Author Topic: North Korea says enters "state of war" against South 58 minutes ago  (Read 5788 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: North Korea says enters "state of war" against South 58 minutes ago
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 05:26:11 AM »
All bluster.  Fatty junior is just trying to assert himself and look tough.  It does not serve his interests to make war. 
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 05:27:23 AM »
A country of 20 million starving peasants are scaring America hahah

I hope there's just some internal power struggle going on to cause all this and it doesn't indicate that NK allies are lining up in the background.

So before Getbig's all-knowing strategic analysts clear it up for us, I'll admit that I don't know what NK's capabilities are, what alliances they have and how strong they are, what their allies' capabilities are, exactly how war weary the US and its allies are and how that would impact the west's ability to mobilize, how exposed we are from financial liability and how that could be exploited by an enemy, what effect a second war would have on ME operations or the balance of power and fair weather allies around the world.  Yeah, I'm a little nervous.  Hoping it all just blows over.

US can destroy North Korea just within days!!

Not if it's another arena for US vs China.  If I was in Taiwan I'd be keeping a very close eye on things and my bags, finances, etc, would be packed & ready to go.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 07:03:33 AM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/19/north-korea-emp-attack-could-destroy-us-now/?page=all
A.Didn't know you were so anti-US

B.Don't believe everthing you read, you don't think the US military is prepared for an EMP attack? We've only known about them since, oh, right after WWII. Trust me, we're prepared for EMP. Maybe not the whole country, but we're prepared enough that it would not be this crippling blow.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 07:10:29 AM »
REMEMBER ...

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2013, 07:25:30 AM »
A.Didn't know you were so anti-US

B.Don't believe everthing you read, you don't think the US military is prepared for an EMP attack? We've only known about them since, oh, right after WWII. Trust me, we're prepared for EMP. Maybe not the whole country, but we're prepared enough that it would not be this crippling blow.

I'm not anti-US, I don't want them to collapse.

But I think it's better if there is a balance of power, which seems to be occurring.

The point I'm making is that they're not invincible.

With regards to an EMP attack, I am referring to a situation where a country is being invaded, then it will use an EMP attack on the surrounding airspace (including parts of its own) and use low-tech weaponry and technology.

Hypothetically, a country could be developing low-tech weaponry with the plan of doing this.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2013, 08:35:54 AM »
so let's review:  Sequester arrives with mandatory military cuts, Pentagon and DOD go on media blitz about the U.S losing it's military edge, the population blinks and cuts go through, North Korea threatens U.S with invasion....   ::)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2013, 09:03:25 AM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/19/north-korea-emp-attack-could-destroy-us-now/?page=all
That's scary stuff --->  Quote : "The Congressional EMP Commission estimates that, given the nation’s current unpreparedness, within one year of an EMP attack, two-thirds of the U.S. population — 200 million Americans — would probably perish from starvation, disease and societal collapse."
V