. There have been huge guys since then who have failed to produce the same effect. Even Andre probably would not achieve today what he did in his time.

Too bad for Luger. I really don't know what else they could have done to get him over. I don't think they could've pushed him any harder.

Ahmed Johnson is credited with slamming a much heavier Yokozuna.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 11:04:05 AM »

I didn't say "I" regarded him as such. ;)

I sure am glad you cleared that up. :P :P :P

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 11:48:40 AM »
Ahmed Johnson is credited with slamming a much heavier Yokozuna.

Yep, and that wasn't anywhere near the level of the Hogan slam, either. The Andre slam had more to do with Andre than Hogan. It was because of what Andre's career culminated in and who/what he had become by that point that made it special.

Andre put Hogan over to the next level. I can't think of anyone else in the business at that time who could have done that - except Flair.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 11:49:23 AM »
I sure am glad you cleared that up. :P :P :P

;D