Author Topic: Bodybuilding related - Teres Major  (Read 3231 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Bodybuilding related - Teres Major
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:50:20 PM »
How can you isolate the teres major?  Is it possible?

???

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Re: Bodybuilding related - Teres Major
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 11:44:36 PM »
How can you isolate the teres major?  Is it possible?

???

Yes I believe if you try to "rip the bar in half" during bent over rows at a 45 degree angle, you can isolate this muscle.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 11:53:39 PM »
Impossible...

Actually, I challenge anyone here to name one muscle ~ and that's *ONE* muscle only ~ that can be "isolated" ~

Have fun.

I'm sure the answer won't be an anatomically correct bodybuilding muscle....  ::)

Every single muscle in the body has assisting muscles and either antagonists or agonists. It is completely impossible. "Isolation" still isolates only one muscle GROUP ~ hope this helps...  ;D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 12:04:40 AM »
Yes I believe if you try to "rip the bar in half" during bent over rows at a 45 degree angle, you can isolate this muscle.

I don't know if you're serious? lol

How do I do that? ???

Impossible...

Actually, I challenge anyone here to name one muscle ~ and that's *ONE* muscle only ~ that can be "isolated" ~

Have fun.

I'm sure the answer won't be an anatomically correct bodybuilding muscle....  ::)

Every single muscle in the body has assisting muscles and either antagonists or agonists. It is completely impossible. "Isolation" still isolates only one muscle GROUP ~ hope this helps...  ;D

Makes sense, I know this seems like a bodybuilding.com type question but I noticed some bodybuilders seem to have a teres that bumps off their lats.  Just wondered.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V

Garb316HHH

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 02:40:07 AM »
Not me, but Dr. Roni Kovačič can isolate any muscle he wants. He isolated the outer head of the triceps. Being nominated for The Nobel Prize in 2013. :D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 03:39:23 AM »
Impossible...

Have fun.

yes of course as one muscle shortens another elongates. So from an anatomical sense you are correct. However when a bodybuilder talks of isolation he genrally means using a movement that involves one joint or one muscle Group(leg extension) and not say over multiple muscles and joints as say squats. The training effect is the difference here. Vince Gironda believed in this exercise below:

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 03:42:34 AM »

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 05:16:18 AM »
Not me, but Dr. Roni Kovačič can isolate any muscle he wants. He isolated the outer head of the triceps. Being nominated for The Nobel Prize in 2013. :D

he's a dumb son of a bitch that's for sure, a fucking tool

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 05:22:22 AM »
Impossible...

Have fun.

There is a muscle in the hand that abducts one of the extreme fingers (I forget if it's thumb or pinky) and is the only muscle that spans that joint.  That is probably as close as one could get.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 10:04:56 PM »
yes of course as one muscle shortens another elongates. So from an anatomical sense you are correct. However when a bodybuilder talks of isolation he genrally means using a movement that involves one joint or one muscle Group(leg extension) and not say over multiple muscles and joints as say squats. The training effect is the difference here. Vince Gironda believed in this exercise below:

Thank you Donny, I feel vindicated!  :)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 08:37:47 AM »
" However when a bodybuilder talks of isolation he genrally means using a movement that involves one muscle Group..."

As I said... just in case you missed it.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 08:43:58 AM »

As I said... just in case you missed it.
never missed it just needed to be explained.