Author Topic: Bad back?  (Read 5050 times)

ozman

• Getbig IV
Bad back?
« on: March 29, 2013, 12:11:03 PM »
What do you do?

Chiropractic, Physiotherapy

Anyone tried inversion tables?

Have a bulging disk and it's killing me

Going out of my mind here

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
Re: Bad back?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 12:29:51 PM »

if you have a leg completely numb, do a surgery otherwise the nerf damage will be unrecoverable.

If not, rest + physiotherapist + Local Infiltration
$

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 12:31:25 PM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 12:34:41 PM »
I own an inversion table.  Haven't used to much lately but found it helpful when my back was playing up.  I don't think I have disk issues tho so can't speak to it's effectiveness there.

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 12:44:55 PM »
I own an inversion table.  Haven't used to much lately but found it helpful when my back was playing up.  I don't think I have disk issues tho so can't speak to it's effectiveness there.

Helpful with pain?

I'd love to know what Chiros think of them

All closed here for Easter

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 01:00:29 PM »
Helpful with pain?

I'd love to know what Chiros think of them

All closed here for Easter

Didn't make pain disappear but traction helped.  Who can say if it helped with healing time.

Someone, maybe a doc maybe a chiro, once advised me not to over do it intensity-wise.  I found that 15-20 mins at a 45 degree angle was better than a shorter time completely upside down.  It's fun to feel like Batman tho.

You'd probably do best to go see a doc before screwing around with it.  Or see if Orbit has one set up and you could at least see how it feels before taking one home.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 01:05:11 PM »
A good chiro (get a referral from someone you trust) and yoga. 

Inversion tables are awesome if you can get one.
:)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 01:16:31 PM »
Yoga helps a lot as does losing weight and doing more ab and core exercises. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 05:43:28 PM »
Chiropractors are quacks. I've posted Bout this before. Stretch and physical therapy/exercise.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 05:51:34 PM »
A Chiropractic showed some a movement to do still works on a flare up otherwise its just pain pills.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 05:53:31 PM »
X

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 06:09:24 PM »
I tossed my back out a few times back inthe day and it was fucking horrible.   What worked for me was losing weight, yoga stretching , and ABs work.

It sucks.    Bad back pain is the worst. 

Red29

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 08:15:44 PM »
if you can get a hold of a reverse hyper machine that will do wonders. ive been there, its not fun at all when it comes to back pain. also, stop training for a month, thats what i did. stopped training, and then when i went back after a month off, i did lots of reverse hypers and avoided deadlifts and the like

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 08:16:47 PM »
How does one get such a fucked up back?  ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 08:18:29 PM »
How does one get such a fucked up back?  ???

Dude in all seriouness - until you have thrown your back out - you have no idea how hortible it is.   You literally feel paralysed.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 08:20:36 PM »
Dude in all seriouness - until you have thrown your back out - you have no idea how hortible it is.   You literally feel paralysed.
Oh I don`t doubt that, I know humans are a flawed species in that regard, but I have never experienced it ever despite Heavy ass Squats, Deadlifts and who knows what else.

Red29

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 08:21:15 PM »

yeah you cant even sit down, or sleep on your front. i had an ultram script and that shit did not work at all, just got me hooked on it for a couple months lol honestly best thing you can do is take an insane amount of ibupofen, hot showers/baths, pt, reverse hyper machine, stop training for a bit and use dmso.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 08:29:50 PM »
Oh I don`t doubt that, I know humans are a flawed species in that regard, but I have never experienced it ever despite Heavy ass Squats, Deadlifts and who knows what else.

Consider yourself lucky.   Its a parslyzing feeling.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 08:32:55 PM »
yeah you cant even sit down, or sleep on your front. i had an ultram script and that shit did not work at all, just got me hooked on it for a couple months lol honestly best thing you can do is take an insane amount of ibupofen, hot showers/baths, pt, reverse hyper machine, stop training for a bit and use dmso.

I remember throwing my back out after doing 315 for reps on the hack squst once.  I was out for a week.  Literally had to crawl to the bathroom and dreaded sneezing or anything sudden.  Thsnkfully have not had those issues in years but i greatly empathize w tjose thst do. 

Only time my back feels fucked is if im in a mall for a few hours w the gf lingering around.

Red29

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 08:56:07 PM »
I remember throwing my back out after doing 315 for reps on the hack squst once.  I was out for a week.  Literally had to crawl to the bathroom and dreaded sneezing or anything sudden.  Thsnkfully have not had those issues in years but i greatly empathize w tjose thst do. 

Only time my back feels fucked is if im in a mall for a few hours w the gf lingering around.

i remember days having to drive half hour to the gym and by the time i got there i was propping myself up on my elbow and left foot in the footwell of my car while driving to relieve the pressure, then going over a speed bump and jarring myself and it hurting so bad i had tears in my eyes. mostly the tears were from frustration though. took time off from the gym, came back and after not squatting for 6 months got only 15 lbs under my previous pr. those were the natty days. now idgaf about squatting x amount.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 08:59:59 PM »
i remember days having to drive half hour to the gym and by the time i got there i was propping myself up on my elbow and left foot in the footwell of my car while driving to relieve the pressure, then going over a speed bump and jarring myself and it hurting so bad i had tears in my eyes. mostly the tears were from frustration though. took time off from the gym, came back and after not squatting for 6 months got only 15 lbs under my previous pr. those were the natty days. now idgaf about squatting x amount.

Im 37 and still lift like my life depends on it.  But i would be lying if I told you previous back issues are not on my mind in terms of injury prevention.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 06:28:09 AM »
If you have a bad back see a doctor. Only get the okay to exercise after he gives the okay. You don't want to make a bad situation worse.

I use to throw out my back a lot when I was younger. The two things that seem to get me were squats and deadlifts. Sometimes just picking up a weight bench to move it would throw out my back for a week. The pain and weakness was terrible.

I got an ordinary back extension bench and I made a block about 12 inches high. I would warm up then two sets of semi stiff legged dead lifts standing on the block. I would really go low to get a good stretch. I would also go really slow on the negative.  This exercise stretched out the lower back and the hamstrings. I would do 2 sets of 6 reps after warm up. The second was weighted back extensions. Holding a plate behind my head I would do 2 sets of 15.

Semi Stiff legged dead lifts and weighted back extensions really compliment each other. The deads get the lower part of the movement and the resistance falls off at the top. Back extension gets the resistance at the top.

I had so much lower back trouble in my 20's. After doing these two exercises it seems, knock on wood, that my lower back is bullet proof healthy.

I thought of another thing. You have to move. Sitting at home, work and car is terrible for your back. Lifting isn't enough. Make sure you spend some time walking fast or running. You have to spend time supporting your body weight in a dynamic situation.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 06:37:39 AM »
Acupuncture.

Used it to fix up my shoulder as well.