Author Topic: how and where does one get bloodwork done without health insurance?  (Read 1645 times)

skinny_buff

• Getbig II
I called up several clinics. They told me they don't do bloodwork without physician referral simply because of liabilities to the clinics. If a person has serious health issues determined by bloodwork, there has to be a follow up from the physician, this is why no clinic do bloodwork for the sake of doing bloodwork without physician referral. This means I'd have to sign up to their system or program. I was told it takes a few weeks to get my first appointment if I ever sign up with a doctor. I think this is income based as well but this is technically signing up for insurance, correct? I don't have insurance. This is what I was told. This is not exactly STD testing. So does anyone here actually know how to get bloodwork done without the process I explained? Companies I am familiar with are Labcorp and Quest, but I think those places also need physician referral since a doctor can interpret what your results are and what steps to take next (i.e. what medications they can push on you).  ;)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: how and where does one get bloodwork done without health insurance?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 03:03:01 PM »
leave the country most other countries pay for their citizens doctoring needs.in lieu of that apply for benefits if your poor and qualify for such aid.each state has different protocols and plans.
F

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 03:34:49 PM »
leave the country most other countries pay for their citizens doctoring needs.in lieu of that apply for benefits if your poor and qualify for such aid.each state has different protocols and plans.

Where do you think that money comes from?  The government magically makes it?  The productive citizens of these countries have to pay for not only their own health insurance and their families, but everyone else's as well.

It's quite sickening

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 03:59:59 PM »
Where do you think that money comes from?  The government magically makes it?  The productive citizens of these countries have to pay for not only their own health insurance and their families, but everyone else's as well.

It's quite sickening

not saying it's wrong or right just trying to help a fellow getbig bro out.
F

skinny_buff

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 04:00:21 AM »
well thanks for the politics but I'm still in the U.S. and would love to move to see how other places work.

anyway, is it better to get bloodwork while off cycle or on cycle?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 08:28:44 AM »

Sorry brah, had just got done debating with some arrogant Canadians.   :o :o :o

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 11:56:34 AM »
Find a doc that works with broke people w/o health insurance. They are out there.

skinny_buff

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 04:59:41 AM »
I guess you didn't read my post. I don't mind paying for the blood work. It's just no one does it the way I described it. It's not like an STD testing. It works differently. Read my post again. Blood work is not walk-in. There's more baloney involved, like follow-ups.

Find a doc that works with broke people w/o health insurance. They are out there.

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 07:52:19 AM »
I guess you didn't read my post. I don't mind paying for the blood work. It's just no one does it the way I described it. It's not like an STD testing. It works differently. Read my post again. Blood work is not walk-in. There's more baloney involved, like follow-ups.

I don't need to read your post again. My post stands.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 12:15:42 PM »
it comes from collective indirect taxes.

youre no foreigner to nais arent you?you said they had some good ideas once,i remember.

well the insurance scheme was their invention.

as for op, blood work test shouldnt cost more than 200usd,or does it?

The private sector is more efficient.  These "indirect taxes" are theft plain and simple.  They just enable bigger, slower, more wasteful government.

The reason healthcare costs have skyrocketed in the US is government intervention.  

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 10:09:08 PM »
listen to someone who seen other countries,many americans fail to  do that,they dont care or wanna know,they think they know better.

Where the fuck do you get off saying that?  Show me the proof? 

What Country’s Citizens Take the Most Foreign Trips?

Travel Blog  •  Jim Benning  •  01.24.06 | 12:38 PM ET

The answer is surprising. Germany is number one, and changes are coming to the number two and three slots. According to an interesting Reuters report on CNN, “Last year, Germans alone accounted for over 86.6 million trips abroad, with Britons in second place (65.3 million) and Americans trailing in third (58.3 million).”

http://www.worldhum.com/travel-blog/item/what_countrys_citizens_take_the_most_foreign_trips_20060124/

man.
look, youre very fast to blame "govt".

listen to someone who seen other countries,many americans fail to  do that,they dont care or wanna know,they think they know better.

hm, how can i ask you, .....what do you think who are the profiteers of mandatory healtcare?do you really think the govt profits from that?how so.

the doctors and insurance companies do.

and to agree,the poorer part of population, that is true, but guess what,i rather pay and shut my mouth, if that money saves some old fart and gives him couple more days to live, thats good enough, i dont care whether i know him or not.

ill be old some day too.

you know who else profits from it, the big pharma companies , the richer nations subsidize the meds given for cheap in the 3rd world shitholes, this i dont find very funny, but ok.

you see, the govt is just the enabling tool for these big 3 lobbies.

please dont say "govt" is to blame, it makes you look like you didnt think the thing through.

on a side note, do you have 200k usd laying around which you dont need and have put aside?

thats the cost of the surgery and therapy my dad recently had, theres no way in hell he could have paid for that on his own.

i dont know if youre following my thoughts, but not even the nazis would let their own die bc they cant afford healthcare.

think about that.

Government is ultimately to blame though.  Of course "Government" doesn't profit from socialized medicine, individual politicians who are manipulated by lobbyists certainly do.  You have no idea how big Obamacare is, or the disgusting, complicated, inefficient bureaucracy it's creating.

Old people, children and the poor don't die in the United States when they can't afford healthcare, they have access to Medicare and Medicaid, all kinds of free clinics, charities, etc...  Health Insurance is expensive but generally affordable, (for those that aren't already covered by their employer.)  

I'll support myself, and my family.  I'll help those who cannot help themselves voluntarily because it's the right thing to do.  I don't want my government forcing me to though higher taxes or the alternative of prison.

I'm all for healthcare reform, but not this Obamacare garbage.